News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

need4swede

Quote from: Over9K on May 15, 2023, 09:53:47 PMWAIT... so we're getting a $100+ PAPO Standing T.rex??

That actually made me laugh out loud!
Not entirely sure if that's what it is, essentially, but I find the idea of the Papo Rex being literally everywhere to the point where it just suddenly appears in other manufacturer's lineups pretty darn hilarious. Long live the Papo Rex!  ;D
- Swede

blnadal

I'm little disappointed with this new mosasaurus..
her head looks polygonal (?), I don't know ...

Sturisoma

Alpha 2.0unactivated color is very popular, so we were wondering if you need other similar products as well.
Supplanter2.0 & Raptor 2.0 unactivated color came into being!
Of course, whether to put into production depends on the demand of the market. If you really need them, please let us know that these two products will be put into production at a price close to that of Alpha 2.0.
Supplanter2.0 is the standard 1:35 ratio.
Raptor 2.0 is the standard 1:15 ratio

I wonder why the Raptor will be in 1:15 scale, but the articulated one will be in 1:12 scale?

Hmmm that spino looks good. I was bummed they did not give a free mini spino in neutral pose. This will do just fine.

Flaffy

I don't understand why Nanmu's going for these awkward scales. Why not make it 1/18 to scale with Mattel's mainline figures? Also, I personally wish it was the JP raptor design instead of the JP3 phenotype. But I'm guessing that'll come later.

Kinda tempted by the Mosasaurus 2.0 though... I've always wanted a screen accurate JW Mosasaurus since 2015. Hasbro obviously dropped the ball with theirs. Mattel didn't do much better in the screen accuracy department either. I still don't have a single Nanmu product in my collection, so this may very well be the first.

Blade-of-the-Moon

So..we aren't getting a painted version of the raptor?

Paleo Flo

The stripped one has the superior paintjon imo.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Over9K on May 16, 2023, 01:06:08 AM
Quote from: dragon53 on May 16, 2023, 12:01:40 AMI'm also hoping for a Nanmu Dreadnoughtus and Nasutoceratops.

I don't really collect sauropods, but I have a mighty need for a Nanmu Dreadnaughtus.

Similarly, I don't collect Nanmu, but a Dreadnoughtus would be very tempting, if it were half the size of Mattel's.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sturisoma

Have a good weekend.Have a good weekend.
Time always passes quickly. Cherish the present.

Silly me. The base is not round/circular as I thought  :))  good news though as it means smaller box to ship hence the price goes down.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on May 20, 2023, 01:03:55 PM

The Prime 1 may still have more detail?  It's probably still bigger given it's non scale.

Sturisoma

The P1 looks more detailed compared to the Nanmu which looks more soft/muted in details. Still a more budget friendly alternative though  ^-^

SenSx

Only the green color on that limited Dragon Soul version ?
I mean it borrows the pose of the first movie, it should be brown first...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on May 21, 2023, 11:15:34 AMOnly the green color on that limited Dragon Soul version ?
I mean it borrows the pose of the first movie, it should be brown first...

Surely there will also be a brown version.

SenSx

That Dragon Soul Rex is extremely tempting.

I don't need it as I alwready own the previous pvc rexes from Nanmu, but such an iconic pose with the bulk the first female was lacking...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on May 21, 2023, 03:40:34 PMThat Dragon Soul Rex is extremely tempting.

I don't need it as I alwready own the previous pvc rexes from Nanmu, but such an iconic pose with the bulk the first female was lacking...

Hang on a second, is this the Dragon Soul or is the one with the broken fence diorama the DS version?

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 21, 2023, 03:42:29 PMHang on a second, is this the Dragon Soul or is the one with the broken fence diorama the DS version?

Fence Rexy is the DS, based on the logo on the promo photo.

Also, note the teeth aren't the translucent look of the Fanaticism Series.

Over9K

D'Oh!

Over9K

Quote from: Sturisoma on May 21, 2023, 03:04:50 AMThe P1 looks more detailed compared to the Nanmu which looks more soft/muted in details. Still a more budget friendly alternative though  ^-^

To be fair, the P1 Rotunda Rexy is resin, which enables deep, crisp, uniform details, while the Nanmu Rotunda Buck is PVC.

SenSx

Oh ok I assumed the rotunda was DS because I thought all the iconic poses from the movies were kept for this line, and to me rotunda roaring Rex is more iconic.
Could be good news for me, it means better price, I'll just wait and see how the other DS rex looks.

By the way I'd love to have that banner from the P1 rex on my Nanmu, do you think it is buyable somewhere ?

Over9K

Quote from: SenSx on May 21, 2023, 08:52:56 PMOh ok I assumed the rotunda was DS because I thought all the iconic poses from the movies were kept for this line, and to me rotunda roaring Rex is more iconic.
Could be good news for me, it means better price, I'll just wait and see how the other DS rex looks.

By the way I'd love to have that banner from the P1 rex on my Nanmu, do you think it is buyable somewhere ?

I was actually pondering making one of my own, fully poseable, by making the banner in P-shop, printing it out, and gluing the image to a backing of some kind of fabric, with some posing wire sammiched in-between.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: