News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sturisoma

Alpha t rex 2.0 will see us next month!

Hoping this Alpa 2.0 won't have standing issues  :))

On a side note, I wish the therizinosaurus and pteranodons will be up for production after the mosasaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on January 15, 2023, 06:15:36 AMAlpha t rex 2.0 will see us next month!

Hoping this Alpa 2.0 won't have standing issues  :))

On a side note, I wish the therizinosaurus and pteranodons will be up for production after the mosasaurus.

I kind of wish they were before..but at least it gives me a break in spending.

Over9K

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm going assume that is a really rough concept?

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol I just mean it looks so..bad. It better be a rough one  ;D   

They probably could have used an older JP Rex concept and no one would have known ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana posted on Facebook early this morning they are accepting reservations from past customers for the Dragon Soul V-Rex and Giga. I contacted them and was added to the list for an April release, no funds upfront.  I went ahead and ordered the V-Rex to replace my Nanmu Shadow Monarch deluxe and Rebor Vanilla Ice V-Rex, if anyone is interested let me know.

Sovereign59

I messaged Lana a few days ago asking about registering to pre order the upcoming Dragon Soul figures. They basically said they put me on the list because I am an "old customer," but there are many other old customers on it who get priority. We'll see what happens I guess.

But I did FINALLY manage to order the Dragon Soul Spinosaurus. I found a shop online that just put it up a few days ago, but it's already sold out. It's coming from Australia, and shipping was steep, but I'm so glad the hunt for this one is finally over. It's been long and painful.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sovereign59 on February 07, 2023, 03:05:10 AMI messaged Lana a few days ago asking about registering to pre order the upcoming Dragon Soul figures. They basically said they put me on the list because I am an "old customer," but there are many other old customers on it who get priority. We'll see what happens I guess.

But I did FINALLY manage to order the Dragon Soul Spinosaurus. I found a shop online that just put it up a few days ago, but it's already sold out. It's coming from Australia, and shipping was steep, but I'm so glad the hunt for this one is finally over. It's been long and painful.

You have to be quick I guess, I posted they were taking preorders from old customers as soon as I saw them post in on social media.

I actually sold mine a month or so ago, it pays to check the classifieds section of the forum.

Sovereign59

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2023, 05:36:43 AMYou have to be quick I guess, I posted they were taking preorders from old customers as soon as I saw them post in on social media.

I actually sold mine a month or so ago, it pays to check the classifieds section of the forum.

Oh, yes, I messaged them as soon as I saw their post on Instagram. But from what I understand, they are offering to customers first based more on how much a customer has spent/ordered with them in the past, rather than how soon you register to be added to their list.

I have checked the classifieds a bit, but I didn't expect to see anyone parting with the dragon soul spino. Was there something about it that you didn't like? Do you prefer another version of the JP3 Spino over that one?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sovereign59 on February 08, 2023, 01:49:18 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2023, 05:36:43 AMYou have to be quick I guess, I posted they were taking preorders from old customers as soon as I saw them post in on social media.

Oh, yes, I messaged them as soon as I saw their post on Instagram. But from what I understand, they are offering to customers first based more on how much a customer has spent/ordered with them in the past, rather than how soon you register to be added to their list.

I have checked the classifieds a bit, but I didn't expect to see anyone parting with the dragon soul spino. Was there something about it that you didn't like? Do you prefer another version of the JP3 Spino over that one?

That could be it. I've bought almost all my Nanmu pieces from them and I also PNSO from too.

I have the first Spinosaurus, and I bought the regular edition as well as the Dragon Soul. Setting them all together I just didn't see much improvement. Of the three V1 is actually the best to me. Examining the two new releases for accuracy against the film the Dragon Soul had the correct head design, but the body was too thin where it should have been thick. The pose just didn't work as they intended either, I know what scene they were trying for but it was awkward in 3D. The regular edition was less, and has a better proportioned body though the head sculpt is a bit off. Paint work was just as good as the DS. I posted some pics of all three together, the pose and head sculpt of the original puts it slightly above the other two and the paint, design and price put the regular edition above the DS offering.  I had all three of the Nanmu pieces and the new WDragon, and both Prime 1 pieces so I have a lot to compare lol I now have 5 JP3 Spinosaurs and it's a bit too much of a good thing lol If they make one truly excellent and accurate version maybe I could part with all of these.  ;D

Sovereign59

Thank you for that thorough opinion, it's appreciated! A friend of mine has the V1 Spino from Nanmu and I always have a look at it when I visit them. It is a great figure. I have the version 2 and I really like it, just waiting to have the dragon soul in hand to compare them more closely.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sovereign59 on February 09, 2023, 04:36:41 AMThank you for that thorough opinion, it's appreciated! A friend of mine has the V1 Spino from Nanmu and I always have a look at it when I visit them. It is a great figure. I have the version 2 and I really like it, just waiting to have the dragon soul in hand to compare them more closely.

No problem, hope I made sense, I have a tendency to ramble.  I had planned to sell V1 and keep one or the other of the new pieces..didn't think I'd be selling the "higher end" one. The regular V2 seems like it might scale well their first T-Rex if that helps too.

Sovereign59

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 09, 2023, 04:40:55 AM
Quote from: Sovereign59 on February 09, 2023, 04:36:41 AMThank you for that thorough opinion, it's appreciated! A friend of mine has the V1 Spino from Nanmu and I always have a look at it when I visit them. It is a great figure. I have the version 2 and I really like it, just waiting to have the dragon soul in hand to compare them more closely.

No problem, hope I made sense, I have a tendency to ramble.  I had planned to sell V1 and keep one or the other of the new pieces..didn't think I'd be selling the "higher end" one. The regular V2 seems like it might scale well their first T-Rex if that helps too.

No worries, I appreciate a good ramble! :P I have their V1 Rex, and two versions of the... what did they call it? Once and Future King? The V1 Rex still confuses me a bit, I can never quite tell if it was meant to be the Rex from the first film, or the Doe from The Lost World.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sovereign59 on February 09, 2023, 04:43:41 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 09, 2023, 04:40:55 AM

No worries, I appreciate a good ramble! :P I have their V1 Rex, and two versions of the... what did they call it? Once and Future King? The V1 Rex still confuses me a bit, I can never quite tell if it was meant to be the Rex from the first film, or the Doe from The Lost World.

Your in good company then! lol  Yeah the Once and Future King, some of these names..I swear. I'm not exactly sure there are a lot of differences between Rexy and the Doe? I know the sculpt for Once and Future has a male TLW Rex head. So I bought it in that color scheme, I had the V1 Rex in both brown and green but sold the green one when Once came out.

Sturisoma

"Hello, friends. Long time no see.
The current state of Alpha 2.0 is an unfinished dynamic pose designed to demonstrate basic forms of use, and subsequent development work is under way."

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a JP Rex alright.

Carnoking

I guess it looks a little bulkier?

I wouldn't mind if they just left it in this pose to be honest, gives it a real maquette feel and that would actually be something a bit more unique than just another JP rex in a standard pose.

And here's hoping it's not a V.rex/Carnotaurus situation where they only do a dragon soul version of this resculpt.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe I'll get it..we'll see what the final product looks like.  Lana said this was their next updated piece..I'm curious if there are  any new species between that? 

QuoteThe next updated work of Nanmu Studio will be Mosasaurus, and the next one will be today's protagonist--Alpha 2.0.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: