News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

MENG Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, December 26, 2023, 05:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

MENG has shown to be able to produce very high-quality and accurate figures, even despite the tiny 1:72 scale, smilar to Kaiyodo. It's been rumoured they might venture into 1:35 scale figures as well (presumably as 1:72 doesn't seem to be as popular as 1:35).

So here's my wishlist. For the moment, I'm only taking into account Chinese taxa since that seems to be what they're focused at:

Non-dinosaurs:

Atopodentatus

Sauropodomorphs:

Shunosaurus

Theropods:

Microraptor
Sinosauropteryx
Yutyrannus (this one seems likely as a Yutyrannus skull is featured in the logo of the series)
Zhenyuanlong

Even though I'm listing my wishes as specific taxa, they seem to work by geological formations. In that case, the Yixian Formation is by far the one I'm most keen in them tackling.

Sim

Can Meng figures be removed from their bases?  I don't want figures that are permanently attached to a base.  The Yixian Formation is also the ecosystem I'm most interested in.  I wonder though if species like Sinosauropteryx and Microraptor would be too small to be made in 1:35 scale?

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim The base appears to be seperate from the figure judging from the pics for the Sinoceratops on ebay, etc. Not sure about the Zhuchengtyrannus, but maybe it is the same for it?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

I have the Sinoceratops avatar_Sim @Sim.  The base is separate - but one foot of the animal has a peg to thrust into the matching slot in the base.  I can't guarantee it would stand if you shaved off the peg, but I don't see why it wouldn't.  I don't have the bipedal Zhuchengtyrannus - but that might well be more reliant on being slotted into the base for balance than the quadruped.

Quote from: Sim on December 27, 2023, 05:25:09 PMCan Meng figures be removed from their bases?  I don't want figures that are permanently attached to a base.  The Yixian Formation is also the ecosystem I'm most interested in.  I wonder though if species like Sinosauropteryx and Microraptor would be too small to be made in 1:35 scale?

Sim

Thanks for that avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian!  I have no problem with removing pegs from under feet and I'm not concerned about stability.  With that out of the way, I would most like Meng to make Microraptor, Zhenyuanlong and Sinornithosaurus.

Sim

Meng has finished releasing the figures they showed now, haven't they?  Is there any news on what they might release next?

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim Yes, they've now released every figure they planned to. Paleofiguras said Meng claimed to have plans to release more figures, but they haven't announced anything new yet. They'd probably have to change the scale they work at, 1:72 isn't exactly a very popular scale with dinosaur figures...

Halichoeres

I would be surprised to see more soon. I would have guessed they would want to see how the first batch did before spending money on developing additional releases.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.