News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 10, 2024, 07:04:35 PMA limited edition apparently.

I understand from one of the comments on Paleofiguras that initially they made this for this exhibition that will take place 20-22 March. But then apparently they decided to make some of them as limited edition.

What I find particularly exciting about this base is the size. With 95 by 35 cm one can really use this to place a small dinosaur ecosystem.

Honestly I think they should move forward with this concept. Like make bases of this or similar size for different landscapes, like beach, arid areas, forest, wetlands etc. And then release several dinosaur species that formed the community of each of these ecosystems.

People then would want to complete the ecosystems and get all the species. This would boost their sales again.

Halichoeres

It looks nice enough, if a bit generic. I probably won't buy something like this unless it has full live trees or some other distinctive vegetation, rather than aquarium ferns and dead trunks. The old Favorite Georama Cretaceous Forest diorama is the gold standard in my estimation.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TlatolophusJuanorum

As T @thomasw100 pointed out earlier, more ecosystems would be great. Although, a bit further on would be giving a bit of life for ecosystems with plenty of smaller (and very important) dinosaurs such as the Yixian/Jehol biota with those incredible and well preserved findings.
Some kind of puzzle ecosystems divided in several sections is a suggestion for those places.
Other formations would be Nemegt, Djadochta, etc.  ^-^

Perotorum

I have a bit of a hunch that we will see more fauna from Hell Creek released by HLG considering the general size and aesthetic of the base being perfect for multiple large 1/35 figures, though it would be cool for companies to do such as a set based off an ecosystem, like a pre-made diorama with a large number of contemporary taxa sold as a bundle, though such is highly unrealistic.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think the Triceratops skull makes it pretty much only for certain species?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Ooh this looks quite intriguing! I still need to pick up hlg's Alamo base (even tho I don't plan on getting the Alamo lmao). Any idea how much this one will cost?

Flaffy

Chasmosaurus (C. russelli?)

vampiredesign

This year's work will be more than last year, and I have been busy all along. Of course, this year's surprises cannot be stopped. Preliminary plan for 30 new products. There will be Easter eggs announced during the exhibition. I can't reply to the message immediately. I hope to understand. I will come here as soon as I have time. Thank you all.

Faelrin

V @vampiredesign Thank you for the above Chasmosaurus. So very happy you produced one. Can't wait to see what else comes out this year.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

thomasw100

This huge base is now available for pre-order from Lana Time Shop. Cost is 90 USD, but shipping will be expensive. I had messaged Lana already last night and they informed me that shipping will be 110 USD air mail to Europe, because that base is really heavy. They also offered shipping by train for 75 USD. The base will be available for shipment in June.

Here is the link: https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/new-arrial/products/hao030

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on March 11, 2024, 06:43:22 AMThis year's work will be more than last year, and I have been busy all along. Of course, this year's surprises cannot be stopped. Preliminary plan for 30 new products. There will be Easter eggs announced during the exhibition. I can't reply to the message immediately. I hope to understand. I will come here as soon as I have time. Thank you all.

Chasmosaurus looks really great. And 30 new products this year is just incredible, really exciting. We know about 7 of them (Chasmosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Edmontosaurus, Stegosaurus ungulatus, Euoplocephalus, Brachiosaurus?, Argentinosaurus?), so more than 20 surprises yet to come.

And I really like this huge base that is now available. This is an amazing option for people who want to display dinosaur ecosystems. Depending on how the sales figures of this first one will turn out, I would find it great if you would make more of these for different habitats like wetlands, forest, desert, coast etc. Maybe one per year. The size of 95 by 35 cm is perfect.

thomasw100

Quote from: vampiredesign on March 11, 2024, 06:43:22 AMThis year's work will be more than last year, and I have been busy all along. Of course, this year's surprises cannot be stopped. Preliminary plan for 30 new products. There will be Easter eggs announced during the exhibition. I can't reply to the message immediately. I hope to understand. I will come here as soon as I have time. Thank you all.

One more suggestion to you. I would find it amazing if you would consider making actually some Mesozoic plant models like for example cycads, horsetails, conifers etc. This would work very nicely with this very large base that just became available for pre-order.

postsaurischian

2 more pics of the Chasmosaurus:

thomasw100

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 11, 2024, 09:29:37 AM2 more pics of the Chasmosaurus:

Lana Time Shop has it already available for ordering. Cost is 16 USD with free shipping. Shipping will start around 18 March.

Link: https://lanatime-shop.com/products/hao029

Concavenator

FINALLY, Chasmosaurus! Thank you V @vampiredesign !

Oh, and...

... bye, BotM.  :P

Carnoking

Gorgeous sculpt! And look at those buttery smooth paint apps! And all for 16 bucks! It's figures like these that really make me question my PNSO loyalty.

Looks like C. russelli?

Bread

Lovely ceratopsian but this is a first where I'm more intrigued by a base than a figure...

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 10, 2024, 06:55:50 PMPaleofiguras posted images of a large base that should be released in May. This will be quite suitable for the Mamenchisaurus and any of the other large sauropods.

So will this base appear on Aliexpress? Lanatimeshop? Anyone know yet?

Gwangi

Finally! Chasmosaurus! A glorious announcement.

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on March 11, 2024, 11:43:30 AMLovely ceratopsian but this is a first where I'm more intrigued by a base than a figure...

So will this base appear on Aliexpress? Lanatimeshop? Anyone know yet?

Already available for purchase on Lana Time Shop for 90 USD. See my post higher up with a link.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on March 11, 2024, 12:01:16 PMFinally! Chasmosaurus! A glorious announcement.

Couldn't have said it better myself  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: