News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 28, 2024, 07:48:42 PMHappyHen are you all planning to stock the Alamosaurus? I'd prefer not to ship a package that size internationally. Thanks in advance.

Incidentally, for anyone else wondering, Happy Hen will be stocking the Alamosaurus. They were kind enough to let me know over email. I wasn't certain because it's so much larger than most things they carry.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Carnoking

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 06, 2024, 03:01:19 PMA beautiful giant has arrived. My Alamosaurus plain variant has been delivered today. I will try to get some pictures later. The color is actually not really gray, rather some black-brown-green that is hard to describe.

Interested to see how it looks! Haven't seen many in-hand photos of the limited edition variant!

thomasw100

Quote from: Carnoking on February 06, 2024, 04:22:40 PMInterested to see how it looks! Haven't seen many in-hand photos of the limited edition variant!

Some quick shots of the Alamosaurus. Would need to take pictures again in bright daylight. Will try this tomorrow. The top of the head has a reddish accent similar to what you have on the other two variants.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Alamosaurus has landed.

I hate to say it but I think this is easily the figure of the year. It weighs quite a bit along with the big box so the ship fee is pretty justified.  My only tiny issue is the eyes, painted white they do work, but are a bit to..human?

dragon53

I've always noticed that Haolonggood eyes are not painted as well as Nanmu eyes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on February 07, 2024, 06:54:25 AMI've always noticed that Haolonggood eyes are not painted as well as Nanmu eyes.

They are decent, no wonky eyes I've seen yet, they just seem to be too human with the white. Maybe a light brown with a darker brown blend and black pupil? I might repaint it.

thomasw100

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2024, 06:34:17 AMAlamosaurus has landed.
I hate to say it but I think this is easily the figure of the year. It weighs quite a bit along with the big box so the ship fee is pretty justified.  My only tiny issue is the eyes, painted white they do work, but are a bit to..human?

I did also notice how heavy this is. Compared with the Nanmu Brachiosaurus, which has somewhat less bulk volume, but is still approximately in the same size range, the Haolonggood Alamosaurus is much heavier. So probably the Nanmu Brachiosaurus is either made of material with lower density or it is hollow.

Halichoeres

Looking good! Can't wait for mine to turn up.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 07, 2024, 07:42:28 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2024, 06:34:17 AMAlamosaurus has landed.

I did also notice how heavy this is. Compared with the Nanmu Brachiosaurus, which has somewhat less bulk volume, but is still approximately in the same size range, the Haolonggood Alamosaurus is much heavier. So probably the Nanmu Brachiosaurus is either made of material with lower density or it is hollow.

Brachiosaurus by Nanmu might be partially hollow? As I recall it's sort of like roto casting? The model can be solid in the neck, tail, and limbs but have hollow spaces on the inside of the main body to reduce weight and material use to cut down on costs. This Alamo is either solid, very dense material or both. I wouldn't give this to a kid to swing around. lol 

Takama

Saw the latest post on Hgoods facebook

The Manenchisaur is finally reveld

As well as the edmotosaurus colors schemes (so much for an E.annectons)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Both look good. I like the Edmontosaurus better than the PNSO one. Both colors look really nicely done.

cryolophosaurus

Honestly, I like these edmontosaurus better than the pnso one. Also that Mamenchisaurus is majestic.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Exactly, the detail, the color, the sculpt itself looks more natural to me and so odd as the PNSO. That Mamenchi is beautiful. Curious what the other color will be but I love this one.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Oh my, those colors are certainly a step up for HLG if they are the production colors, but sadly they do seem to resemble the promo paint jobs of the resin versions of other figures, so I doubt the final schemes will be quite so good.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 09, 2024, 03:23:57 AMBoth look good. I like the Edmontosaurus better than the PNSO one. Both colors look really nicely done.
The head-to-head competition continues.

Quiversaurus

That Mamenchisaurus looks so majestic/regal. And the Edmontosauruses, if the paint jobs follow through onto the mass produced ones, are definitely a step up from PNSO's!

Faelrin

The green Edmontosaurus with the blue crest is a must have for me.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

Both look incredible.
Getting the mamenchisaurus for sure.

Hope they'll make an Iguanodon and shantungosaurus next.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on February 09, 2024, 05:15:22 AMOh my, those colors are certainly a step up for HLG if they are the production colors, but sadly they do seem to resemble the promo paint jobs of the resin versions of other figures, so I doubt the final schemes will be quite so good.
They've answered lately about this on their Weibo site, all are part of the mass-produced PVC versions.   
It seems the Year of the Dragon is going to be full of surprises  8)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on February 09, 2024, 07:28:20 AM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on February 09, 2024, 05:15:22 AMOh my, those colors are certainly a step up for HLG if they are the production colors, but sadly they do seem to resemble the promo paint jobs of the resin versions of other figures, so I doubt the final schemes will be quite so good.
They've answered lately about this on their Weibo site, all are part of the mass-produced PVC versions.   
It seems the Year of the Dragon is going to be full of surprises  8)

They are definitely stepping up..again.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: