News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 15, 2024, 03:04:59 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2024, 01:03:37 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 14, 2024, 07:15:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2024, 04:52:27 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 14, 2024, 03:34:36 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on February 14, 2024, 02:56:23 PMSo Andy must have a lot of space in his house. Not only did he get two of these giants, but plans now on ordering the third version as well.

The last time I saw his "display" the figures were basically stacked on each other like cord wood.

I can imagine. I think I've finally reached "Don Glut" status with my collection but the way he reviews he must have them literally piled about. I imagine a dino hoarder situation lol

My displays are crowded but I haven't started stacking yet, I'll cut back before I go that far!

I've seen a lot of collectors with just totes full of their figures piled around, Everything I have is sitting on shelves even if they are crowded. If I have that much how can I enjoy it if I don't see it?

Guilty

Though the truth is more of,   "I wish i had a bigger place to display everything"

I can understand that, though at point do we stop? Sadly my intake is higher than my outgoing not for lack of trying.  Just parted with a resin Favorite Apatosaurus and both PNSO Mamenchisaurus to make room for the HLG one.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2024, 04:03:02 AM
Quote from: Takama on February 15, 2024, 03:04:59 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on February 14, 2024, 02:56:23 PMSo Andy must have a lot of space in his house. Not only did he get two of these giants, but plans now on ordering the third version as well.

The last time I saw his "display" the figures were basically stacked on each other like cord wood.

I can imagine. I think I've finally reached "Don Glut" status with my collection but the way he reviews he must have them literally piled about. I imagine a dino hoarder situation lol

My displays are crowded but I haven't started stacking yet, I'll cut back before I go that far!

I've seen a lot of collectors with just totes full of their figures piled around, Everything I have is sitting on shelves even if they are crowded. If I have that much how can I enjoy it if I don't see it?

Guilty

Though the truth is more of,   "I wish i had a bigger place to display everything"

I can understand that, though at point do we stop? Sadly my intake is higher than my outgoing not for lack of trying.  Just parted with a resin Favorite Apatosaurus and both PNSO Mamenchisaurus to make room for the HLG one.

Well (in case i have not made known here)   I been shifting my focus to independant artists who can create my own collection of Dinosaurs/Prehistoric animals, and focusing less on the toy/figure market.   

Gwangi

Yeah, I can't do that. If I couldn't display my collection I wouldn't collect at all. But I realize most people probably live with the assumption and hope that they'll have display space some day.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Gwangi on February 15, 2024, 01:13:53 PM

Yeah, I can't do that. If I couldn't display my collection I wouldn't collect at all. But I realize most people probably live with the assumption and hope that they'll have display space some day.

It can happen eventually. For many years I've lived in a very small house (about 850 sq feet) and most of my stuff has been in tubs, but I recently bought a bigger house with a room dedicated as my display room, so I should have some cool collection photos to show you this year, including what is likely the world's largest collection of prehistoric marine reptiles.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

dragon53

thomasw100

Quote from: dragon53 on February 19, 2024, 05:59:53 PM

The size / scale criticism in this review is completely unwarranted. The author gives zero sources for his preferred size estimate of 30 meters, which he then uses to criticize the model as being too small for 1:35 scale. The well researched Eofauna book (Molina-Perez and Larramendi: Dinosaur Facts and Figures, The Sauropods and Other Sauropodomorphs) gives a curve length estimate of 26 meters. In 1:35 scale, this would conform to a curve length of 74 cm. The curve length of the Haolonggood model is 76 cm, so we are pretty close to the size that would derive from the estimate in the Eofauna book. Obviously the size estimates of large sauropods vary considerably. But we have to acknowledge that the model size conforms rather well to the size reported in a well researched source.

thomasw100

Paleofiguras posted pictures of the Ampelosaurus designer edition:

I checked out the link povided (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CWF7DJ2H?ref_=ast_sto_dp) wich shows the product, but it says that it would not be available. I wonder if that means that this would not be shipped to my location.

ceratopsian

Probably. I bought one designer edition but had to have it shipped to a US friend and then into the UK. If you enter a US zip code you will be able to see if it is still available T @thomasw100.

oscars_dinos

Wow that looks so much nicer than the original

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 25, 2024, 03:18:06 PMProbably. I bought one designer edition but had to have it shipped to a US friend and then into the UK. If you enter a US zip code you will be able to see if it is still available T @thomasw100.

I changed the locality to an US zip code and unfortunately there was none available. I would conclude that these designer editions are impossible to get. Whenever I checked one out, it was gone. In my view it would be great if Haolonggood would actually offer limited editions of their models with more elaborate paint application directly. Like the two versions of the forthcoming Mamenchisaurus that we have seen. One looked like the more typical mass produced (still quite nice) version, whereas the other one looked very rich and detailed.

thomasw100

Some more pictures of the Mamenchisaurus appeared on Paleofiguras Facebook site. The close ups of the head are new I think.

SidB

As impressive as this new HLG Mamenchisaurus is, I'm reluctant to get this one, given that I already have five: two Invictas, one CollectA and the two PNSO. Pretty much up to the gills in these. The Agentinosaurus, on the other hand is another matter.

Faelrin

Such a charming sauropod. Look at that adorable face. Almost as if it is smiling. :)) Haolonggood is really a master of doing sauropods.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

A must have but I hope it will come in other colors.

thomasw100

Quote from: SenSx on February 26, 2024, 03:35:16 PMA must have but I hope it will come in other colors.

I actually hope that it will come in this or a quite similar paint scheme. The base tone is rather bright and sets this sufficiently apart from dark gray, dark green and dark brown sauropods.

thomasw100

Quote from: SidB on February 26, 2024, 03:04:06 PMAs impressive as this new HLG Mamenchisaurus is, I'm reluctant to get this one, given that I already have five: two Invictas, one CollectA and the two PNSO. Pretty much up to the gills in these. The Agentinosaurus, on the other hand is another matter.

But this one will be a true 1:35 scale and an impressive 70 to 75 cm long. A real eye catcher in every collection. You can sell the other five then. Just imagine all these four giants come out this year and how they will look together. The march of the titans. This is what I am really looking forward to this year.

oscars_dinos

The more images I see the more confident I feel on making this my first haolonggood figure

TooOldForDinosaurs

Wow! Great new pictures! Definitely a must for me! Will sell my PNSO Mamanchisaurus before this releases.

Wally-217

Ugh that mamenchisaurus is an instant buy for me. The alamosaurus (and likely argentinosaurus too) is slightly too big for my scale so I'll be glad to support at least one of these releases. I actually wouldn't mind if they stuck to one paint scheme. I guess it'd depend on how many extra sales the variants bring in but I feel like the priority should be on making sure the paint schemes work well as a set of four. With there being 4 different alamosaurus available from two different companies, I'm finding it hard to commit to any of them.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Wally-217 on February 26, 2024, 09:17:27 PMUgh that mamenchisaurus is an instant buy for me. The alamosaurus (and likely argentinosaurus too) is slightly too big for my scale so I'll be glad to support at least one of these releases. I actually wouldn't mind if they stuck to one paint scheme. I guess it'd depend on how many extra sales the variants bring in but I feel like the priority should be on making sure the paint schemes work well as a set of four. With there being 4 different alamosaurus available from two different companies, I'm finding it hard to commit to any of them.

The paint schemes of most haolonggood figures turn me off from there figures so I agree that If we just got one good paint scheme I would be happy

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: