News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

It's really nice to see that Ray's armour can come off. That was probably my biggest dislike about this set, but now it's alleviated.
The off road Jeep is so cool!

Is the jaw on the rex articulated normally or tied to a button? It sure looks normal in the out of box shots, and they animated it fluidly... but on the box, it has an arrow to the neck and an opening motion, so that looks like a button.

They seem to really be enjoying this line, and the JW Reimagined line is going to follow suit?
Does that mean they might actually distribute them worldwide?

Dilopho

Ooh, sorry for overposting a bit guys, but I just wanna point out that there's another Hammond Collection reveal for October?
So we're getting TWO more HC figures this year?

Faelrin

Thanks for sharing that. That's good news. Really hoping we get a TLW adult Stegosaurus for one of those.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dilopho

Quote from: Faelrin on June 26, 2024, 06:28:08 PMThanks for sharing that. That's good news. Really hoping we get a TLW adult Stegosaurus for one of those.

That's my biggest want for the Hammond Collection, especially if A) It's the same size range as the mainline ones, and B) The tail is jointed plastic like the Ankylosaurus.

I heard rumours of a Sinoceratops coming, has anybody else heard that, and if so is there any elaboration?
It's not exactly the craziest rumour ever, it's pretty much the main ceratopsian face of the JW Trilogy (Even though it appeared less times than Triceratops), but it'd be real nice to be true. There haven't been any medium dinosaurs this year so far, right? So a Sinoceratops would be perfect for that.

I personally can't see it being the other much wanted one, Spinosaurus, because I don't think they'd release two giant theropods back to back. Who knows, though?

If I were to choose a really oddball choice like the Metriacanthosaurus, Concavenator and Irritator... I'd go with Teratophoneus.

Carnoking

To whom it may concern, pre-orders are up and 15% off

Blade-of-the-Moon

Preordered one.

Not sure about this reimagined line now..heard they are canceling Legacy and the Classic 93' so this will replace both? I like the Classic as is and the film accuracy of Legacy. Would hate to lose both to get a combo of them?

Carnoking

Yes, it would be a shame for them to do away with the legacy collection as there's still a lot they could do with that line. As far as the '93 classic goes, I could take it or leave it. I've enjoyed most everything they've done with that but unlike the legacy collection, I don't see the '93 offerings as "essential" for my collection, much as I like them.

Perhaps this is a mandate from Target. I wonder if they're tired of carrying two exclusive lines in addition to both the HC and mainline?

MLMjp

Legacy Collection being gone would be a good thing for me. It does not get distributed in my country anymore and when it does is always the set I don't care about.

I really wanted the Roland Tembo set and the JP Raptor Cage Pack, and I gave up on them because it was either ebay scalpers or proxy services with astronomical shipping prices. Why is shipping stuff from the USA so goddamm expensive? I import stuff from japan from time to time and it's cheaper!

Flaffy

Quote from: MLMjp on June 27, 2024, 10:00:41 AMLegacy Collection being gone would be a good thing for me. It does not get distributed in my country anymore and when it does is always the set I don't care about.

I really wanted the Roland Tembo set and the JP Raptor Cage Pack, and I gave up on them because it was either ebay scalpers or proxy services with astronomical shipping prices. Why is shipping stuff from the USA so goddamm expensive? I import stuff from japan from time to time and it's cheaper!

Likewise. The Legacy Collection started out alright, but quickly fizzled out from being a Target exclusive line (probably being subject to many Target imposed limitations). It had a few star pieces, but tainted by the many duds as the line went on. The final nail in the coffin for me at least was that abysmal wave with the Kosmoceratops & Geosternbergia.

The sub-line's shoddy distribution outside of the US certainly didn't help either. Though that's an issue with the wider Jurassic line as well and not exclusive to the Legacy Collection.

Hopefully the Reimagined line adds some much needed spark back into these legacy characters and dinosaurs.

Flaffy

Quote from: Dilopho on June 26, 2024, 03:50:09 PM

Is the jaw on the rex articulated normally or tied to a button? It sure looks normal in the out of box shots, and they animated it fluidly... but on the box, it has an arrow to the neck and an opening motion, so that looks like a button.

It honestly just looks like an Extreme Chomping rex headswap. Turtle-neck, clownfeet and all.

Dilopho

Quote from: Flaffy on June 27, 2024, 01:18:51 PMIt honestly just looks like an Extreme Chomping rex headswap. Turtle-neck, clownfeet and all.
That's undoubtedly what it is, but the Extreme Damage version I reviewed for the blog this week has articulated jaws not tied to a button.
I was wondering if this was the same after seeing the stopmotion move so fluidly, or if they went with a button to make it closer to the original young rex figure.
I know that one didn't have a button, but you couldn't pose it with its jaws open is what I mean.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on June 27, 2024, 01:16:53 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on June 27, 2024, 10:00:41 AMLegacy Collection being gone would be a good thing for me. It does not get distributed in my country anymore and when it does is always the set I don't care about.

Likewise. The Legacy Collection started out alright, but quickly fizzled out from being a Target exclusive line (probably being subject to many Target imposed limitations). It had a few star pieces, but tainted by the many duds as the line went on. The final nail in the coffin for me at least was that abysmal wave with the Kosmoceratops & Geosternbergia.

The sub-line's shoddy distribution outside of the US certainly didn't help either. Though that's an issue with the wider Jurassic line as well and not exclusive to the Legacy Collection.

Hopefully the Reimagined line adds some much needed spark back into these legacy characters and dinosaurs.

I'd still rather something be out there than not. At least then there is a chance  I could acquire one.

Target is the problem as they demand exclusives from all their suppliers. It's meant to drive business to their stores. Mattel just doesn't have the ability to get around them or importing stores don't want to carry something.

All that aside I and others here have offered to help get items for members multiple times. So it's not impossible.  Shipping is pricey both ways, from here to Europe and back to us as well.  Yeah Japan, AU, Asia in general is cheaper not sure why..maybe the sheer volume of imports?

Dilopho

I finally got my HC Giganotosaurus in from Mattel's website- holy moly. It's great.
I was really pleased to see the review of it go up on the blog the same day, too!

Mine seems to be free of any defects, but the rubber part of the tail is a bit droopy.
Does anyone else think the articulated skeleton inside is a bit iffy? It's like sometimes it has some weird mind of its own.
I would still rather they just do articulated plastic tails, like the Ankylosaurus. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind visible joints at all.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.