News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2023

Started by Faelrin, August 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

I wish they sold a multipack of all the human characters in the original film, sves from the hassle of having to track all of them down individually. Especially with how common distribution and stock issues are.

Now this is a rather cool release, much better than the flop of a crowdfunder. Tempted to pick this one up, and maybe it'll give me the push to grab the rest of the original cast too as I've yet to add a single HC human to my collection. On the Dilophosaurus, I can't tell if they went back and fixed the pupils or not? Would be a shame if they didn't bother correcting the errors. The lazy body paint is still incredibly disappointing.

Gwangi

That's definitely awesome, and unexpected. Weird that they included the Dilophosaurus of all things though, it's not the right scale, and unnecessary.

MLMjp

This is what an exclusive should be.

Something really, really cool but at the same time something that is not essential to complete the collection.

Shane

Quote from: Gwangi on July 11, 2023, 03:12:25 PMThat's definitely awesome, and unexpected. Weird that they included the Dilophosaurus of all things though, it's not the right scale, and unnecessary.

The Dilo is an odd choice, I'd say they probably did it because they needed a small-ish dino (gotta have a dino of some kind), but raptors are super over-used.

My personal idea for an exclusive that will never be produced is a JP3 raptor with sound functionality, but instead of making raptor noises, it says "Alan."

Nyrorosaurus

Quote from: Shane on July 11, 2023, 03:46:46 PMMy personal idea for an exclusive that will never be produced is a JP3 raptor with sound functionality, but instead of making raptor noises, it says "Alan."
Haha, that would be awesome

Eatmycar

I love this. What a cool exclusive! I'm not sure I'll get it because, while it is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime piece, I don't feel like I need Spielberg on my shelf? They could really build out a bit of the key people here for Jurassic. I could see Stan Winston with an animatronic dinosaur. or Michael Crichton with a dinosaur skeleton... just, leave the climate change denialism at home.

Faelrin

Yeah the Dilophosaurus seems to have the same incorrect pupils. Missed opportunity to fix that and to add the white markings (edit: to make it more film accurate of course, like on the actual animatronic used). Too late for that now though. That aside though, the main appeal of this is obviously Spielberg himself. I think it's nuts they made a figure of him for this year's SDCC exclusive. Was not expecting it at all, but it makes perfect sense to do one of the director as he was when he worked on the film, for the year of the 30th anniversary.

Edit: Price is $30 and it goes up for sale on the 21st (this month of course). I'm debating if I really want to pick this up yet or not though. Well least I have time to decide.

https://creations.mattel.com/products/jurassic-park-30th-anniversary-steven-spielberg-figure-hpd32

More images below:

Spoiler

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

andrewsaurus rex

ha ha.......that's fun.  I didn't realize you could order SDCC exclusives online.  I may do get this.

BlueKrono

Sigh... if only these were 1/12 scale.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

TheCambrianCrusader

Pretty neat set, especially cool for the people that missed out on the dilo

Shane

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on July 11, 2023, 05:52:39 PMha ha.......that's fun.  I didn't realize you could order SDCC exclusives online.  I may do get this.

It's up to the individual company, but more and more are setting aside limited quantities for online purchase for those who are unable to attend SDCC. It's a welcome change, as previously your only shot if you couldn't attend was to try to beg someone who was going to stand in line for you and get as many exclusives as possible before they sold out.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'll be picking this one up if I can. At $30 it might sell out fast like Nedry. I feel bad taking the Comic Con exclusives out of the box, though. My last two Comic Con figures remain unopened. Fortunately, we got Arnold separately and I'm hoping for a Gennaro at some point, too. I don't see a standalone JP Spielberg coming out anytime soon though so I guess I can justify getting two of them this time.

Today is also the 11th-- the last day to unlock the paddock signs on the crowd funder. At only 26% backed right now I doubt it'll happen. It's a shame, too, since I'm sure that will only discourage more people from backing.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Prehistory Resurrection

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9QDSWV9/ref=cm_sw_r_as_gl_api_gl_i_00033X8VV4S122K4R8T1?linkCode=ml1&tag=collectjura06-20

Just wanted to let know that the Hammond Collection Concavenator's price on Amazon just dropped from $21.99 to $12.36 (44% off).

On a side note, I want to say that I'm quite sad to see that the crowd-funding project isn't going well but I think it was foreseeable due to Mattel's unrealistic demands.

The new Steven Spielberg figure looks cool with the complimentary accessories. What a truly amazing piece to commemorate this  masterpiece, chef's kiss of a movie's 30th anniversary this year. I hope to see a figure of the equally legendary Stan Winston being made too, hopefully in the near future. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on July 11, 2023, 07:42:49 PMhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9QDSWV9/ref=cm_sw_r_as_gl_api_gl_i_00033X8VV4S122K4R8T1?linkCode=ml1&tag=collectjura06-20

Just wanted to let know that the Hammond Collection Concavenator's price on Amazon just dropped from $21.99 to $12.36 (44% off).

On a side note, I want to say that I'm quite sad to see that the crowd-funding project isn't going well but I think it was foreseeable due to Mattel's unrealistic demands.

The new Steven Spielberg figure looks cool with the complimentary accessories. What a truly amazing piece to commemorate this  masterpiece, chef's kiss of a movie's 30th anniversary this year. I hope to see a figure of the equally legendary Stan Winston being made too, hopefully in the near future. 

Price is about the same in stores too I saw today.

I just want the gates, I don't really care about the rest nice as it would be.

Spielberg is great! I actually had this idea last week myself..a Stan Winston and Phil Tippet figure would also rock. They could be fussing at Phil " You had ONE job Phil!" while dinosaurs wreak havoc in the background lol

Now everyone is complaining it's not Dr Wu..lol

Maybe this one won't be too hard to get, I see the Malcolm figure is still in stock. 

There is also a Hotwheels SDCC exclusive jeep with Malcolm.

Gwangi

I've never tried to buy a SSCC exclusive before but I might have to make an exception for this one. It's really unique.

Faelrin

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi If you truly want this one make an account on Mattel Creations now, and get your correct address up there. I believe from history these go up at exactly 12pm EST. Make sure you got your credit card info in like a text document so you can cntrl c copy and cntrl v paste it when you get to the check out page. Alt tab between them to save more time. Mobile is not recommended for something like this.

I also refreshed a ton in the last minute waiting for it to open up. Fast internet, browser (I use Firefox), and good PC specs can make all the difference in time. The rest is a matter of luck, especially with those long checkout times.

In any case it is how I scored Nedry all those years ago, both on Entertainment Earth and Mattel Creations (for friend in Guatemala), which was the hardest of the two, because it was certainly not prepared and could barely handle the load. Funny enough mine has a unique production error, two exact feet.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

Quote from: Faelrin on July 12, 2023, 04:05:50 PMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi If you truly want this one make an account on Mattel Creations now, and get your correct address up there. I believe from history these go up at exactly 12pm EST. Make sure you got your credit card info in like a text document so you can cntrl c copy and cntrl v paste it when you get to the check out page. Alt tab between them to save more time. Mobile is not recommended for something like this.

I also refreshed a ton in the last minute waiting for it to open up. Fast internet, browser (I use Firefox), and good PC specs can make all the difference in time. The rest is a matter of luck, especially with those long checkout times.

In any case it is how I scored Nedry all those years ago, both on Entertainment Earth and Mattel Creations (for friend in Guatemala), which was the hardest of the two, because it was certainly not prepared and could barely handle the load. Funny enough mine has a unique production error, two exact feet.

Thanks for all the tips. Yeah, the stress and anxiety caused by this process is a big reason why I don't participate. One of the reasons I enjoy collecting Mattel toys is because I can usually just walk into a store, see them in person, and buy them. It's a fun and stress free process. Still not totally decided if I'll go for the Spielberg set and I won't be broken hearted if I do and still end up missing out. Thanks again!

Prehistory Resurrection

A closer look at the Habitat Defender Triceratops and comparison with the Hammond Collection and the Roarivores versions in the video, along with other newer figures.

Shane

Sadly, it looks like backing for the JP Gates has completely stalled. Very little if any new backers over the weekend, with 9 days to go. The needle has stopped moving.

I don't say this to gloat, I say it with sadness and disappointment. This should have and could have been a slam dunk. It's really a shame Mattel fumbled the ball so much on this.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: