News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mesozoic Life Project - Kickstarter 2022

Started by Thialfi, May 07, 2022, 11:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Omg it completely dwarves the pnso, do you think it's still ok for a 1/35 scale ?

Carnoking

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shane

Looks to be about the size of the original PNSO Spino?

Abobo

Faelrin

New update for backers only:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mesozoiclifeproject/ramses-spinosaurus-figure-scale-1-35-mesozoic-life/posts/4166792

Aside from the above images, basically mentions that once the shipment hits ports the tracking will update. Until then we need to wait.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

JohannesB

Eagerly awaiting mine. It will be worth the wait. I really hope Kevin Miguel got everything out of it, business-wise and such. I really hope his company will continue and thrive. It must have been quite a lot of hard work. It certainly paid off for us customers.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Abobo on August 05, 2024, 09:01:12 PM

It's a beautiful figure. Those orange markings on the sail really make it stand out on the shelf. Add to that the size, and the very unique light teal/gray colouration, and this is really centrepiece material.

Hoping to see more from Kevin Miguel!

Stegotyranno420

This is not a drill
Everyone, check dinosdragons yt  ;D  ;D  ;D

Abobo

awesome
(but no updates yet for my tracking since july 24 :( )

Concavenator

The Spinosaurus is looking great, the prettiest one in the market IMO, but I'm not interested in getting that species for my collection. I get the feeling the next species they're planning to make (if they plan to continue, that is) is a Concavenator, in that case I'd be more interested.

That said, congrats to all the people who are getting it, and I'm glad to see it released after all this time.

Sim

I hope Mesozoic Life continues making figures, but I have no interest in their Concavenator.  I think Concavenator was either fully scaled or extensively feathered, not the meme of it being scaled with quills on its arms.  I also don't find Concavenator very interesting.  I'd much prefer Mesozoic Life would make Herrerasaurus, which is another species in their series.

postsaurischian

This Kickstarter has been disappointing from the beginning and I was hoping for a satisfying result after all this time.
Seeing Dinodragon's review is frustrating. Unacceptable flaws after such a long production run.
Don't know what I will do with the model if it ever will be delivered one day.
Obviously I'm the only one who isn't happy with this which is kind of strange seeing how rigorous people here are with other companies.
This was probably the last Dinosaur Kickstarter I supported. Too many bad experiences throughout the last years :( .

thomasw100

Honestly, I do not understand why this figure gets so much praise for the paint design. It is basically all gray with a few red accents on the head and sail. Then these dark gray patches, which are placed on top of the base color without much of a transition. The PNSO is much better in my opinion. Much better implementation of the articulated jaw, richer surface details and a much more complex paint design.

Pliosaurking

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 13, 2024, 10:24:39 AMHonestly, I do not understand why this figure gets so much praise for the paint design. It is basically all gray with a few red accents on the head and sail. Then these dark gray patches, which are placed on top of the base color without much of a transition. The PNSO is much better in my opinion. Much better implementation of the articulated jaw, richer surface details and a much more complex paint design.
As someone who has the figure in hand, it actually is more blue rather than grey. I don't own the PNSO figure to compare it to, although I personally prefer Mesozoic life's version.

Leyster

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian I think you're being a bit unfair in regards to Mesozoic Life Project. I get that the model might have some slight flaws, like that webbed foot in DinosDragons' video (but I don't know if it's like that in all copies), but after all it's the very first project of this kind by its creator, and I think that, all considered, it turned out great. Just consider that BOTM (and I'm comparing it with BOTM not because I've something against BOTM, but because being a Kickstarter project too it's a bit closer to the scopes of Mesozoic Life Project than, daresay, PNSO o Safari), still they figures have more than one, as you said, "unacceptable flaw" (like the little-of-use bases, or the unmovable feet that ends up warping, or the lower jaw of some ceratopsians). And yet it looks to me that no one really minded them so much, all considered. So I don't think there is this positive bias towards Mesozoic Life Project. If anything, it's being bashed a bit.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Sim

I would have been disappointed if I received a Spinosaurus figure with foot webbing missing, personally.  But I think L @Leyster's comparison with BotM is appropriate.  BotM dromaeosaurids and tyrannosauroids having the lower jaw protrude past the upper jaw is terrible and shouldn't happen.  It's bad quality control that it has happened, and is what eventually made me decide to not collect figures from that line.

Faelrin

I'm still waiting to have mine in hand before judging it. I didn't watch DinosNDragons video on it yet for that reason. A bit unfortunate if his has QC issues. I ran into that quite a bit with David's figures, but he was always receptive with the feedback, and gave me advice on how to fix them in some cases (thankfully in most cases it was just a matter of warping, which is usually fixed easily). That said I think mass produced action figures are probably more prone to this sort of thing than static figures, what with all the extra parts and joints needed.

I will be sure to report on mine, if/when it arrives.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Abobo on August 12, 2024, 06:22:38 PMawesome

Warung Forza has said he has asked them several times for tracking information, with they finally provided for my order last Thursday.  Tracking it via Fedex however just shows the label was made then and they haven't received the package. Someone is dropping the ball on orders.

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 13, 2024, 08:42:42 PM
Quote from: Abobo on August 12, 2024, 06:22:38 PMawesome

Warung Forza has said he has asked them several times for tracking information, with they finally provided for my order last Thursday.  Tracking it via Fedex however just shows the label was made then and they haven't received the package. Someone is dropping the ball on orders.

"Details of shipments to USA and UK

Also, the carrier reminded me today that I should have advised that since the USA and UK orders were the most numerous, something similar to Mexico is happening, i.e. the tracking codes for FedEx, UPS, DPD, etc... have been created but will be updated until the products arrive to port, currently they are being transported by ship and once they arrive to port, the courier service will pick up the package and ship it, updating the tracking code registry automatically." - Kickstarter Progress Report #43

It seems that the current delay is outside of Kevin's control at this point.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: