News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, November 03, 2023, 11:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Dearc 1:3 in gannet pajamas

Diprotodon

Dreadnoughtus 1:00 (I would bet money it's actually a larger scale)

Nanuqsaurus

Placerias

Polacanthus 1:20 (but based on dimensions probably larger)

Velociraptor 1:6

mini box, all shrunken versions of larger figures
cycad
Rhoetosaurus
Jobaria
Mamenchisaurus
Brontosaurus
Brachiosaurus (Giraffatitan)
Argentinosaurus
Paralititan
Nigersaurus
Ampelosaurus
Agustinia
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Moderators or avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, can we get a new for 2024 sub-board? Thanks!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I quite like it. Fits with CollectA's penchant for making recent genera. But I am again disappointed to not be getting a damn Anurognathus.  :-\
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Prehistory Resurrection

CollectA is excellent at Deluxe Pterosaurs and very glad to see more joining the flock. Dearc was discovered in Scotland and it's nice to see CollectA tackling yet more British species; Brighstoneus, Ceratosuchops and now this one, being UK-based.  It even got teeth of British people, lol ;D. It's also a recently discovered speices, which fits CollectA. The coloration on the head reminds me of modern-day Northen gannet. Really like the coloration of the body also.
There's a Dearc from a Palaeoplushies too;

Carnoking

Not feeling this one but that's okay seeing as these big deluxe figures are tricky to display.

Sim

A good rhamphorhynchid figure, finally!  I like it, but I think whether I get it will depend on its size.  I'm not keen on having giant pterosaurs.  I'm happy the rumor list appears to be true!

Prehistory Resurrection

The figure measures thirty-nine centimetres in length and it stands 15.5 cm tall, according to Everything Dinosaur's post.

Sim

Yes, thanks, I just finished reading Everything Dinosaur's blog post.  I'm not sure about getting this figure, it's bigger than I would like.  But it is a rhamphorhynchid, one of my favourite types of animal and I don't have a figure from this group.

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim This is just a recommendation, but if you have space issues, I would recommend getting rid of figures of species you're not really interested in, so you would have more space for cases like this: figures of animals you like.

Sim

Thanks avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator!  I was running out of space again after starting to collect extant animal figures but I resolved that by moving figures around.  I have done what you suggested too, letting go of my PNSO Machairoceratops which I was just finding bland.  I plan to do another review of my collection soon with the aim of parting with figures I no longer enjoy.

PrimevalRaptor

Love CollectA doing local species and really like the color on this one too. Being a pretty recent discovery and another Rhamphorhynchid is very welcome too.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

The leak might not be all true. There have been such leaks in the past where not all the listed items proved to be legitimate.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

bmathison1972

Nice Dearc but too big for me.

At least among the extant reveals, I get the common cuttlefish

DragonRider02

I wish it didn't have the black stripe above the teeth, it looks a bit too much like it was added with a black marker.

Also, did they paint on claws on tip of the pteroid bones? What a weird mistake to make.

Faelrin

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 Agreed. The paint looks really poorly applied all over. A shame because this is the first figure of this genus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Lynx

I think the paint looks fine, I'm sure it'll be better in person.
An oversized house cat.

ceratopsian

It is huge. I'll see how I feel when it comes out!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll get three or four of them for the Park.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Previously I would have dismissed this as I used to only collect 1:35 scale, but after picking up the collecta dimorphodon on vacation I've become somewhat enamored with these larger pterosaurs, so I may just try and get my hands on this one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: