News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I haven't had any figure with issues except the very first Carnotaurus which did need a stand as the ankles would slowly warp.  All of my current pieces stand and I've not received a Dragon Soul damaged either though some have..I don't know how many arrived broken vs safe. There is always a chance of damage with any product though.

SenSx

My only Nanmu figure that needs a stand is indeed the first Carnotaurus version.
It happened over time.

Sturisoma

All my Dragon Souls arrived in one piece luckily. Of the pvc figures, Only my parasaurolophus and alpha t rex have standing issues. Excited to see alpha 2.0 hopefully with a better balanced pose.

dragon53

STURISOMA:

I partially fixed my Leaning Tower of Parasaurolophus by bending the peg to the far right and rear and inserting a black cardboard piece under the foot so that it does not fall completely over anymore.

I saw a Youtube review of another Nanmu dinosaur and saw a shelf full of dinosaurs in the background with a green Nanmu Parasaurolophus like mine lying on its side and not on its base. I asked the collector who posted the review if he also had leaning problems with his green Parasaurolophus, but I got no reply.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Green version I think had more of a lean to start with? I recall there was a bit of difference like that with the Allosaurus too.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

My green Parasaurolophus with the bent peg is 6 1/8" high. As I said before, out of the box, mine would sometimes fall completely over to the left.

In Andy's dinosaur Youtube, his green Parasaurolophus is 7" high (and tilts to the right) and his brown Parasaurolophus is 6 1/4" high.
For some strange reason, there appears to be a variation in the heights for a mass-produced figure.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on February 18, 2023, 09:43:47 PMBLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

My green Parasaurolophus with the bent peg is 6 1/8" high. As I said before, out of the box, mine would sometimes fall completely over to the left.

In Andy's dinosaur Youtube, his green Parasaurolophus is 7" high (and tilts to the right) and his brown Parasaurolophus is 6 1/4" high.
For some strange reason, there appears to be a variation in the heights for a mass-produced figure.

I'm pretty sure it's the peg that's to blame. Depending how far in it is or the angle used it can alter the way the figure leans and appears.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow, that looks awesome. It's longer than the Spinosaurus. 

Gonna be fun trying to find a place to put it and the Dragon Soul.

Sturisoma

Looks like Alpha 2.0 is in a reverse rotunda pose. Me like! It's gonna be a budget friendly rotunda rex  :))  the little static pose rex is a good bonus too! Happy to see it's not a random person hahaha.

Carnoking

So I'm guessing the breakout rex is the Dragon Soul offering?

Sturisoma

Quote from: Carnoking on February 24, 2023, 12:00:15 PMSo I'm guessing the breakout rex is the Dragon Soul offering?

Most likely. It has the DS sign. I'm also noticing Nanmu's trend of having the pvc with open mouth, DS with closed mouth. (except for v rex 2.0 since there was no pvc version)

Carnoking

Quote from: Sturisoma on February 24, 2023, 12:41:14 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on February 24, 2023, 12:00:15 PMSo I'm guessing the breakout rex is the Dragon Soul offering?

Most likely. It has the DS sign. I'm also noticing Nanmu's trend of having the pvc with open mouth, DS with closed mouth. (except for v rex 2.0 since there was no pvc version)

Ah, I forgot the DS has its own special seal to look for

Cpt Red 3eard

I'm usually fine with Nanmu's standard PVC pose, but I think I'll have to make an exception for the JP rex, which is my favorite fictional dinosaur.

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Pliosaurking

Seeing as I never picked up the original I'll definitely be grabbing one version of this beauty!

Kei

Oh she's magnificent looking - I'll definitely save up for one as well ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm still waiting to see the final piece.  The breakout looks to be in roughly the same pose as the Giga just standing on fencing vs the hill. Will all that fence add another 100.00 to the cost like with the Ultimasaurus/dragon?

Rotunda pose is pretty classic, I can see why they would do it. I have the non scale Prime 1 version on order though so I'm not sure I need it. I'm kicking myself for missing out on the big Prime 1...    I think the ultimate budget rotunda piece would be the first brown Papo or the Hallmark ornament which even plays the theme song.  :)

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2023, 04:27:51 PMI'm still waiting to see the final piece.  The breakout looks to be in roughly the same pose as the Giga just standing on fencing vs the hill. Will all that fence add another 100.00 to the cost like with the Ultimasaurus/dragon?

Rotunda pose is pretty classic, I can see why they would do it. I have the non scale Prime 1 version on order though so I'm not sure I need it. I'm kicking myself for missing out on the big Prime 1...    I think the ultimate budget rotunda piece would be the first brown Papo or the Hallmark ornament which even plays the theme song.  :)

To be fair, that pose seems more appropriate for the rex than the giga. Definitely captures the moment of her eyeing Grant and Malcom's Explorer before stepping out of the paddock. Meanwhile, I can't seem to remember such a pose from the giga, but then again they didn't really have any "iconic" poses to pull from with that one seeing as it did basically nothing noteworthy.

As for the price, I too shudder at the thought*, although I do wonder if the broken fence will wind up being included to such an extent. After all, we've seen them cut things from designs before.

*I probably won't have to worry too much seeing as this too will probably be a challenge to get your hands on.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nanmu Giga comparison from Facebook

I remember when we thought the first Nanmu Giga was gigantic..the Dragon Soul will probably be even larger if the Spinosaurus was any indication.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: