You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Chinese & Japanese novelties - New for 2024 (various companies)

Started by Halichoeres, December 30, 2023, 03:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Animal Heavenly Body

marine animals, apparently Dunkleosteus, Livyatan, and megalodon

Lufengosaurus
Shantungosaurus
Sinosauropteryx

Bandai

Flaffy started a separate thread for the "Diversity of Life on Earth" miniatures: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=11354.0

Plannosaurus (snap-together model kit) Giganotosaurus, due in April

Plannosaurus Pteranodon, due in January

keychain dinos

Megahouse anatomy model kit Tyrannosaurus

"Strongest Dinosaur Friends"
Brachiosaurus
Pteranodon
Spinosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus (in two colors)

Hotline

Sacabambaspis keychains

Kabaya

Hone Hone Zaurus #44

Nanoblocks

extra-large Mosasaurus kit

Qualia

A series of animals fashioned after stationery includes this Ankylosaurus designed to resemble a soroban (Japanese abacus)

Yell

dinosaur/shark mash-ups
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

New year, new Kabaya Hone Hone Zaurus kits:

Deinocheirus
Amargasaurus
Pteranodon
dragoon

Megaraptor
Mosasaurus
Spinosaurus
"kong"

They can combine in various ways to make other creatures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Halichoeres

Qualia is making a series of animals fashioned after stationery, including this Ankylosaurus designed to resemble a soroban (Japanese abacus):

Halichoeres

Halichoeres

Megahouse (Bandai) Kitai anatomy model of Tyrannosaurus, with a mane:

They're also making one of a salmon, which is a little more tempting.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 24, 2024, 05:00:47 AMMegahouse (Bandai) Kitai anatomy model of Tyrannosaurus, with a mane:

They're also making one of a salmon, which is a little more tempting.

Why did they make an anatomy model of Kenny Powers?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

I had to look that up, but yeah it does have something strongly resembling a mullet.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Flaffy

Concavenator

Quote from: Concavenator on January 29, 2024, 03:39:06 PMYikes, Kaiyodo's "Tyrannosaurus fee" is annoying.

And the following day, they announce yet another Tyrannosaurus. Poetic.

Halichoeres

Well at least they acknowledged how boring it is by sculpting it yawning.

Reuben03

im desperate for more extinct marine life and obscure fish. my favourite thing is when they steal moulds and make them into stretchy little toys. I wish we could get some new weird freaky palaeozoic fish releases with good distribution. before all the best weird fish would come from japan, mostly in plushie form.

i think clearly i'm not the only one that would rather some weird extinct fishy freak over another boring tyrannosaur.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

brettnj

The Kaiyodo t-rex is a September release, 55000 yen, W31 cm x H32.5 cm x D47 cm.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 07:46:20 PMi think clearly i'm not the only one that would rather some weird extinct fishy freak over another boring tyrannosaur.

I would certainly rather see an extinct fishy freak, but it seems like there is an insatiable appetite for boring tyrannosaurs. It's like there's always a demand for chicken nuggets despite the availability of much better foods.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 02, 2024, 06:09:04 PM
Quote from: Reuben03 on February 01, 2024, 07:46:20 PMi think clearly i'm not the only one that would rather some weird extinct fishy freak over another boring tyrannosaur.

I would certainly rather see an extinct fishy freak, but it seems like there is an insatiable appetite for boring tyrannosaurs. It's like there's always a demand for chicken nuggets despite the availability of much better foods.

Like dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 02, 2024, 06:53:49 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 02, 2024, 06:09:04 PM

Like dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets.

Well, obviously dinosaur-shaped ones taste better!

Halichoeres

Halichoeres

Not as nice as the Ikimon versions, but here's another set of Sacabambaspis keychains from Hotline:

I wonder if whoever made the Finnish museum model that sparked this fad is getting royalty checks from all this merch.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: