News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Shapeways

Started by tyrantqueen, December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhuchengotyrant

How long is the Agustinia model by David Krentz🗿
-Zhuchengotyrant

radman

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on November 26, 2013, 02:33:14 PM

All of the model dimensions are in the product specs in both metric and English units, look there.  ::)
BTW, an inch is equivalent to three barleycorns, if that helps.  Unless you're Scottish.

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: radman on November 26, 2013, 02:49:45 PM
Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on November 26, 2013, 02:33:14 PM

All of the model dimensions are in the product specs in both metric and English, look there.  ::)
I will, it was just easier to ask. ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

radman

From what I understand, the  artist does get a certain percentage of the sale, and they can dictate the amount.  Which is why mb-cg's models are way more affordable than battle-braks, for instance, for a similar size model.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gorgonzola

Quote from: radman on November 26, 2013, 03:56:03 PM
From what I understand, the  artist does get a certain percentage of the sale, and they can dictate the amount.  Which is why mb-cg's models are way more affordable than battle-braks, for instance, for a similar size model.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're spot on with it.  I'd actually love it if Shapeways introduced a multi-editing tool for pricing - would make uploading multiple poses just a tad faster since I could dictate the materials and markup just once and have it apply universally to a group of models.

radman

Bookmark it, and start saving your pennies:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/GNmodels

SBell

Quote from: radman on November 27, 2013, 02:36:17 AM

On the weekend I had just tried to order (amongst many things) the Inostrancevia (roaring) but it was rejected for thine walls. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. And some of those models weren't even there at the time!

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on November 27, 2013, 02:57:08 AM

On the weekend I had just tried to order (amongst many things) the Inostrancevia (roaring) but it was rejected for thine walls. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. And some of those models weren't even there at the time!
The Edaphosaurus and Parasaurolophus (both of which I ordered and have posted photos of here in this thread) were both rejected at least once when I ordered them. They turned out okay in the end, but you'll have to expect at least some cancellation when ordering from this shop.

I ordered both models in WSF originally, but Shapeways would not print the Edapho in WSF, so then I switched to WSF polished, which turned out okay (and I'm glad I did, I happen to like the look of polished a lot better).

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 27, 2013, 09:53:14 AM
Quote from: SBell on November 27, 2013, 02:57:08 AM

The Edaphosaurus and Parasaurolophus (both of which I ordered and have posted photos of here in this thread) were both rejected at least once when I ordered them. They turned out okay in the end, but you'll have to expect at least some cancellation when ordering from this shop.

I ordered both models in WSF originally, but Shapeways would not print the Edapho in WSF, so then I switched to WSF polished, which turned out okay (and I'm glad I did, I happen to like the look of polished a lot better).
I just ordered a PWSF dino too! It was the Majunga by Mr.Krentz
-Zhuchengotyrant

tyrantqueen

1:20 Dimetrodon by Geene models, in WSF polished.

So apparently, this is a 1:20 model. It's actually tiny, just over 5 inches (yeah, that's what she said...). It's smaller than Geene model's 1/20 Edaphosaurus (which I also posted earlier in the thread), so it's rather confusing.

Despite the size discrepancy, it's still a very nice model :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 28, 2013, 04:25:31 PM
So apparently, this is a 1:20 model. It's actually tiny, around the size of the Invicta Dimetrodon, which would put it in a 1/45 scale, I guess...?

:o What!! The Invicta Dimetrodon is about 8 cm long. Shapeways says this model is about 15 cm long.
       That would be fraud C:-).
Please have a look and tell us how long it is actually!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 28, 2013, 08:03:00 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 28, 2013, 04:25:31 PM
So apparently, this is a 1:20 model. It's actually tiny, around the size of the Invicta Dimetrodon, which would put it in a 1/45 scale, I guess...?

:o What!! The Invicta Dimetrodon is about 8 cm long. Shapeways says this model is about 15 cm long.
       That would be fraud C:-).
Please have a look and tell us how long it is actually!
Sorry, brain fart I guess. I was wrong about the Invicta's size :-X. I'll go back and edit my post.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 20, 2013, 05:58:17 PM

1/20 Edaphosaurus, in WSF polished.

I got a message today that this version of the Edaphosaurus could not be printed in WSF polished ??? >:(.
Of course there will be extra shipping with a re-order.
Sometimes I hate Shapeways.

radman

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 29, 2013, 10:51:54 AM

I got a message today that this version of the Edaphosaurus could not be printed in WSF polished ??? >:(.

Write back to shapeways explaining the situation and ask them to give you free shipping on your next order, They usually do that.  ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: radman on November 29, 2013, 01:10:49 PM

Write back to shapeways explaining the situation and ask them to give you free shipping on your next order, They usually do that.  ;)
By default, when an order gets cancelled because a model cannot be printed, Shapeways will refund the order fully with credit which you can use on another item.

Postsaurischian, sorry to hear about the order getting cancelled :(

tyrantqueen

Looks like Galileo has reuploaded the Edapho again....you could try again if you want.

SBell

Quote from: radman on November 29, 2013, 01:10:49 PM

I ordered a roaring gorgonopsid, but it was cancelled--I was refunded the value of the model, plus the shipping, since I ordered during a free-shipping promo.

rammleid

My cute Cubby Allosaurus by David Krentz... today I finishes her painting job :)

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: rammleid on December 01, 2013, 01:05:52 PM
My cute Cubby Allosaurus by David Krentz... today I finishes her painting job :)

I like the colours! ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: