News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

hm....that Gigantic Trackers Mapusaurus isn't very gigantic.  Puny is more like it.  Perhaps we'll be treated to a nice big HC version some day.

Prehistory Resurrection

Chaos Theory Mini Set revealed:

Prehistory Resurrection

Prehistory Resurrection

Giganotosaurus

The Hammond Collection Therizinosaurus is bigger than the mainline figure! That's great news, I was going to skip it since some were telling me it would be smaller. Now I'm definitely getting the figure!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

CyberSaurus95

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on June 02, 2024, 09:51:41 PMThe Hammond Collection Therizinosaurus is bigger than the mainline figure! That's great news, I was going to skip it since some were telling me it would be smaller. Now I'm definitely getting the figure!

That's pretty interesting as originally it was smaller in all the photos we saw leaked. I'm one who kept saying it was smaller. So that's very odd it's so much larger now. Maybe we saw a leaked prototype? Originally it was considered a mid size figure by everyone.

Giganotosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 03, 2024, 03:27:12 AM
Quote from: Giganotosaurus on June 02, 2024, 09:51:41 PMThe Hammond Collection Therizinosaurus is bigger than the mainline figure! That's great news, I was going to skip it since some were telling me it would be smaller. Now I'm definitely getting the figure!

That's pretty interesting as originally it was smaller in all the photos we saw leaked. I'm one who kept saying it was smaller. So that's very odd it's so much larger now. Maybe we saw a leaked prototype? Originally it was considered a mid size figure by everyone.

Maybe they read my online complaints! 😜

It would be really cool if they are listening to feedback more now.....
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Faelrin

So I noticed on Target's page another HC figure is being revealed in September. Wouldn't make sense for it to be the Pyroraptor since it was just teased with Claire and Delta with a similar estimated ship date (based on Amazon Japan).

That's curious. I'm going to guess it could be either a Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus (last of the main Dominion big creatures other then Dreadnoughtus), or maybe even the highly demanded Spinosaurus. It would make sense to save Indominus rex for next year with it being JW's 10th anniversary.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

EmperorDinobot

I have to start caring about this again.
Those look great.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on June 03, 2024, 05:52:29 AMSo I noticed on Target's page another HC figure is being revealed in September. Wouldn't make sense for it to be the Pyroraptor since it was just teased with Claire and Delta with a similar estimated ship date (based on Amazon Japan).

That's curious. I'm going to guess it could be either a Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus (last of the main Dominion big creatures other then Dreadnoughtus), or maybe even the highly demanded Spinosaurus. It would make sense to save Indominus rex for next year with it being JW's 10th anniversary.

We do have those JW reimagined sets too incoming this year.

I'd love to see a Quetz but not sure how they would do it exactly.  Allosaurus sounds possible with the amount of product it's getting for CT this year.

TheCambrianCrusader

Man I told my self I was only gonna stick with original trilogy dinosaurs but man that Theriziniosaurus looks gorgeous.

Faelrin

I just remembered there was that leaked Sinoceratops a while back. No idea if it was legit though. Could have just as easily been a 3D printed custom someone did. If it was legit, it could be the final HC for the year then.

Anyways here's where we stand with the Hammond Collection now (and a few AC that work mostly well alongside mainline scale).

Released or revealed by release year:

Spoiler
2020 AC:
-Dilophosaurus (JP)

2021 AC:
-Dimorphodon (JW)
-Pteranodon (JPIII)

2022:
-Baryonyx (FK)
-Ceratosaurus (JPIII)
-Dilophosaurus (JP)
-Gallimimus (JP, but actually JW viral website design)
-Parasaurolophus (TLW, but actually JW film design)
-Triceratops (JP)
-Tyrannosaurus (JP)
-Velociraptor (JP)

2023:
-Ankylosaurus (JPIII)
-Brachiosaurus (JP)
-Concavenator (FK)
-Corythosaurus (JPIII)
-Geosternbergia (TLW)
-Irritator
-Metriacanthosaurus
-Pachycehalosaurus (TLW)
-Stegosaurus (TLW baby)
-Tyrannosaurus (TLW baby)
-Velociraptor (JPIII female & male)

2024:
-Carnotaurus (FK)
-Dimetrodon (Dom)
-Giganotosaurus (Dom)
-Pyroraptor (Dom)
-Therizinosaurus (Dom)
-Velociraptor (JW Blue & Delta)
[close]
Edit: released or revealed by film:

Spoiler
JP:
-Brachiosaurus (2023)
-Dilophosaurus (2020 AC & 2022 HC)
-Gallimimus (2022; actually JW viral website design)
-Triceratops (2022)
-Tyrannosaurus (2022)
-Velociraptor (2022)

TLW:
-Geosternbergia (2023)
-Pachycehalosaurus (2023)
-Parasaurolophus (2022; actually JW film design)
-Stegosaurus (baby; 2023)
-Tyrannosaurus (baby; 2023)

JPIII:
-Ankylosaurus (2023)
-Ceratosaurus (2022)
-Corythosaurus (2023)
-Pteranodon (2021 AC)
-Velociraptor (female & male; 2023)

JW:
-Dimorphodon (2021 AC)
-Velociraptor (Blue & Delta; 2024)

FK:
-Baryonyx (2022)
-Carnotaurus (2024)
-Concavenator (2023)

Dom:
-Dimetrodon (2024)
-Giganotosaurus (2024)
-Pyroraptor (2024)
-Therizinosaurus (2024)

Non film:
-Irritator (2023)
-Metriacanthosaurus (2023)
[close]
Major species and variations left that they could do, sorted by film. Blue is for those with good and recent enough mainline figures. Red is for those with no mainline figure, or those in need of resculpt. Bold for those I think they will do next year or later this year.

Spoiler
TLW:
-Compsognathus
-Mamenchisaurus
-Stegosaurus (adult)
-Tyrannosaurus (male-canceled?)
-Velociraptor (male)

JPIII:
-Brachiosaurus
-Tyrannosaurus (male)
-Spinosaurus

JW:
-Apatosaurus
-Indominus rex
-Mosasaurus
-Velociraptor (Charlie & Echo)

FK:
-Allosaurus (juvenile)
-Indoraptor
-Sinoceratops
-Stygimoloch

BaBR:
-Allosaurus (adult)
-Nasutoceratops (female, male, baby)

Dom:
-Atrociraptor (Ghost, Panthera, Red, Tiger)
-Carnotaurus (demon)
-Dreadnoughtus
-Iguanodon (needs resculpt)
-Lystrosaurus
-Microceratus (blue, green, red)
-Moros (needs resculpt)
-Parasaurolophus (3 designs, but blue striped is preferred, needs resculpt)
-Oviraptor
-Quetzalocoatlus

CC/CT (edit: I think most of these mainline figures are fine despite electronics and/or lack of articulation, but if they want to do HC figures of these I'd gladly take them):

-Ankylosaurus (Bumpy - adult & baby)
-Baryonyx (Chaos, Grim, Limbo)
-Brachiosaurus (Firecracker - baby)
-Becklespinax
-Carnotaurus (Toro)
-Kentrosaurus (Pierce)
-Majungasaurus (Major)
-Monolophosaurus (green, black, orange)
-Nothosaurus
-Ouranosaurus (edit: the 2021 toy seems to be based on concept art versus final show design, and could use resculpted forelimbs)
-Pachyrhinosaurus
-Scorpios rex
-Smilodon
-Spinoceratops (Angel & Rebel)
-Suchomimus
-Tarbosaurus
[close]
Edit: Same as above but sorted by size class instead:

Spoiler
Tiny:
-Compsognathus (TLW)
-Lystrosaurus (Dom)
-Microceratus (Dom blue, green, red)
-Moros (Dom; needs resculpt)
-Oviraptor (Dom)

Small:
-Ankylosaurus (CC Bumpy - baby)
-Atrociraptor (Ghost, Panthera, Red, Tiger)
-Brachiosaurus (Firecracker - baby)
-Monolophosaurus (CC green, black, orange)
-Nasutoceratops (BaBR or Dom baby)
-Nothosaurus (CC)
-Smilodon (CC)
-Spinoceratops (CC Angel & Rebel)
-Stygimoloch (FK)
-Velociraptor (TLW male, JW Charlie & Echo)

Medium:
-Allosaurus (FK juvenile)
-Ankylosaurus (CC Bumpy - adult)
-Baryonyx (CC Chaos, Grim, Limbo)
-Iguanodon (Dom; needs resculpt)
-Kentrosaurus (CC Pierce)
-Majungasaurus (CT Major)
-Nasutoceratops (BaBR/Dom female, male)
-Ouranosaurus (CC)
-Pachyrhinosaurus (CT)
-Parasaurolophus (Dom 3 designs, but blue striped is preferred; needs resculpt)
-Sinoceratops (FK; medium or large?)

Large:
-Allosaurus (BaBR/Dom adult; large or XL?)
-Becklespinax (CT)
-Carnotaurus (FK/Dom demon, CC Toro)
-Indoraptor (FK)
-Quetzalocoatlus (Dom)
-Scorpios rex (CC)
-Stegosaurus (TLW adult)
-Suchomimus (CT)

XL:
-Indominus rex (JW)
-Mosasaurus (JW)
-Spinosaurus (JPIII)
-Tarbosaurus (CC)
-Tyrannosaurus (TLW male - canceled?, JPIII male)

XXL:
-Apatosaurus (JW)
-Brachiosaurus (JPIII)
-Dreadnoughtus (Dom)
-Mamenchisaurus (TLW)
[close]
Did I miss anything? What would folks prefer from the above?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dilopho

My most wanted are Sinoceratops and Stegosaurus.
The Parasaurolophus was also not available over here. They gotta start rereleasing their figures if it's a collector's line.

TheCambrianCrusader

I really hope that Buck figure manages to make it to market. So many people voiced how much they want it.
If Mattel is worried its not gonna sell that's ridiculous, its a rex. Rex figures practically print money.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I liked the Buck and I really wanted the Gate too. I supported the project but it just wasn't enough.

Dilopho

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 03, 2024, 03:22:37 PMI'd love to see a Quetz but not sure how they would do it exactly.  Allosaurus sounds possible with the amount of product it's getting for CT this year.
I would love an Allosaurus.
Quetz would be okay to do, Schliech has already shown it:

Shane

I feel like the buck SHOULD be a no-brainer. But Mattel for some reason seems hesitant to move forward with it, even though they always want a rex on the shelves so that's pretty much a guaranteed way to get fans to buy another one at HC prices with minimal new tooling.

But the prototype they showed during the gate crowdfun was definitely 3D printed, which means at the time a mold had not been made, and I believe Mattel stated that it would not be released outside of the gate project. Which, if true, would be them leaving money on the table.

suspsy

Well, Mattel was injudicious enough to seriously believe that the gate crowdfund was going to succeed (I think even the most hardcore JP fans should have been able to see that it was doomed from the get-go), so it makes sense that they're also too injudicious to realize that a standalone HC Bull would probably sell very well.

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Dilopho

They should at the very least reissue the original rex with the updated feet

Is there even a reason why Mattel don't reissue figures? They'll sometimes do it to some completely random ones, like how the Lystrosaurus is coming back this year, and that Velociraptor with the twisting torso got reissued with only a very slight difference (no paint on the neck).

At least it's not like HIYA toys. They spend literal years to release an upcoming figure, and then it's only available for a month tops. And then never reissued again.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: