News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

J

Potential well known dinosaurs for Mojo Fun

Started by john2xtheman, December 03, 2012, 08:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What well known dinosaurs do you want to see from Mojo Fun?

Ceratosaurus nasicornis
12 (16.2%)
Styracosaurus albertensis
5 (6.8%)
Diplodocus longus
8 (10.8%)
Dilophosaurus wetherilli
6 (8.1%)
Lambeosaurus lambei
18 (24.3%)
Lambeosaurus magnicristatus
11 (14.9%)
Archaeopteryx lithographica
17 (23%)
Tyrannosaurus rex
6 (8.1%)
Triceratops horridus
3 (4.1%)
Ankylosaurus magniventris
1 (1.4%)
Giraffatitan brancai
5 (6.8%)
Stegosaurus stenops
4 (5.4%)
Iguanodon bernissartensis
11 (14.9%)
Baryonyx walkeri
21 (28.4%)
Deinonychus antirhhopus
9 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 74

John

For this thread I suggest we all put down up to 3 (so it doesn't end up reading like a shopping list) well known dinosaurs we would like to see developed by the folks at Mojo Fun so they can be put in a poll.

I'll be first to put in some ideas:

Ceratosaurus nasicornis
Styracosaurus albertensis
Diplodocus longus
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

ZoPteryx

I suggest:

Dilophosaurus wetherilli   (lots of companies makes this, but I have yet to see any really good ones)
Lambeosaurus magnicristatus or lambei   (very well known and distinctive, but little made)
Archaeopteryx lithographica   (very famous, but none are currently in production)

Trexroarr

Here are my three choices. :)

Tyrannosaurus rex (Lets just be realistic now, okay? How can you do a new line of Dinosaur figures and NOT make a new T-Rex to start it off? This is just a given. Tyrannosaurus sells.)
Triceratops horridus (Same as above.)
Ankylosaurus magniventris (We haven't had a really good Ankylosaurus in a long time. It is definitely overdue. Plus, it goes well with the above two species.)

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Takama

Staeting off wih a Bad rex for the Deluxe line is fine by me, Because were are now here to aid you James(if you see this)

For the Deluxe line, Well,

Brachiosaurus, Yes  I know it would be big, but small Sauropod figures are, lets say frowend upon. The biggest one on the market right now (as in Not retired) Is highly outdated. And you can make one thats the right size at 1:40 scale.   To help with Costs, Consider Holowing it out a little.

For the smaller line well.

make that the Kids Line, go ahead and be what you were with it.  We collectors like Scaled Replicas. 

Trexroarr

Quote from: Takama on December 04, 2012, 01:43:24 AM
Staeting off wih a Bad rex for the Deluxe line is fine by me, Because were are now here to aid you James(if you see this)

Brachiosaurus, Yes  I know it would be big, but small Sauropod figures are, lets say frowend upon. The biggest one on the market right now (as in Not retired) Is highly outdated. And you can make one thats the right size at 1:40 scale.   To help with Costs, Consider Holowing it out a little.

make that the Kids Line, go ahead and be what you were with it.  We collectors like Scaled Replicas. 

Who said they are doing two different lines? I honestly hope that they don't so that everything is at 1/30 scale lr close to it. I think their 1/15 scale T-Rex was just a one time thing. Even if it wasn't they are basically starting from scratch here anyway.

Seijun

My well-know dino picks:
Iguanodon
Diplodocus
Baryonyx (is that considered well-known?)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Quote from: Trexroarr on December 04, 2012, 02:03:51 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 04, 2012, 01:43:24 AM

Who said they are doing two different lines? I honestly hope that they don't so that everything is at 1/30 scale lr close to it. I think their 1/15 scale T-Rex was just a one time thing. Even if it wasn't they are basically starting from scratch here anyway.

Welll,   

The Small line is this

While all they released for the Deluxe line is this

Trexroarr

Like I said, they are basically starting fresh. That was the past..

John

I made a poll for this thread too. ^-^
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bokisaurus

Patrx

tyrantqueen

My top vote goes for Baryonyx, simply because all available toys of this species are terrible. No feathers, please. :) My other two votes are Styracosaurus and Iguanodon.

Also, I don't care about deluxe scales or small scales, just make it in 1/30 or 1/40 and I'm happy.

sauroid

mine are:
Giganotosaurus carolinii
Archaeopteryx lithographica
Diplodocus longus
Ceratosaurus nasicornis
Pentaceratops sternbergii
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Patrx

I voted for Archaeopteryx :) Even the Kaiyodo version is beginning to show its age; a new one is called for. I don't care about scale, so long as it's not really tiny. What was the scale on the old Carnegie Microraptor?

Horridus

Can't we have Diplodocus carnegii instead of D. longus? ;)

How about a dromaeosaur? Any will do, as long as it's feathered and not some 1990s throwback (Schleich!). Deinonychus would be a good one, as it's well known and more mean-looking than Velociraptor (stouter, larger claws).
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Patrx

Quote from: Horridus on December 04, 2012, 06:28:53 PM
How about a dromaeosaur? Any will do, as long as it's feathered and not some 1990s throwback (Schleich!). Deinonychus would be a good one, as it's well known and more mean-looking than Velociraptor (stouter, larger claws).

Seconded! I've been looking for a modern Deinonychus figure for years - it just doesn't seem to exist yet.

John

Deinonychus will be added as the 15th and last potential option on the poll ;D

CityRaptor

So we assume Mojö starts fresh and improves on Dinosaurs, right?

Why are two Lambeosaurus on the Poll, but not Stegosaurus?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

John

Quote from: Pixelboy on December 04, 2012, 06:22:16 PM
I voted for Archaeopteryx :) Even the Kaiyodo version is beginning to show its age; a new one is called for. I don't care about scale, so long as it's not really tiny. What was the scale on the old Carnegie Microraptor?
That one was scaled at 1:4.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: