News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Shapeways

Started by tyrantqueen, December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very nicely done once again Boki !

Zhuchengotyrant

I love shape ways, but it is too expensive
-Zhuchengotyrant

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on September 05, 2013, 06:44:49 PM
I love shape ways, but it is too expensive
Only if you buy the big stuff. Most of the medium and small sized models are affordable.

Battatitan

I have to say, this latest batch is my favourite. The colours are imaginative and add so much character to the models.  ;D

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Battatitan on September 05, 2013, 09:34:48 PM
I have to say, this latest batch is my favourite. The colours are imaginative and add so much character to the models.  ;D

Thanks everyone ^-^ Despite the challenge of painting such small figures, I am actually very happy how they all turned out.  ;)

captain jack

Hey, got the deluxe pentaceratops from rarebreed.Nice!! Now looking at a few more.

captain jack

Just placed my order for Krentzs' 1/72 Kosmoceratops.Looking forward too seeing this in hand.

postsaurischian

Quote from: captain jack on September 17, 2013, 11:29:57 PM
Hey, got the deluxe pentaceratops from rarebreed.Nice!!

I'd like to see pics of the deluxe version!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I encourage everybody who's receiving a survey e-mail from Shapeways to take part.
I did so about a week ago. It took a few minutes, but was worth the effort.
Because today I got a $25 credit for that :D.

captain jack

Me Too! Yesterday I ordered. Today my credit message arrived. Ordered 1/40 Chasmosaur.Way Cool!!!

tyrantqueen

I've noticed Galileo Hernandez has produced some Shapeways models.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 25, 2013, 07:52:54 PM

Nice! Can you please post a link?

tyrantqueen

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 25, 2013, 08:08:24 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on October 25, 2013, 08:00:52 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 25, 2013, 07:52:54 PM

Nice! Can you please post a link?
https://www.shapeways.com/designer/GNmodels

Cool :) ... thanks!
I have to get me baby Parasaurolophus 'Joe' :D.
And the Allosaurus also looks awesome. Too bad it's only in 1:72 :-\.

I've added Galileo to the list on page 1.

postsaurischian

:(  Oh no! Just when I wanted to order 'Joe', all Galileo models are gone on Shapeways.
Whatever has happened? I WANT 'JOE' BACK! Please Galileo!! Do you hear me?
If only I had done it yesterday ::). Did anyone?

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 26, 2013, 02:01:29 PM
:(  Oh no! Just when I wanted to order 'Joe', all Galileo models are gone on Shapeways.
What the heck?! What happened?! :o
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 26, 2013, 02:01:29 PM
Yes, I ordered Joe and a T.rex skull yesterday, and I received a mail saying that they're on their way to the printers. I wonder why he took his models down? :-\ I saw that someone left negative comments on every single model listing, so I have a suspicion that might have something to do with it. Maybe he'll reupload them?

I'm sorry Postsaurischian, that sucks :(

dutchdinolover

I recently strolled on the internet surging for more dinosaur models and came a cross this very talented guy:

http://forum.primalcarnage.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3964

Does anybody know him? I only could wish he is willing to load them op to the Shapeways website....

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dutchdinolover on November 03, 2013, 03:12:22 PM
I recently strolled on the internet surging for more dinosaur models and came a cross this very talented guy:

http://forum.primalcarnage.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3964

Does anybody know him? I only could wish he is willing to load them op to the Shapeways website....
I don't know him but I've seen his work before. It would be pretty nice to get 3D models of them, but not all artists are willing or able to do so.

tyrantqueen

Oh, btw, most of Galileo's Shapeways models (except for the Allosaurus) are back up now: http://www.shapeways.com/designer/GNmodels

tyrantqueen

Here are my two Shapeways acquisitions:

1/40 Tyrannosaurus skull, in polished WSF. I am very pleased with the outcome of this material, I might order it again in future, since it's not as outrageously expensive as FUD, but still has good detail without the coarseness of the standard WSF :)

Parasaurolophus baby "Joe", standard WSF.

Both of these models were made by Galileo (Geene models).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: