News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, November 03, 2023, 11:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on April 15, 2024, 08:49:11 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 15, 2024, 07:19:49 PMThe Polacanthus would've greatly benefited from a more vibrant colour scheme. A bit too big for my collection too. (pretty much the same criticisms I had with the CollectA Stegouros). Not convinced by the sharp upper beak as well. Polacanthines we have skull material of show that they had either flat or W-shaped beaks.
I too feel the colouration of the Polacanthus would've been better if it wasn't so muddy-looking.  And I also find it too big, I'm disappointed CollectA didn't make its size more compatible with the other nice British dinosaurs they've made.

Indeed. When I heard that CollectA was doing a Polacanthus, I imagined it to be in the size range of their Gastonia or Borealopelta.

Concavenator

Size is definitely a factor that prevents me from getting more CollectA figures - they're just too huge.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I actually want more 1:1 figures or at least 1:2.  The larger figures seem to be some of their best to be honest. I haven't bought a smaller scale figure from them in years.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need a 1:1 scale anurognathid or leptostomia from their deluxe line.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 16, 2024, 06:10:19 AMI've said it before and I'll say it again, we need a 1:1 scale anurognathid or leptostomia from their deluxe line.

Agreed.

Halichoeres

When it leaked that CollectA was making a Polacanthus, I was quite sure I would buy it sight unseen. But the more I see it, the more unsure I am. I might prefer the Toyway one after all. The color scheme on CollectA's does seem a bit inspired by WWD. Two WWD species in one year!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I like how CollectA did the sickle claws and tail feathers on this Velociraptor.  It's disappointing though that they didn't correct the depth of the pelvis like Everything Dinosaur said they were going to.  I'm also not a fan of how CollectA gave it an articulated jaw but doesn't allow the teeth to not be visible when the mouth is closed.

Primeval12

It's not great but it looks better than the promo pics. I'd buy it at a discount! :)

Flaffy

Safari's is far superior. Though I'm hoping PNSO will make a couple of raptors to dethrone them all. ;)

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

crazy8wizard

I've seen better and I've seen worse, but if I had to describe this figure I'd say:
It's one of the velociraptor figures of all time.

Halichoeres

Quote from: crazy8wizard on May 11, 2024, 06:47:45 PMI've seen better and I've seen worse, but if I had to describe this figure I'd say:
It's one of the velociraptor figures of all time.

It sure does exist!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Prehistory Resurrection

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Faelrin

I hadn't noticed they gave it hair in the promo pics. A bit of an odd inclusion, but regardless it is nice to have a figure of this animal on the market after years of waiting and wanting one (aside from that green one floating around out there).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

crazy8wizard

The little green one is cute and makes for a nice uncommon piece for walking with dinosaurs collectors but this one blows the other one out of the water. Great to have not only a legitimate looking Placerias but also a very nice looking figure at that.

Halichoeres

Probably my most anticipated from CollectA this year.

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 15, 2024, 03:34:24 AMProbably my most anticipated from CollectA this year.

Pretty sure it's the only CollectA toy I'm getting this year.  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Still waiting on Dearc myself.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: