News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2023 forum banner

Started by Sim, February 15, 2023, 10:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Even though I like having the Safari Deinonychus in the forum banner, I think it would be great to have a new banner for the forum.  The current banner has become very tiresome to me and the less I see of the Papo Giganotosaurus the better.  Also, it consists of mostly 2020 figures but also has figures from other years - 2019 (the PNSO Dakosaurus) and 2021 (the BotM Triceratops).  So it feels a bit weird.

The main companies have all revealed at least one 2023 figure now, so if avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum can make a new banner, I think it's a good time for it!  In this thread we can list what we'd like in the 2023 forum banner.  My suggestions are:

1. PNSO Giganotosaurus (the only 2023 PNSO figure so far but it's a great one!)
2. CollectA Mosasaurus
3. CollectA Brighstoneus
4. CollectA Ruyangosaurus
5. Schleich Gastonia
6. Safari Majungasaurus (the only 2023 Safari figure so far)
7. Papo Kronosaurus
8. Creative Beast Albertosaurus/Bistahieversor/Daspletosaurus/Gorgosaurus/Tarbosaurus (I can't pick one, they're all so good!)
9. Creative Beast Utahraptor

DinoToyForum

Yep, I'd be happy to make a new banner and receive suggestions. Most important thing for me, do stock images exist with simple white backgrounds and no watermark that I can pinch!

Pachyrhinosaurus

It's been a while I think since we've had a new banner. My suggestions following the pattern of previous years, trying to get a variety of the major brands:

Safari Majungasaurus
CollectA Anomalocaris and Koolasuchus
Papo Einiosaurus
Schleich Gastonia
Mattel Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex and Gallimimus

I figured I'd include some Jurassic Park figures since it's the 30th anniversary and Safari has only revealed one piece so far.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Stegotyranno420

PNSO Giganotosaurus.
CollectA Ruyangosaurus.
Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus
(Assuming it gets released this year)
I am not sure about others.

I would like to see a 2022 banner, which in mu opinion makes more sense as we have seen all of those figures, but 2023 just started. Maybe I am thinking the wrong way.

DinoToyForum

I've uploaded a new banner. :)

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Pliosaurking

I just noticed it now, very nice indeed.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Faelrin

Oh that was nice to see when I got up.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

Didn't even notice it until I checked this thread. Looks great though!

EmperorDinobot

Fembrogon

I like it; no complaints here!

Sim

Doug Watson

Can't put my finger on it but for some reason I'm not crazy about it. ;D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 16, 2023, 08:04:12 PMCan't put my finger on it but for some reason I'm not crazy about it. ;D

Is the Stygimoloch not one of yours? I wanted to include the Safari Majungasaurus, which I think is one of yours, but couldn't find a good stock photo. The stock images of it on Safari's website have an odd contrast and cut-out appearance.

triceratops83

Happy to see the CollectA Ruyangosaurus in there, my favourite figure so far this year.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Flaffy

Would've loved to see Doug's Majungasaurus in the banner. Maybe replace the CollectA mini Daeodon for it?

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum The Stygimoloch, along with all the new DinoDana sculpts are not done by Doug to my knowledge.

Gwangi

Quote from: Flaffy on February 16, 2023, 11:02:24 PMWould've loved to see Doug's Majungasaurus in the banner. Maybe replace the CollectA mini Daeodon for it?

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum The Stygimoloch, along with all the new DinoDana sculpts are not done by Doug to my knowledge.

I thought the Daeodon was Safari's but it appears you are correct. Yeah, it doesn't seem right to not have a Doug Watson sculpt up there.

Doug Watson

Quote from: DinoToyForum on February 16, 2023, 10:14:12 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on February 16, 2023, 08:04:12 PMCan't put my finger on it but for some reason I'm not crazy about it. ;D

Is the Stygimoloch not one of yours? I wanted to include the Safari Majungasaurus, which I think is one of yours, but couldn't find a good stock photo. The stock images of it on Safari's website have an odd contrast and cut-out appearance.

Nope none of the new Dino Dana sculpts are mine. You know I did post that as a joke and not to start a pity party for me. I'm sure I'll get over it in time and with therapy.😁

Fembrogon

Admittedly the Stygimoloch wouldn't have been my first choice for a Safari rep. If we care enough to change it, might I suggest the new Cryolophosaurus, if it fits the spot?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: