News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, November 03, 2023, 11:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received my pterosaurs from Minizoo yesterday, already added to the park.

Gwangi

How do they hold up outdoors avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon? Do you bring them in during the off season? Obviously not these particular models, you just got them, but I image that you've done this with past CollectA pterosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 29, 2024, 05:15:08 PMHow do they hold up outdoors avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon? Do you bring them in during the off season? Obviously not these particular models, you just got them, but I image that you've done this with past CollectA pterosaurs.

I think 90% of them are fine? I hit them with a clear matte spray paint once a year and they are outside 365. Only the one Guidraco on our front gate in the direct sun year round seems to have faded and his wings wilted a bit.  I have 2-3 of each one they have made so far aside from the ones in my personal indoor collection. Some in the park I have modified to get slightly different poses out of them..usually the head/neck.

Prehistory Resurrection

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , They look nice on those branches! Hopefully they don't attack the visitors like Jurassic World's Pteranodons and Dimorphodons or gotta keep them in an aviary!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on May 30, 2024, 06:50:22 AMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , They look nice on those branches! Hopefully they don't attack the visitors like Jurassic World's Pteranodons and Dimorphodons or gotta keep them in an aviary!

It's more an issue that guests bother them lol

Halichoeres

Maybe a bit off topic, but avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon what kind of tree is that?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 02, 2024, 03:10:08 PMMaybe a bit off topic, but avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon what kind of tree is that?

As far as I know it's a type of cedar local to our region. We have a few here, they tend to get smothered though by faster growing poplars. This one is a bit of an oddball in how it's grown, bending to try and get the light where it can.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 02, 2024, 05:26:10 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 02, 2024, 03:10:08 PMMaybe a bit off topic, but avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon what kind of tree is that?

As far as I know it's a type of cedar local to our region. We have a few here, they tend to get smothered though by faster growing poplars. This one is a bit of an oddball in how it's grown, bending to try and get the light where it can.

Ah, that makes sense, thank you!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.