News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I'd probably skip it without much thought if not for the fact that the previous battle damage spino is now somewhat of a high dollar item from the Mattel line. Don't want to miss the boat with this one only to realize it's something I do want after all.

Faelrin

Straight up looking like a zombie. Hope I can get my hands on this one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eatmycar

I love this thing in terms of color, the new tail and legs, and the modern-ish sail.

But... really? I just have no compelling reason to get it. Like, if this was the 2018 Battle Damage one, I would've been all over eBay for this guy. I'll wait for the inevitable Hammond Collection Spinosaurus. They keep giving us main line and other weird Spinosaurs in the side lines, surely a Hammond one is in the future at some point.

Flaffy

The Spinosaurus is certainly... something... A weird amalgamation between accuracy and JW. I do wonder what prompted the design change in the sail.

Hopefully better pics of the Becklespinax surface soon. That's the one I'm interested in. The full body image posted above is a photobash of the leaked head+torso with the Megalosaurus's body+tail.

BlueKrono

Why oh why did I start collecting sailbacks? Mattel gonna be using my wallet as a piñata this year. 💸
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Becklespinax is pretty interesting looking.  The Spino is neat but not something I NEED.

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2024, 03:33:28 AMThe Becklespinax is pretty interesting looking.  The Spino is neat but not something I NEED.

Precisely my thoughts. Again, hopefully with the new Spino sculpt, this means that a HC version is not far off in Mattel's labs. ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on April 06, 2024, 03:42:26 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2024, 03:33:28 AMThe Becklespinax is pretty interesting looking.  The Spino is neat but not something I NEED.

Precisely my thoughts. Again, hopefully with the new Spino sculpt, this means that a HC version is not far off in Mattel's labs. ;D

I would bet next year. We get the Giga this year which is also pretty needed after the one figure was such a let down.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2024, 05:01:32 AM

I would bet next year. We get the Giga this year which is also pretty needed after the one figure was such a let down.

I don't think there is any confirmation that we're getting a Giga this year, the image that was floating around social media was an April Fool's prank.

MLMjp

Quote from: Gwangi on April 06, 2024, 01:15:41 PM

I don't think there is any confirmation that we're getting a Giga this year, the image that was floating around social media was an April Fool's prank.

That image was courtesy of Marco Makes (like he wasn't annoying enough...) but way before April Fools, rumors started to spread about a HC Giganotosaurus and Therizinosaurus, and the Theri turned out to be real, so why not the Giga.

JPToys has it listed in the 2024 releases, Collect Jurassic also gave hints a while ago...

Gwangi

Quote from: MLMjp on April 06, 2024, 03:59:47 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on April 06, 2024, 01:15:41 PM

That image was courtesy of Marco Makes (like he wasn't annoying enough...) but way before April Fools rumors started to spread about a HC Giganotosaurus and Therizinosaurus, and the Theri turned out to be real, so why not the Giga.

JPToys has it listed in the 2024 releases, Collect Jurassic also gave hints a while ago...

Thanks for the clarification. The Giga definitely needs an HC figure since the mainline one was trash.

DinoFan2010

Darius and Atrociraptor "Ghost" Set:

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Carnoking

Oh no, the crouching Raptor mold has been reincarnated

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Carnoking on April 11, 2024, 07:28:42 PMOh no, the crouching Raptor mold has been reincarnated
The mold came out 2 years ago!   Honestly, I kind of want this set, not for the raptor, but for that sick taser!

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Faelrin

Not exactly Jurassic World or dinosaur themed per se (although has some connections to a particular line that did), but Mattel is offering new figures of the Street Sharks for their 30th anniversary. No idea if this will interest folks here, but I thought I would announce it here anyways, since I absolutely loved these growing up, and had like most of the characters (shared with my younger brother). My favorite was the orca one when I was a kid (wish they were bringing that one back), but I do also remember playing with the drill face dude a lot too.

Funny enough I only just learned of this because I thought to look up the show, because I couldn't figure out what the brown or orange one was meant to be, due watching it just the other day. Basically my father, and I were looking for shows to watch on Tubi (edit: might have actually been on Pluto Kids. We have a bunch of those free streaming apps on my dad's Xbox, and I always get them mixed up), and we came across it. I haven't watched it since I was a kid, so it was a blast of nostalgia for me, since they formed some of my earliest toy memories (along with the show too of course). But yeah note to self, the brown/orange one is a whale shark. I guess if it was blue and lacked the sharp teeth, it would have been more obvious to me.

Anyways, some information on them. Packaging seems to be a throwback to the first series/wave, as well as the action features, and they feature more articulation in line with modern action figures. Already pre-ordered the first wave on BBTS.

https://toynewsi.com/241-51982

https://www.toyark.com/2024/03/15/street-sharks-30th-anniversary-line-wave-1-528451#&gid=1&pid=6

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Wow, I remember these now!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I had almost all of them at one point and the Extreme Dinosaurs. I just have too much to collect now to get them again.

Prehistory Resurrection

11:09 to 12:14 minutes in the video, Chaos Theory All Out Attack T-Rex in hand.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: