News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Blade-of-the-Moon

If I could mod it to keep the teeth in place it might be cool to get. I like the motion anyway.

crazy8wizard

The motion is considerably slower than expected. Is it motorized?
Also, not by any means a new comment but the teeth extension feature looks dreadful and even worse when pulled on. Yeeck.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: crazy8wizard on April 17, 2024, 01:25:24 AMThe motion is considerably slower than expected. Is it motorized?
Also, not by any means a new comment but the teeth extension feature looks dreadful and even worse when pulled on. Yeeck.

I assumed it was a motorized action.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 17, 2024, 04:03:24 AM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on April 17, 2024, 01:25:24 AMThe motion is considerably slower than expected. Is it motorized?

I kind of assumed it was going to use some gears and wire action like the Giganotosaurus had.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: crazy8wizard on April 17, 2024, 04:30:36 AM

I kind of assumed it was going to use some gears and wire action like the Giganotosaurus had.

I don't think you'd get that fluid of a motion from that though..unless it was a skilled hand operating it.  Watching the video again, the button seems to activate the animated movement and roar.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 17, 2024, 06:56:37 AM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on April 17, 2024, 04:30:36 AM

I don't think you'd get that fluid of a motion from that though..unless it was a skilled hand operating it.  Watching the video again, the button seems to activate the animated movement and roar.

No, I mean I was expecting it to use gear motion before I saw it in action.

SpartanSquat

Next week is beyond the gates hammond collection reveals.
My predictions based in leak stuff.
1. Giganotosaurus and Pyroraptor
2. Therizinosaurus and Claire (Mostly due the scene)
3. Therizinosaurus and Pyroraptor (Both feathered lads)

I dont count delta due I dont think its neccesary or beign big like blue or others dinos in the franchise. But this year beyond the gate format its not my cup of tea. I see this year as a transition ones .Next year due movie will be more loaded of stuff.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SpartanSquat on April 19, 2024, 05:10:58 PMNext week is beyond the gates hammond collection reveals.
My predictions based in leak stuff.
1. Giganotosaurus and Pyroraptor
2. Therizinosaurus and Claire (Mostly due the scene)
3. Therizinosaurus and Pyroraptor (Both feathered lads)

I dont count delta due I dont think its neccesary or beign big like blue or others dinos in the franchise. But this year beyond the gate format its not my cup of tea. I see this year as a transition ones.Next year due movie will be more loaded of stuff.

I'm betting Theri and Pyro.  Claire we haven't seen a prototype of yet and its supposed to yet another FK version. That would be in line with Mattel/Target, one new desired release one just "eh".   Giga will probably be later on, I'm thinking December release?

Faelrin

Seeing them side by side, the original is definitely the far more realistic of the two, as it retains the sausage body. The new design looks like it's body was compacted and then beefed up. Coloration is still nice, albeit pretty simplistic. Surprised to see him have his hands on this one so soon though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

crazy8wizard

Aside from the lack of the long body, I think I prefer this one a little bit more. The head sculpt is really nice and it no longer looks like a dinosaur/plant hybrid.

Gwangi

This is evidence that being more accurate doesn't make something better. Aside from the weird torso this toy looks better than the previous. Still not going to get it though.

Flaffy

The torso looks oddly compressed and hunch-backed?

crazy8wizard

Kinda looks like someone took an image of majungasaurus and compressed it laterally in photoshop

CityRaptor

Might or may not be accurate to how it appears in the show. Given that it is named Majungasaurus 'Major' it is gonna be an animal in the show.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

I think it will be an important character in the show along with pachyrhinosaurus and the becklespinax

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would be nice to do a custom kitbash of both.

Flaffy

Quote from: SpartanSquat on April 21, 2024, 04:22:36 AMI think it will be an important character in the show along with pachyrhinosaurus and the becklespinax

Dunno why I'm so excited to see the Becklespinax design fully revealed. It's basically a fantasy design of bone fragments, but I'm very curious to see how Universal chooses to reconstruct this enigmatic theropod.

Prehistory Resurrection

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: