News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy8wizard

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on March 28, 2024, 03:26:17 AMBring on the Alamosaurus!

By any chance was there ever a mention, picture, sketch or image on a tv set of a Patagotitan or Argentinosaurus in any of the movies, cartoons or video games?  I'm hoping for one of those so Mattel can crack the 6 foot mark.  :)

It's a stretch but Argentinosaurus appears extremely unceremoniously in Jurassic World Alive

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: crazy8wizard on March 28, 2024, 04:11:00 AM
Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on March 28, 2024, 03:26:17 AMBring on the Alamosaurus!

By any chance was there ever a mention, picture, sketch or image on a tv set of a Patagotitan or Argentinosaurus in any of the movies, cartoons or video games?  I'm hoping for one of those so Mattel can crack the 6 foot mark.  :)

It's a stretch but Argentinosaurus appears extremely unceremoniously in Jurassic World Alive

We do have Ultrasaurs in the Ride.  I'd love a Ride based lineup.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 28, 2024, 04:19:21 AM

I guess I forgot that was referred to as Ultrasaurus. Why would they not call it Brachiosaurus when it clearly is one?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: crazy8wizard on March 28, 2024, 05:00:42 AM

I guess I forgot that was referred to as Ultrasaurus. Why would they not call it Brachiosaurus when it clearly is one?

I've never heard a good explanation. Maybe the color didn't match the ride? It was also odd they used Stegosaurus when in the film they had Triceratops..it even had Compies and Paras prior to the 2nd film. I guess it was more novel based? But I don't recall Ultras in it either.

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 28, 2024, 02:15:40 PM

I've never heard a good explanation. Maybe the color didn't match the ride? It was also odd they used Stegosaurus when in the film they had Triceratops..it even had Compies and Paras prior to the 2nd film. I guess it was more novel based? But I don't recall Ultras in it either.
No, Ultras weren't in either novel, just Apatosaurus. Although, Ultrasaurus was a fairly new discovery at the time, so that might be why Universal used them.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on March 28, 2024, 02:35:07 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 28, 2024, 02:15:40 PM

No, Ultras weren't in either novel, just Apatosaurus. Although, Ultrasaurus was a fairly new discovery at the time, so that might be why Universal used them.

It probably sounded cool is my best guess lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Why they went back to that design I have no idea..

Eatmycar

It's a bizarre choice. That said, aside from the tail length, it isn't bad.

At this point in the line, though, I can't afford to go for anything and everything. I have to be choosy for space. There's just so MUCH Mattel Jurassic at this point.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eatmycar on April 01, 2024, 09:13:45 AMIt's a bizarre choice. That said, aside from the tail length, it isn't bad.

At this point in the line, though, I can't afford to go for anything and everything. I have to be choosy for space. There's just so MUCH Mattel Jurassic at this point.

I totally get that. I never thought we would have too much JP/JW to collect. I pity the completists. I see more and more collectors with their collections in bins and not displayed anymore. If I do that I would just sell them and keep what I like. I'm kind of at a point of do I collect more toys or do I just keep the higher end statues and kits?   I have put some up high shelves in our gift shop and put some of my collection there. Kind of like Chester and Hester's in Dinoland at Disney lol

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Better than the transforming species ones.

Prehistory Resurrection

New Jurassic World Chaos Theory toys revealed. Bumpy appearing in McDonald's Chaos Theory merchandise and two Spinosaurus toys revealed (the Crushivores one and the Epic Evolution Epic Attack figure) makes me wonder if these two will appear in Chaos Theory. We'll see...  Also Becklespinax! "Brunette" is quite a weird name.

Flaffy

Becklespinax looks surprisingly neat! I had imagined the design to be a boring generic allosauroid with a sail haphazardly glued on, but this is shaping up to be quite the interesting movie monster design.

The new Spinosaurus head sculpt is far superior to the old one. Dunno what took Mattel so long to redo the sculpt but hey better late than never. Gonna be waiting for the inevitable Hammond Collection release though.

Faelrin

Missed opportunity to call it Becky since they are using the old name for it lol. Hope it comes to JWE2. Got some Spinoraptor vibes. Still have similar thoughts from prior (per its resemblence to Concavenator, etc), but the design looks neat.

I swear I've seen the Imaginext version before. Wasn't it leaked a while ago?

Wonder if those Mcdonalds figures will be in the US. I got quite a bit of the Camp Cretaceous ones (just missing a few international ones like the Parasaurolophus I think).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Becklespinax actually looks well sculpted regardless of it being accurate.  The Spino looks ok/? Can't see a lot of it, there is a HUGE wound on the sail.  I still have my previous Spino though so probably no hurry to buy this one. Agreed on waiting for the HC version.

Prehistory Resurrection

The Chaos Theory new toys in a summary;

Battle Roar Becklespinax "Brunette":

Imaginext Becklespinax:

Screen counterpart:

Epic Evolution Epic Attack Spinosaurus:

Quite a glow-up from the previous version.

Crushivores Cage Crasher Spinosaurus:

Dilophosaurus Mask:

Wonder if this one will make its comeback in Chaos Theory too.

Epic Evolution Roarin' Frenzy RC T-Rex:

The Chaos Theory McDonald's Toys;

Bumpy:

Parasaurolophus, Pachyrhinosaurus and Nasutoceratops:

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin here you go.

MLMjp

Without the dip on the sail and a JP3 accurate color scheme this could have been great...

But as it is...it's just a dissapointment.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: