News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Also, at this point I would much rather get an update on the teased Therizinosaurus than yet more work on these 2.0 releases.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 23, 2022, 12:47:23 PMThese strike me as being a bit of a nightmare to display  :o

Also, at this point I would much rather get an update on the teased Therizinosaurus than yet more work on these 2.0 releases.

They are more for table top or shelf top display. The " Sideshow variant " lol isn't all that bad as it's almost entirely vertical. My Sideshow Mosa is in a corner beside my lamp/bed.

I have to second this. While some models could use updates ( Raptor squad, Indominus Rex, Indoraptor, ) I think I would be more inclined to buy more new species. Especially when the ones offered are pretty much replicating poses from other companies I already own.

Carnoking

Looks like you'd need a lot of head room for both and that's a bit of a tall order for my collection seeing as I display mine beneath a roof and the ceilings are slated inward above the shelves. I's also need a nice wide shelf for the standard release. I can just see myself walking past and catching that one by the tail if there was some overhang happening, and I'm sure that would spell extinction for it or any other figure it took with it going down.

I'm also a little worried about the Dragon Soul offering being top heavy and toppling over like a bowling pin if upset. Sure, it's the same as sideshow's on a superficial level but unless it's engineered the same then...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on December 23, 2022, 05:56:26 PMLooks like you'd need a lot of head room for both and that's a bit of a tall order for my collection seeing as I display mine beneath a roof and the ceilings are slated inward above the shelves. I's also need a nice wide shelf for the standard release. I can just see myself walking past and catching that one by the tail if there was some overhang happening, and I'm sure that would spell extinction for it or any other figure it took with it going down.

I'm also a little worried about the Dragon Soul offering being top heavy and toppling over like a bowling pin if upset. Sure, it's the same as sideshow's on a superficial level but unless it's engineered the same then...

I would say a 12" shelf width would be sufficient at least for how wide a shelf is needed. 

If the base is as big and heavy as it looks then it shouldn't be an issue.

blnadal

TooOldForDinosaurs

When will get an actual *new* product from Nanmu again and not just another remake?  :'(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on January 02, 2023, 01:40:35 PMWhen will get an actual *new* product from Nanmu again and not just another remake?  :'(

I would say the Giga but even though they have had a Giga before that one vs the JW one is apples vs oranges i guess you mean a totally new species?  Maybe they will try one later this year. I can't blame them for making something that sells vs what doesn't.  I just don't see a need to keep buying the same ones either though it's great for those that missed out.

Actually selling a few of my Nanmu pieces now.  It's odd they haven't made a new Indominus or Indoraptor.

Carnoking

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Imagine the possibilities if they decided to do accurate dinosaurs, or atleast other JP dinosaurs.
But our relativley "niche" wishes are nothing compared to "supply and demand"

Blade-of-the-Moon

As I said I can't blame them, maybe after all these money makers they will try something new.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 03, 2023, 03:27:54 AMAs I said I can't blame them, maybe after all these money makers they will try something new.
Like Rebor did. There is hope.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 03, 2023, 07:58:49 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 03, 2023, 03:27:54 AMAs I said I can't blame them, maybe after all these money makers they will try something new.
Like Rebor did. There is hope.

Exactly. 

I can say I wasn't as wowed with the Spinos as I had hoped. I opened both the regular edition and the Dragon Soul and I just sold the Dragon Soul today.  It's odd but I think if they had taken the original model increased it's size and upped the paint apps it would have been about perfect.

Eatmycar

The company that does nothing but make 'high quality', unlicensed film replicas decides to pursue the quickest way to cash in.

Color me shocked.

Halichoeres

The best way to get Nanmu to stop making endless retreads is for JP/JW fans to stop buying the retreads. Come on, fellas, you can do it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Eatmycar on January 04, 2023, 01:34:54 AMThe company that does nothing but make 'high quality', unlicensed film replicas decides to pursue the quickest way to cash in.

Color me shocked.

Well they have done very good non-JP models like their Yangchuanosaurus with prey and Shunosaurus family scene. Unfortunately both of those were only in resin and for a quite hefty price. Maybe if those pieces recieved more recognition they would be more motivated to pursue other ways.

Despite being unlicensed - their sick Trike is still the best and most ,high quality' model for the fairest price of that iconic scene thats currently available. Change my mind. ;) 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on January 05, 2023, 06:09:15 AM
Quote from: Eatmycar on January 04, 2023, 01:34:54 AMThe company that does nothing but make 'high quality', unlicensed film replicas decides to pursue the quickest way to cash in.

Color me shocked.

Well they have done very good non-JP models like their Yangchuanosaurus with prey and Shunosaurus family scene. Unfortunately both of those were only in resin and for a quite hefty price. Maybe if those pieces recieved more recognition they would be more motivated to pursue other ways.

Despite being unlicensed - their sick Trike is still the best and most ,high quality' model for the fairest price of that iconic scene thats currently available. Change my mind. ;) 

They also did a very nice and popular Giganotosaurus before the Dominion design.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 05, 2023, 06:22:27 AM

Color me shocked.

They also did a very nice and popular Giganotosaurus before the Dominion design.

Yes I actually like their first giganotosaurus better than the new JW one, glad I grabbed one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on January 05, 2023, 12:09:57 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 05, 2023, 06:22:27 AM

Color me shocked.

Yes I actually like their first giganotosaurus better than the new JW one, glad I grabbed one.

For a more realistic animal I find it's the best one made thus far.

SenSx

For a more realistic yes, I still love the W-Dragon one, I usually don't buy two figure of the same specie (except for JP velociraptors for T-Rex), that is my rule to not anger my wallet :)
But I made an exception here

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: