You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HIYA TOYS Godzilla vs. Kong / MONSTERVERSE & TOHO CLASSIC Articulated Figure Line (Image-Heavy OP)

Started by GojiraGuy1954, September 27, 2022, 09:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonRider02

Anyone ordered first Hiya Ghidorah from store GunDamit and received it? Mine has been stuck in transit for over 65 days with no tracking updates.

MLMjp

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 12, 2024, 02:31:14 AMSorry I missed this. For sure. 30.00 per figure would be ridiculous unless your one of those "me first" reviewers.  If  Iwere making a large order and it was only 30.00 then..maybe.

Hiya just announced a new Ghidorah repaint/add-ons.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/270444?o=1

Of course I just got charged for my first Hiya Ghidorah via Amazon..ugh.

If amazon is getting it's stock now hopefully other stores join soon...I need my Ghidorah and I need him now.

I was totally expecting this repaint to happen. Part of me wants it, part of me doesn't, specifically the one who has already paid a deposit for the first release and will lose some money if it tries to swap it for this one.

The gold paint and beams are the main selling point, but I feel like they should have also included the wing beams, that would have me this much more appealing.

I made some custom beams for my (now gone) SH Monsterarts with a wire and yellow colored hot glue, if I can't reuse those I can make new ones.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DragonRider02 on March 12, 2024, 09:36:59 AMAnyone ordered first Hiya Ghidorah from store GunDamit and received it? Mine has been stuck in transit for over 65 days with no tracking updates.

I've never heard of them myself so I can't really help.  I try to do searches and check with facebook groups to see where best to purchase. Did it actually ship and get stuck somewhere or did they just provide tracking and it hasn't shipped yet?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: MLMjp on March 12, 2024, 12:45:56 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 12, 2024, 02:31:14 AMSorry I missed this. For sure. 30.00 per figure would be ridiculous unless your one of those "me first" reviewers.  If  If I were making a large order and it was only 30.00 then..maybe.

Hiya just announced a new Ghidorah repaint/add-ons.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/270444?o=1

Of course I just got charged for my first Hiya Ghidorah via Amazon..ugh.

If amazon is getting it's stock now hopefully other stores join soon...I need my Ghidorah and I need him now.

I was totally expecting this repaint to happen. Part of me wants it, part of me doesn't, specifically the one who has already paid a deposit for the first release and will lose some money if it tries to swap it for this one.

The gold paint and beams are the main selling point, but I feel like they should have also included the wing beams, that would have me this much more appealing.

I made some custom beams for my (now gone) SH Monsterarts with a wire and yellow colored hot glue, if I can't reuse those I can make new ones.

Says he's arriving tomorrow. We'll see.  The price has shot up to 189.00 for him now.

I like the beams but thats the main draw for me, the gold paint looks kind of thick and obscures details of the sculpt I think. I do like the stand they made, it's more of a chest brace vs the pole versions. 

I saw someone make a custom mothra wing outline in flames for burning Godzilla like that.

MLMjp

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 12, 2024, 02:34:46 PMSays he's arriving tomorrow. We'll see.  The price has shot up to 189.00 for him now.

I like the beams but thats the main draw for me, the gold paint looks kind of thick and obscures details of the sculpt I think. I do like the stand they made, it's more of a chest brace vs the pole versions. 

I saw someone make a custom mothra wing outline in flames for burning Godzilla like that.

Oh, so that why the gold looks off to me. Couldn't put my finger on it...

Whatever, unless the final product somehow makes me fall in love with it, I'll stick to the original.

DragonRider02

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 12, 2024, 02:30:25 PM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on March 12, 2024, 09:36:59 AMAnyone ordered first Hiya Ghidorah from store GunDamit and received it? Mine has been stuck in transit for over 65 days with no tracking updates.

I've never heard of them myself so I can't really help.  I try to do searches and check with facebook groups to see where best to purchase. Did it actually ship and get stuck somewhere or did they just provide tracking and it hasn't shipped yet?
GunDamit and ShowZStore, their second store (where they sell 3rd party Transformers figures) are very well known among Transformers and Gundam collectors. I bought a lot of stuff from them, including all my Hiya figures, and never had any problems. Thay always arrived quickly.
They usually ship though Yanwen, but Ghidorah was shipped though China Post instead (probably becouse of the box size). It was sent on 6th January and there are only two shipping updates from that day, the last one saying "Your shipment has been reviewed by EU Customs and sent to the next step for processing." There has been no single update since. I am starting to loose hope of my Ghidorah ever showing up...

Faelrin

Shimo just got revealed, and boy are they beautiful. I'm glad being patient paid off here. Well won't be out for like another year, but anyways.

Already pre-ordered it on BBTS:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/272636?o=4

Don't know anything about this creature yet (no spoilers please), other then the design popping up in the toys, and maybe one of the trailers? Anyways the design is gorgeous to me. The white and purple goes together nicely. Gives me Asian dragon vibes too (minus the head, which kind of looks a little shark like to me).

I'll add pics when I'm back on PC.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Takama

Quote from: Faelrin on March 30, 2024, 12:25:53 AMShimo just got revealed, and boy are they beautiful. I'm glad being patient paid off here. Well won't be out for like another year, but anyways.

Already pre-ordered it on BBTS:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/272636?o=4

Don't know anything about this creature yet (no spoilers please), other then the design popping up in the toys, and maybe one of the trailers? Anyways the design is gorgeous to me. The white and purple goes together nicely. Gives me Asian dragon vibes too (minus the head, which kind of looks a little shark like to me).

I'll add pics when I'm back on PC.

Spoiler
wish it comes with a IN SCALE Skar King to ride her with
[close]

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm debating ordering her from Kowkis, according to them it would arrive a few months earlier.

Cpt Red 3eard

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on April 15, 2024, 08:04:54 PMI'm not sure what everyone's opinion is on ordering from Amazon, but they've got most (all?) of the Hiya toys for as cheap as I've seen anywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hiya+toys+godzilla&crid=39EBJ0SSCXIJI&sprefix=hiya%2Caps%2C133&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_4

Many are out of stock, others have a much longer wait time than say Hiya direct or Kowkis.  I did get my Ghidorah there.  Mothra is one I'm looking for, it says in stock but it's not.

MLMjp

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 16, 2024, 05:26:04 AM
Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on April 15, 2024, 08:04:54 PMI'm not sure what everyone's opinion is on ordering from Amazon, but they've got most (all?) of the Hiya toys for as cheap as I've seen anywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hiya+toys+godzilla&crid=39EBJ0SSCXIJI&sprefix=hiya%2Caps%2C133&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_4

Many are out of stock, others have a much longer wait time than say Hiya direct or Kowkis.  I did get my Ghidorah there.  Mothra is one I'm looking for, it says in stock but it's not.
If you are talking about the first Mohtra (not the emerald ver.) at this point I would not bother trying to find it, since we'll probably get a new repaint in the future...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: MLMjp on April 16, 2024, 10:09:47 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 16, 2024, 05:26:04 AM

If you are talking about the first Mohtra (not the emerald ver.) at this point I would not bother trying to find it, since we'll probably get a new repaint in the future...

We are getting the emerald one and I do have a preorder on it from EE IF it ever comes in but I still look, you never know if a deal will pop up.

Giganotosaurus

I hope this is the year Hiya starts producing Pacific Rim figures! I just see so much potential in a PR line from them.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

DragonRider02

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on April 19, 2024, 11:21:25 PMI hope this is the year Hiya starts producing Pacific Rim figures! I just see so much potential in a PR line from them.
LingJiHun currently has Pacific Rim license, so it's probably unlikely for Hiya to get it as well. Especially with both brands being Chinese.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Blade-of-the-Moon

GojiraGuy1954

GojiraGuy1954

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: