News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

The beak looks rounded again?

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 06, 2024, 04:04:27 PM
Quote from: JakobVicent on March 06, 2024, 04:00:54 PM
Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2024, 01:59:35 PMThe teased figure has to be Chasmosaurus.  I hope!

That would be great if it was a chasmosaurus!!

that would be a new genus for me  ^-^

Same! I think the only one I have is the Safari TOOB figure. Chasmosaurus is also my most wanted ceratopsian at this point.

thomasw100

Quote from: Gwangi on March 06, 2024, 05:46:20 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 06, 2024, 04:04:27 PM
Quote from: JakobVicent on March 06, 2024, 04:00:54 PM
Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2024, 01:59:35 PMThe teased figure has to be Chasmosaurus.  I hope!

That would be great if it was a chasmosaurus!!

that would be a new genus for me  ^-^

Same! I think the only one I have is the Safari TOOB figure. Chasmosaurus is also my most wanted ceratopsian at this point.

I would also love to have a good model of Chasmosaurus. I like to have all of the major clade naming genera. We have a decent Centrosaurus and so I would like a decent Chasmosaurus as well. I am still hoping for the PNSO that was included in that list which circulated a while ago. But certainly Haolonggood would also have a good take on Chasmosaurus.

thomasw100

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 06, 2024, 05:20:56 PMLana has had some delays in the art departments of the various studios. I'm still waiting on my Dilophosaurus pair that are about 4 months behind schedule.  So i can see it's possible. If they are trying to match a few different colors of paint, I didn't see any pics showing the damage you mention and what areas it affects, so it may take a bit to get done then ship.

I certainly wouldn't "throw away" a model as it could even be resold with the damaged paint , I guarantee someone would want it.

Lana seems to be sometimes a bit selective with their response to different matters. I noticed that they are very quick if you inquire about a new expensive resin model that has become available for pre-order for obvious reasons. Then they are much slower when it comes to issues like the one I just experienced.

And custom painted models seem to take the longest, probably because even for them this is a niche business. I have these three large sauropod kits (Argentinosaurus, Barosaurus, Maraapunisaurus) on order since August last year. And so far only the Barosaurus is nearing completion because they have sent pictures. I foresee that it will be a year until I have all three in hand.

Indeed I would not throw the Alamosaurus away even if I would order a new one. When I said this it was a way to express my frustration about all the extra effort and costs that I have due to these paint defects. The main paint defect is on one of the forelimbs of the Alamosaurus, and only visible from one side. There are a few smaller ones, but not near as bad as that one.

Concavenator

I think it will be either Chasmosaurus, Anchiceratops, Diabloceratops or Centrosaurus. A Chasmosaurus skeletal has been appearing in some Haolonggood boxes for a while now, so this could finally be the long-awaited Chasmosaurus. Regardless of Haolonggood or PNSO making a Chasmosaurus, bye bye to my BotM one I guess.  :P

Paleofiguras says the figure will be revealed next week.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2024, 04:09:12 PMIt's known Udanoceratops is coming from Haolonggood

It is?? That's news to me! Welcome news.

Sorry about your situation, T @thomasw100. I agree a Warhammer painter is a good candidate for doing touch-up work. I've had mixed experiences with Lana. Once a package was lost and they replaced it very quickly. Another time a model (painted to order) arrived with appendages broken off, and they offered nothing except a suggestion to glue it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

A Udanoceratops would be fantastic! And unexpected.  ^-^

SidB

Good for you, T @thomasw100 , I hope that this corrective repainting works out to your complete satisfaction.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 06, 2024, 06:01:00 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 06, 2024, 05:20:56 PMLana has had some delays in the art departments of the various studios. I'm still waiting on my Dilophosaurus pair that are about 4 months behind schedule.  So i can see it's possible. If they are trying to match a few different colors of paint, I didn't see any pics showing the damage you mention and what areas it affects, so it may take a bit to get done then ship.

I certainly wouldn't "throw away" a model as it could even be resold with the damaged paint , I guarantee someone would want it.

Lana seems to be sometimes a bit selective with their response to different matters. I noticed that they are very quick if you inquire about a new expensive resin model that has become available for pre-order for obvious reasons. Then they are much slower when it comes to issues like the one I just experienced.

And custom painted models seem to take the longest, probably because even for them this is a niche business. I have these three large sauropod kits (Argentinosaurus, Barosaurus, Maraapunisaurus) on order since August last year. And so far only the Barosaurus is nearing completion because they have sent pictures. I foresee that it will be a year until I have all three in hand.

Indeed I would not throw the Alamosaurus away even if I would order a new one. When I said this it was a way to express my frustration about all the extra effort and costs that I have due to these paint defects. The main paint defect is on one of the forelimbs of the Alamosaurus, and only visible from one side. There are a few smaller ones, but not near as bad as that one.

Mostly  I have received things on time, my Showanna Giga, the Quetzalcoatlus, Cryolophosaurs. They just messaged me today about my Dakotaraptor. That Dilo pair from Lingu Studio though..Lana says they are keeping after them to finish it.  I imagine they might having some issues but Lana doesn't seem too worried as of yet.  I do recall it's harder to get the better artists than just their inhouse artists.

thomasw100

Thanks to all for the positive words and support. I really hope that things will get sorted out over time. As someone has rightfully commented that no picture of the paint damage was shown, I just add one of the most affected area on the right forelimb. There are a few much smaller areas affected but much less visible.

Bread

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 07, 2024, 06:12:34 AMThanks to all for the positive words and support. I really hope that things will get sorted out over time. As someone has rightfully commented that no picture of the paint damage was shown, I just add one of the most affected area on the right forelimb. There are a few much smaller areas affected but much less visible.

Have you considered sending this to dinosaur_models_artworks? To fix these errors.

Another alternative that I could possibly provide is purchasing this model from you. This would of course result in you purchasing another to hope for no paint errors. I am offering this because I am looking into purchasing one of these, and sending it to dinosaur_models_artworks to straighten the tail, and a full repaint. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 07, 2024, 01:05:42 AM
Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2024, 04:09:12 PMIt's known Udanoceratops is coming from Haolonggood

It is?? That's news to me! Welcome news.
Yes, Haolonggood confirmed it on Facebook.  They also confirmed they're making Hungarosaurus.

bmathison1972

I had to look up both Udanoceratops and Hungarosaurus and now I am drooling with the thought of getting HLG versions of those critters...

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on March 07, 2024, 01:33:40 PMHave you considered sending this to dinosaur_models_artworks? To fix these errors.

Another alternative that I could possibly provide is purchasing this model from you. This would of course result in you purchasing another to hope for no paint errors. I am offering this because I am looking into purchasing one of these, and sending it to dinosaur_models_artworks to straighten the tail, and a full repaint. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Hi there, indeed I have been thinking of sending this to Dinosaur Models Artworks, but the shipping costs back and forth would be at least 50 Euros and then of course the costs for the commission work. And then two times the risk of damage or loss. This is why right now I am looking for a local solution, i.e. someone where I could deliver and pick up this heavy model in person.

SidB

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 07, 2024, 01:46:01 PMI had to look up both Udanoceratops and Hungarosaurus and now I am drooling with the thought of getting HLG versions of those critters...
You're not alone!

Quiversaurus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 07, 2024, 01:46:01 PMI had to look up both Udanoceratops and Hungarosaurus and now I am drooling with the thought of getting HLG versions of those critters...

If they are making a Hungarosaurus, it bodes well for collectors looking for smaller species done in HLG's style and in 1:35 scale. Kentrosaurus soon - fingers crossed!

Concavenator

Quote from: Quiversaurus on March 07, 2024, 02:40:00 PMKentrosaurus soon - fingers crossed!

I like to think that day is closer.  ;)

Sim

I'm happy with my CollectA Kentrosaurus, but if Haolonggood made Kentrosaurus I'm confident I would replace the CollectA with it as Haolonggood's would be better no doubt and more colourful - the colouration of CollectA's being one thing I think would benefit from being better.

Kentrosaurus must be the most requested species from Haolonggood, after Chasmosaurus, hopefully both will be made by them at some point.

thomasw100

Paleofiguras posted images of a large base that should be released in May. This will be quite suitable for the Mamenchisaurus and any of the other large sauropods.

ceratopsian

A limited edition apparently.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: