News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Shapeways

Started by tyrantqueen, December 01, 2012, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've heard of this happening but I've never ordered that material myself so can't really say. 

Patrx

Gosh, I've never seen print lines that bad, and I've ordered several models in WSF unpolished. I think something went wrong.

DinoLord

Aw man that's a drag; if I were you I'd try to get my money back.

reinier zwanink

Ooh thats not good at all
Did you order them at the same time?
I have got 1 from shapeways to but that 1 is ok
I would contact them and add some pics

shiftdel

Quote from: reinier zwanink on February 17, 2015, 10:01:19 PM
Ooh thats not good at all
Did you order them at the same time?
I have got 1 from shapeways to but that 1 is ok
I would contact them and add some pics

Yes, I ordered them together with other models too, but only these 2 in WSF no polished.

tyrantqueen

That's not normal. I've ordered lots of models in the WSF material and never had anything like this. You should show your photos to Shapeways and get a refund.

ProSauropod

I've gotten many different models from Shapeways, probably at least a dozen in WSF.  Never seen anything like this.  As stated, write them and send pictures - and please keep us informed as to what happens  ???

TQ; you posted as I was writing - reasonably good minds do think alike  ^-^

amargasaurus cazaui

I myself have also gotten alot of models from them and never seen anything this bad, I would be horrified and demand immediate replacement/refund. It seems to speak to something beyond just a printing error to allow something that deeply patterend to slide through their quality inspection prior to shipping. Truly sorry this happened to you
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

shiftdel

Thank you guys for the feedback, I just opened a complain with Shapeways, I will let you all know about the progress.  I was not believing that such bad quality could be normal, but had to be sure ;)

shiftdel

I received an ultra fast response from Shapeways, she agreed that the models do not look good and will open a complaint to see if they can reprint the models for me, let´s see...

reinier zwanink

Thats good to hear

He but if do do
Can i get the old ones 8)

shiftdel

Everything went well, they are going to reprint both models for me.  Great customer support.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on September 25, 2014, 10:58:07 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 25, 2014, 09:15:11 PM
I just got a crazy idea >:D

There are stores here in the UK offering to make printed versions of yourself. I was thinking how weird it would be to scale yourself down to a certain size and then display yourself (literally) with your collection. I think my mind just exploded from awesomeness.

AAAAAKK why does the UK get the cool things :P

I would love to have a Model of my self at a Toy model Scale. The only replica I have of my self is a model Baby that was made to look like me when I was, well, A BABY

Wouldn't it be uber-creepy to print out all your Facebook (Instagram) friends? Imagine if one of them comes over and sees the collection!

modelnut

Wow! That would be so cool to place a model of yourself beside your favorite dinosaur model to show just how big the animal was.  ;D

I have seen fellows do that by placing a picture of themselves next to a model. But a 3D version would look so cool!

- Leelan

CityRaptor

Honestly, I wouldn't want a model of myself.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tyto_Theropod

Me neither. It just gives me these weird voodoo vibes, if that makes any sense.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Uroplatus

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on February 26, 2015, 11:51:47 AM

It certainly does.
However, if you keep it for yourself and don't stick any needles in it i guess you would be fine. :)

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Uroplatus on February 26, 2015, 12:27:31 PM
Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on February 26, 2015, 11:51:47 AM

It certainly does.
However, if you keep it for yourself and don't stick any needles in it i guess you would be fine. :)

Lol yup :P
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

shiftdel

Shapeways'  staff did a great job and sent me new prints of the models with problems:

tyrantqueen

Now that's an improvement ;)

I wonder if Gorgonzola will re-do some of his older Shapeways prints, since he mentioned something about his style having grown a lot over the year or so. That would be cool.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: