News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Paleofiguras shared more pics.

Those that have the Alamosaurus base can approximate the size  thanks to the base pics.

Carnoking

These really do look more like the resin collector's pieces. If they do indeed maintain this level of paint in the final product, this will be a whole new ball game for HG.

Only question now is, will their typically lower prices be maintained?

thomasw100

This Mamenchisaurus will be a first day purchase for me, really so beautiful and majestic. And the size is just unbelievable. This must be nearly twice as long as the Apatosaurus and definitely longer than the Alamosaurus.

If we compare the first set of pictures that are also on the Haolonggood Instagram account with the second set of pictures that Paleofiguras posted, there are clear differences in the paint scheme. The figure shown in the first set of pictures clearly shows a striping pattern that is distinct, whereas the figure shown in the second set of pictures shows more of a spotty pattern without stripes. So it could be that the first set of pictures indeed shows a prototype (resin?) model and the second set of pictures would show the release version. It could equally be the case that in addition to the PVC model they will release a resin model, either at the same time or later. They have done this several times.

In any case, Haolonggood is really on an amazing track with these two large sauropods released (or soon released) in less than half a year. And considering that the Alamosaurus seems to have sold very well already (at Lana Time Shop it still comes on top of the list of all Haolonggood products and higher than the PNSO Alamosaurus), I can imagine that this Mamenchisaurus will sell like hot cakes, particularly in China.

Bread

I'd certainly acquire the Mamenchisaurus if it looks like that!

Both color variants of the Edmontosaurus are instant purchases for me. That's certainly my ideal Edmontosaurus, even if it's not annectans.

thebermuda303

Tbh I don't see the pronounced brows on this Edmonto, generally this head makes me question the species now that we have good pictures.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: SenSx on February 09, 2024, 07:11:29 AMBoth look incredible.
Getting the mamenchisaurus for sure.

Hope they'll make an Iguanodon and shantungosaurus next.

Iguanodon and Shantungosaurus have my vote too!

dragon53

Are the HLG Edmontosaurus and the PNSO Albertosaurus the same scale?

Concavenator

Quote from: Quiversaurus on February 09, 2024, 01:22:00 PM
Quote from: SenSx on February 09, 2024, 07:11:29 AMBoth look incredible.
Getting the mamenchisaurus for sure.

Hope they'll make an Iguanodon and shantungosaurus next.

Iguanodon and Shantungosaurus have my vote too!

Oh my, I would love an Iguanodon!

Bread

Quote from: dragon53 on February 09, 2024, 03:00:17 PMAre the HLG Edmontosaurus and the PNSO Albertosaurus the same scale?
Just going off of this from other collectors and reviews of the figures.

PNSO's Edmontosaurus can range from 1:34 to 1:36. I've even seen where it's been placed at perfect 1:35. At 32.5 cm.

PNSO's Albertosaurus is 1:33.

I recall seeing that the HLG is 29cm? Could be wrong but I swear I saw this stated in a paleonerd or paleo figures post.

So keep this in mind. We don't know yet until further information.

Sim

I'm happy to see new figures from Haolonggood, but I'm disappointed with the species choices.  We knew both were coming, but generally sauropods and ornithopods are not animals that I'm interested in.  I'm not interested in Alamosaurus too, so that's three figures in a row from Haolonggood I'm not interested in.  Actually, four, since I decided I'll keep my PNSO Sinoceratops and not get Haolonggood's.  The last figure from Haolonggood I enjoy is the Kosmoceratops.  I hope Haolonggood's next figure won't be another ornithopod or large sauropod.

dragon53

BREAD:

Thanks for the info.

Flaffy

Oh wow. HLG has definitely stepped up their game with these two, especially in the paint department. IF the final in-hand models are just as good, then they've beaten out PNSO in my mind.

Mamenchisaurus is one of my favorites so I'm very very happy that HLG did it justice. HLG should consider making more chinese species ;) The "spotted" colour scheme kinda works as a TLW homage as well. I can't decide if I prefer the stripped or spotter colour scheme more... The lack of exposed teeth on a sauropod is good to see too (PNSO take notes ::) )

Year of the Dragon indeed!

oscars_dinos

I've been silent on my opinion on Haolonggood, because.... and please don't come after me... I've never really liked their figures :-X  ... It has been great to see them grow tremendously though, and I cant lie this Mamenchisaurus might be the first haolonggood figure I pull the trigger on. For me the older Haolonggood figures skin detail just wasn't as good as pnso's, but they have been getting closer and closer to it, and I think they're basically there now. And for me this mamenchisaurus escaped HLG's biggest issue for me which is their cartoony eyes. It's paint scheme also seems natural which I think some of HGLs figure don't succeed in (the white stripes usually never do it for me). I think in some areas the figure looks a little stiff but nothing too bad. I'll have to see some in hand reviews before I decide to let this guy in my very limited pnso shelf (and before I decide to give up over 70 dollars probably) but all in all very good job on HGL

ceratopsian

I would also very much like to see them make more Chinese taxa.  Here's hoping, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy!  There's plenty for them to choose from after all.

Quote from: Flaffy on February 09, 2024, 05:43:00 PMOh wow. HLG has definitely stepped up their game with these two, especially in the paint department. IF the final in-hand models are just as good, then they've beaten out PNSO in my mind.

Mamenchisaurus is one of my favorites so I'm very very happy that HLG did it justice. HLG should consider making more chinese species ;) The "spotted" colour scheme kinda works as a TLW homage as well. I can't decide if I prefer the stripped or spotter colour scheme more... The lack of exposed teeth on a sauropod is good to see too (PNSO take notes ::) )

Year of the Dragon indeed!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Update: paleofiguras has confirmed these are the pvc figures, whatever HLG has done to level up their paint like this I am fully on board.

thomasw100

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on February 09, 2024, 06:35:44 PMUpdate: paleofiguras has confirmed these are the pvc figures, whatever HLG has done to level up their paint like this I am fully on board.

For the Mamenchisaurus the pictures show two very different paint schemes, one with stripes and one with spots. The sculpt is the same, so this should be the PVC figure. The question however would be if these would be the two alternative paint variants that are going to be released, or if one of them would be a special edition or prototype.

In the comments section of the Paleofiguras Facebook page it says that the release date would be after the Chinese New Year Holidays.

ceratopsian

I'm going to try not to think about what schemes will be available until we see the released figures!  Hopefully not too long to wait...

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 09, 2024, 06:49:15 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on February 09, 2024, 06:35:44 PMUpdate: paleofiguras has confirmed these are the pvc figures, whatever HLG has done to level up their paint like this I am fully on board.

For the Mamenchisaurus the pictures show two very different paint schemes, one with stripes and one with spots. The sculpt is the same, so this should be the PVC figure. The question however would be if these would be the two alternative paint variants that are going to be released, or if one of them would be a special edition or prototype.

In the comments section of the Paleofiguras Facebook page it says that the release date would be after the Chinese New Year Holidays.

Blade-of-the-Moon

A rough guess the Mamenchi looks like 27" long and about 13.5" tall. 3 Alamo bases long and around 1.5 bases high lol Base is about 9".

Even if their prices increase a bit I would be ok with this new quality level.

I don't own a lot of HLG figures, the Giga, Ouranos, Apato and now Alamo, but  I see that changing.

marisaura

both of these are utterly gorgeous. if the final product for the edmontosaurus in particular has paint quality anywhere close to what's in the pictures, it could be an instant purchase for me - it's so beautifully detailed and vibrant.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Hello there!

Quoting HaoLongGood's Weibo (微博) site, they've made clear a couple of things.

1. Edmontosaurus and Mamenchisaurus figures will be available till the beginning of May. Following a response inquiring about the release date which textually says: "预计五一前后吧。..."(Probably around May 1st).
2. Those figures are part of the mass produced ones. Citing again, they answered "是量产pvc的..." (it is mass produced PVC)

So far, so good, although I hope the release time to be nearer than they told us.
May the New Year of the Dragon roaar with luck and more surprises!  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: