News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracewyrm!

So this new wave of Tyrannosaurids includes a T. rex, a Daspletosaurus, a Lythronax and two other as of yet unnamed medium-sized Tyrannossaurs..
Being honest, as much as I had been hoping for some more variety in PNSO's tyrannosaurs, this is definitely a little much. I think I'll sit this one out and maybe pick up one or two of the medium sized releases, depending on how much variation we get in terms of colour schemes. These are great sculpts but not great enough for me to buy them all.

I'd wish for a proper 1:35 Essien remake, but knowing PNSO, we will proceed to get a streak of mostly same-y spinosaurs for the next decade.

They could've at least released them in a mixed up order to give the illusion of there being more variety than there is..
* (It's locked.)

Pliosaurking

I much prefer this over their Daspletosaurus, and I will definitely be getting this one!

Gwangi

I'm liking this Lythronax quite a bit.

Carnoking

That was quick. Maybe making up for lost time?

ceratopsian

At least the pattern is a bit different!  Making up for lost time - or responding to the torrent of releases from a potential rival?

Carnoking

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 11, 2023, 01:58:40 PMAt least the pattern is a bit different!  Making up for lost time - or responding to the torrent of releases from a potential rival?

That could certainly be it too! Although without the diversity and a lower price point, they'll still be coming up short  ;)

Carnoking

I will say though, the Lythronax is easily the more appealing of the two in my book. Of course, I've been wanting more 1:35 scale tyrannosaurs from PNSO so I'll be putting my money where my mouth is and picking up both and whatever else comes our way. I can only hope it's not all at once though...
Oh well, good thing I can always do with some retail therapy  :D

Medzo

But isn't Lythronax way too big for 1:35? If it doesn't fit, it is easily a turn off for me.

Lynx

Would've preferred it to be feathered
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

Again I'm still opposed to PNSO only releasing theropods. While I think a tyrannosaur line could be interesting (there's a lot of diversity in the smaller species and earlier ones), PNSO doesn't seem to be focusing on those species. If I do get any models, I'll probably be picking stuff up from 2021 since it's gotten relatively cheaper.
An oversized house cat.

Concavenator

Didn't expect another one so soon! Well, easy pass for me. I feel the same way about it that I do about their Zhuchengtyrannnus: very nice figure, but not interested in a fragmentary taxon like this. Bring on the Gorgosaurus!

Also, I've been thinking about it and I think I will be skipping the Daspletosaurus too. I really like that genus but I'll be going with Safari's instead, considering the presence of lips, the more interesting colors and the more affordable price. It represents D. torosus too, which is my favorite Daspletosaurus species.

Takama

AM i the only one Who hopes that After the tyrannosaurs

They finally get to Dromeosaurs?

In the same succesen?    cause im tired of waiting

Leyster

avatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus if 1:35 scale is so important for you, I'm afraid no one of the PNSOs I measured is 1:35. Most theropods are 1:32, with a few closer to 1:20 or 1:25.

Also, Cungkingosaurus is smaller than Kentrosaurus (and PNSO Chungkingosaurus is not 1:35, it's around 1:20)
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

postsaurischian

I must say I like this Lythronax, it's on my list.

Quote from: quiversaurus on June 11, 2023, 01:42:15 PMAlso, 1:35 scale is crucial for me too, or else I'm not getting the model (which has made me worry a little sometimes about Kentrosaurus and whether companies will 1. make it and 2. make it in 1:35 scale, .......

Wild Safari's figure is pretty much in 1:35 and I think it could look really good with a repaint.

Carnoking

Quote from: Bread on June 10, 2023, 08:50:17 PMI noticed that we're finally getting Tyrannosaurs to pair up with the Corythosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Centrosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, etc.

Shame that Edmontosaurus hasn't gotten a model yet by PNSO, would go great with the new Tyrannosaurus. I shouldn't say this but I'd be happy to pay ~$60 just for a huge 1/35 scale bull Edmontosaurus :P

I'd absolutely shell out for another big 1/35 scale Edmontosaurus. I have CollectA's and Ancestors (two different species) but neither have the realistic presentation of PNSO's figures.

Stegotyranno420

Also cool. But I expected the Daspletosaurus to be D.torosus since that species is as robust as Tyrannosaurus, but the figure looks very gracile

thomasw100

All these new models from PNSO are very nice. But we got only carnivores this year. From what are all these carnivores supposed to live if there are no more herbivores. I was hoping for at least one herbivore in the first half of this year, anything would have been welcome. This leaves me as a collector of herbivores only a bit sad.

ceratopsian

I mostly (but not exclusively) collect herbivores, so you are not alone T @thomasw100. I've bought PNSO models since before they were easily available in the West and I'm having withdrawal symptoms! The only one I've purchased this year is the Meraxes. 

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 11, 2023, 04:17:40 PMAll these new models from PNSO are very nice. But we got only carnivores this year. From what are all these carnivores supposed to live if there are no more herbivores. I was hoping for at least one herbivore in the first half of this year, anything would have been welcome. This leaves me as a collector of herbivores only a bit sad.

Faelrin

Bruh I was not expecting another so soon lol. This Lythronax is a nice surprise. I think the coloration here is more appealing then on the Daspletosaurus too.

But I really want to see the Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus. And hopefully after those two they get back to herbivores or something different like pterosaurs for once. They haven't done any since the mini ones in 2018. Or more marine animals.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

The Daspletosaurus is #73, Lythronax is #70. That leaves #71 and #72 for what I assume to be the Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus.

Definitely like the Savannah cat-like patterning and colour scheme on Lythronax. Dunno if I need him in my collection when I already have CollectA's, but will probably end up getting him at some point.

I don't mind PNSO doing theropods since Haolonggood's picking up the slack with their herbivore releases. Would really like to see PNSO branch out again though after this wave of tyrannosaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: