News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, July 21, 2023, 08:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I've been talking myself out of a lot of non-HC Mattel figures lately, especially when it comes to these strike attack and danger pack figures, and it's increasingly looking like I won't be seeing many of them again in stores after telling myself no.

That said, didn't want that to be the case with this infant apatosaurus. It's just too cute, plus it shows up in Jurassic World, so I can justify it as an on-screen figure!

Did leave behind the Gallimimus and Red Raptor from this wave. No sign of the Guanlong and Lystrosaurus pack I'm afraid.

Blade-of-the-Moon

At least you found something lol I see this one from a scalper on walmart.com for 28.00 and that's it, nothing around here in stores yet.  I feel like they dropped the ball on the release dates matching up..again.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 31, 2024, 05:03:34 PMAt least you found something lol I see this one from a scalper on walmart.com for 28.00 and that's it, nothing around here in stores yet.  I feel like they dropped the ball on the release dates matching up..again.

Why would these stores want to carry merchandise for the show during it's release and initial popularity?  ::)

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Feel you there. Walmart only had old stock, but on the plus side, they did in fact have the Kaprosuchus and Guaibasaurus (and rest of the case) in stock, so I picked myself up those two last night. Way better then the scalper prices on Amazon, etc for them. Have yet to check Target though which I heard are getting end cap displays for the new show. It looks like my Walmart might have been preparing for a toy reset with how barebones the stock was. Even the old Exteme Damage and Epic Attack shelf warmers were moved to the clearance section (I think that's what it was, but it was a side shelf out of the main aisles with a bunch of other random stuff).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 31, 2024, 05:03:34 PMAt least you found something lol I see this one from a scalper on walmart.com for 28.00 and that's it, nothing around here in stores yet.  I feel like they dropped the ball on the release dates matching up..again.

Exactly! There are a handful of figures that I've been surprised to see in person and yet I still end up leaving behind. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, perhaps I'm cooling on the Mattel figures as a whole, maybe my priorities have shifted, and maybe I just feel bad knowing I have totes of Jurassic figures I wouldn't mind parting with so adding more just feels silly at this point.
I'm sure it's a combination of all three holding me back from buying more

stargatedalek

I am still (somewhat desperately) searching for the Eoraptor and Guanlong sets at a decent price. There are no signs of them in Canada and online prices are insane (especially since I'd be army building them).

Faelrin

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek I saw the Eoraptor vs Stegouros set yesterday at Walmart. Can try to stop by there again tomorrow while out and pick it up if it is still available if you'd like.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 31, 2024, 05:06:02 PM

Why would these stores want to carry merchandise for the show during it's release and initial popularity?  ::)

I recall the Dominion displays at Walmart were barely up a week after film release, Then they tore them down and shelved all the toys. I don't know what they are thinking..

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on May 31, 2024, 06:09:32 PMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Feel you there. Walmart only had old stock, but on the plus side, they did in fact have the Kaprosuchus and Guaibasaurus (and rest of the case) in stock, so I picked myself up those two last night. Way better then the scalper prices on Amazon, etc for them. Have yet to check Target though which I heard are getting end cap displays for the new show. It looks like my Walmart might have been preparing for a toy reset with how barebones the stock was. Even the old Exteme Damage and Epic Attack shelf warmers were moved to the clearance section (I think that's what it was, but it was a side shelf out of the main aisles with a bunch of other random stuff).

I had those in my hands but ended up leaving them, the last one I bought was the Cratersaurus and the new Allo ( on sale/ did some custom tweaking).  The Roarivores are just way slow to move along with a few other things.  I didn't see a display at Target Thursday, but maybe by next week? My walmart moved a ton of old stock to the Chaos Theory display/endcap. The put the Carno on clearance a month or so ago and even the Explorer set which never was even on the shelf at all.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on May 31, 2024, 07:22:55 PM

Exactly! There are a handful of figures that I've been surprised to see in person and yet I still end up leaving behind. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, perhaps I'm cooling on the Mattel figures as a whole, maybe my priorities have shifted, and maybe I just feel bad knowing I have totes of Jurassic figures I wouldn't mind parting with so adding more just feels silly at this point.
I'm sure it's a combination of all three holding me back from buying more

Mattel is becoming an embarrassment of riches. I have so much if I can't display them I sell them. I've started leaving a lot in box so it's easier to do so.  I probably need to just focus on the canon species as well. My shelves are overloaded anyway. I get something new and I have to move/sell something else to put it in.

andrewsaurus rex

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 31, 2024, 11:21:59 PMI am still (somewhat desperately) searching for the Eoraptor and Guanlong sets at a decent price. There are no signs of them in Canada and online prices are insane (especially since I'd be army building them).

Here's the Eoraptor set on Amazon.com, ships to Canada.  If you buy multiples the shipping gets cheaper each item:

https://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-World-Evolution-Eoraptor-Stegouros/dp/B0CNYD84Q1/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3A115VCOV3R6F&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.ydRAXiJYDiIMSX6396qb6EERC2mzKl7q5UJQv3jWacKyFnnkijtgodsubaYutKepALF4B8Qvbp3JGaCufjSSaZdBiI-mHlUbJXSJ4D5nbkg68o4WMyotu_YOkvPiGmPFZTG3k-lo1nFhGj_54AyXAbAP1nCBgjw79R4Ii3pnu22Lx_BO94M4IQn7AGI9HZDoBNzwahI7DxD6vhal5Pz-98OyyQteq39Ham4rYpou3lj_Ek4uPg-cxW-feSYDOxv76wVbVAZ4d-8LndQa6OygWG83iN0BLN7VHTRUOXw-YWk.DFp1dQbt3Rajs9Zz52bFDlcsiiYlTmq4MGrpMFJUWwo&dib_tag=se&keywords=eoraptor&qid=1717239591&sprefix=eoraptor%2Caps%2C935&sr=8-1

Can't locate the Guanlong set for you yet, though.  Keep checking both Amazon CA and .com as they can appear suddenly and sell out just as fast.

Cretaceous Crab

IMHO, it appears that the baby Apatosaurus could also double as a baby Dreadnoughtus.

Flaffy

Suchomimus set. The Sucho looks phenomenal.

MLMjp

A set? The chances of it being avaiblable in my country just dropped by 75%. That Suchomimus should be released individually.

Andy already has the Hammond Collection Giganotosaurus, and it looks amazing. But I hope this does not mean that it will realease earlier...my amazon preorder states in will be released on January next year and I would prefer it to stay that way, my wallet can only take so much this year...

Dilopho

Nice paint on the Sucho, apart from the tail.
The Giganotosaurus, though? Omg...phenomenal work from Mattel.
I still don't like the rubber, but it's by far the best looking dinosaur figure they've ever made. o.O

Faelrin

So glad to see we are getting a new Suchomimus after all (edit: miles ahead of the original 2018 sculpt, although I still enjoy its sea dragon kind of look). A shame it is another set with Ben though. Would have preferred Sammy or maybe even Brooklyn based on how she looked in the trailer, despite the plot.

Anyways just hope this Suchomimus can get a mini on the future and the new Pachyrhinosaurus. Very few canon species left to have minis of now (Dreadnougntus, Mamenchisaurus, Oviraptor, Microceratus, and I think that's it).

The HC Giganotosaurus is fantastic. Easily one of their best yet. Hope to pick it up and the Therizinosaurus in the coming months.

andrewsaurus rex

The Giga does look good.....probably Mattel's best dino to date.  I like how the back 'sail' doesn't really look like a sail  ie it's not a solid lump. 

As far as i know the Giga will be out soon. If TRU Canada is advertising it that means Sept at the latest.

Prehistory Resurrection

stargatedalek

I appreciate the offers, but with shipping from the US it would be more than I could really afford. And Amazon,com does not seem to let me use Canadian giftcards to order form it. Thank you regardless.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lover that Suchomimus. Yeah I wish it came with Sammy instead, she's the only one of the CT main cast to not have a figure shown yet.

I have a feeling..that Sucho will get a HC figure too. It's about the right size for mid-range figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: