News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Not a genus that's on my want list but surely a very well done figure. The colors are striking for PNSO's standards. Love the bright green.

Speaking of well done figures, today I received the Edmontosaurus and the Saurophaganax as well. I'll keep my thoughts on the Saurophaganax for the 2023 topic but Zabad is a brilliant figure. Love the size and heft and the coloration suits the figure very well. It displays magnificently next to Cameron. It's a long awaited genus for me and this one is instantly one of my favorite PNSO figures of all time, together with Cameron, Aymen and the Torosaurus.
But today, I'm just being father

thomasw100

delete

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 23, 2024, 04:23:33 PMI wanted to edit my message but instead it ended up as a quote in a new message. Can someone please explain me how I can delete this message?

I don't think general members can delete messages just edit them. If you edit it to say "delete" I can just remove it. If it has already been quoted then not much can be done about that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on March 23, 2024, 12:10:02 PMThe wait is over! Introducing PNSO's Lufengosaurus!

Makes me wonder if PNSO is going to revisit all their old vinyl species and remake them!

While I too would have preferred Plateosaurus this is still a breathe of fresh air and will stand out in a collection.

They could very well do so, most were Chinese species. I do sort of wish they kept that line going though, even if only one per year. This guy in that size would have been stunning.

Concavenator

As with the Yutyrannus, Lingwulong, Microraptor, etc, this is the sort of local taxa worth making figures of, not Zhuchengtyrannus or "Sinopliosaurus".

marisaura

finally, a great figure of a basal sauropodomorph! i can only hope it's not the last, because i've been waiting years for a model like this. the fact that it has one of PNSO's strongest paint schemes to date is just the cherry on top. an absolute home run for them - ever since the theropod conga line ended, their work has been stronger than ever.

Joel1905

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 23, 2024, 04:21:54 PMWhen looking at the PNSO releases after the long stream of megatheropods came to an end last fall, it appears that they have been releasing fewer but very high quality models. The Spinosaurus, then Edmontosaurus and now this stunning Lufengosaurus. It could well be that PNSO has adjusted their strategy in such a way that they exclusively target now the high quality high price segment of the market. This could be their response to Haolonggood flooding the market with models which are really good and at the same time have a modest price.

The numbers don't add up there man. In the last six months they've released 8 models. (2 Yangchuanosaurus, Saurophaganax, Alamosaurus, Zuul, Spinosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Lufengosaurus)

I don't expect PNSO to let up on their average of a figure a month any time soon.

Flaffy

So very glad to see PNSO continue their sauropod line.. with a prosauropod no less!

Lufengosaurus has always been with me since childhood, as it was pretty much the only fully mounted dinosaur skeleton HongKongers had regular access to in the Hong Kong Science Museum (sans special exhibitions). So the genus has a special place in my heart.

Glad to see PNSO revisit this genus, the last gigantic vinyl model could've certainly used a burger or two! ;D  The colourscheme is much more pleasing than all existing versions on the market. To which there is a surprising number considering it's obscurity (CollectA, Beijing museum, Vitae, PNSO, Animal Heavenly Body).

Quote from: Concavenator on March 23, 2024, 05:03:27 PMAs with the Yutyrannus, Lingwulong, Microraptor, etc, this is the sort of local taxa worth making figures of, not Zhuchengtyrannus or "Sinopliosaurus".

I agree. With how prolific PNSO is in mainland China, I'm always surprised by how little attention they give to actual chinese dinosaurs. Still waiting on a Psittacosaurus... any day now O:-)

oscars_dinos

This is why I missed Pnso. in the time they where gone haolonggood was starting to catch my eye a bit, but man pnso's design language has gotten so fine and elegant this is a great figure.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on March 23, 2024, 03:41:49 PMThis is a definite must have. Has to be the best basal sauropodomorph we've ever gotten, not that the bar is that high. Lovely paintjob too.

I second that; instant must have!

Sim

This Lufengosaurus is AMAZING!  It's the best basal sauropodomorph figure, the only other good one being the Kaiyodo Plateosaurus which is a mini and long retired.  This Lufengosaurus is truly the first of its kind, there's nothing else like it!  I'm glad the rumoured list turned out to be false, I've been able to satisfy my need for Chasmosaurus and Neovenator from elsewhere and the rest of the list wasn't of much interest to me.

I'm surprised it was PNSO to make the great prosauropod figure that was needed, I'm grateful and impressed!  Lufengosaurus is a species I've been wanting for a long time.  I intend to get this figure but I still would like a Plateosaurus too.  For those not very interested in Lufengosaurus, two interesting things about it are: 1. It lived in the Jurassic, after sauropods had evolved.  I find it interesting that it coexisted with them.  2. It was the first dinosaur skeleton put on display in China.

Odobenocetops

Nice!
Any calculation on the lufengo scale??

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Odobenocetops on March 23, 2024, 08:53:10 PMNice!
Any calculation on the lufengo scale??

Not sure about calculations, but there's this chart, courtesy of TheAmazingSpino on Twitter that shows how large a Lufengosaurus would have to be for this model to be 1:35. It might be a little large but its not terribly far, if you ask me.

* (It's locked.)

Sim

A possible hint for a species PNSO might be releasing this year is in a video celebrating Chinese new year where PNSO showed Sinoceratops and Sinosaurus.  The latter hasn't been made by PNSO yet and coexisted with the species PNSO revealed today...  I won't be surprised if it's the next figure PNSO releases after the Lufengosaurus.

thomasw100

When looking at the size (scale) of sauropodomorphs or theropods, my starting point is the Eofauna books. They list a length of 8.9 meters, which would translate into 25 cm in 1:35 scale. One has to note however that this is all curve length from snout to tail, so the horizontal length should be a bit less than 25 cm. So I would say that the PNSO model is a bit on the long end, but still within permissible range.

postsaurischian

^-^  Her name is Yiran.

Sim

I find it funny how prosauropods and therizinosaurians look like the reptilian and avian versions of each other respectively.  Before it was discovered that therizinosaurians are theropods, it was thought they evolved from prosauropods.

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on March 23, 2024, 09:12:41 PMA possible hint for a species PNSO might be releasing this year is in a video celebrating Chinese new year where PNSO showed Sinoceratops and Sinosaurus.  The latter hasn't been made by PNSO yet and coexisted with the species PNSO revealed today...  I won't be surprised if it's the next figure PNSO releases after the Lufengosaurus.

I would love for them to make a Sinosaurus.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim Now that you mention it, they are kind of similar.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Sim on March 23, 2024, 09:12:41 PMA possible hint for a species PNSO might be releasing this year is in a video celebrating Chinese new year where PNSO showed Sinoceratops and Sinosaurus.  The latter hasn't been made by PNSO yet and coexisted with the species PNSO revealed today...  I won't be surprised if it's the next figure PNSO releases after the Lufengosaurus.

I would absolutely buy the shit out of that

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: