News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medzo

Don't forget to apply the AliExpress coupon codes as well! They are used with the PNSO AliExpress shop discount together!

thomasw100

I really wonder what is going on with PNSO. While Haolonggood is showcasing their models at exhibitions and have just released a catalogue with an amazing lineup for 2024, there is nothing but silence from PNSO. Now it is already over 2 months that they have released anything. Not even new books or other educational material. Was it like this in the past, I mean that they would not release anything for quite some time and then maybe release several figures at once?

GojiraGuy1954

We still have 10 days of March left
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 21, 2024, 06:51:51 AMI really wonder what is going on with PNSO. While Haolonggood is showcasing their models at exhibitions and have just released a catalogue with an amazing lineup for 2024, there is nothing but silence from PNSO. Now it is already over 2 months that they have released anything. Not even new books or other educational material. Was it like this in the past, I mean that they would not release anything for quite some time and then maybe release several figures at once?
I'm very curious too as to what PNSO is going to do in the face of this remarkable HLG onslaught. PNSO now seems to be facing what other manufacturers had to endure when PNSO was in its high output phase.

Carnoking

Folks can grumble about it all they like but given how herbivore heavy HLG's catalogue is looking, that leaves the market for theropods wide open for PNSO to continue to fill.

Daspletodave

I don't think PNSO and HLG care what the other company is doing. They both have their own agendas, and primarily serve the billion-plus Chinese market. There is plenty of room for both, even when they happen to issue the exact same species.  PNSO may appeal to a slightly more upscale market due to pricey extras like booklets, posters (and even blank sheets of paper!) while fixating on one type of dinosaur at a time. HLG seems to appeal to a different customer base that appreciates a lower cost product with more diversity (herbivores!)
Both companies will continue to issue theropods and herbivores and if their current rate of output continues I am sure that most collectors' wish lists will soon be satisfied.

Lynx

Can't believe I'm saying this but for once I wouldn't mind a theropod from PNSO
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Lynx on March 21, 2024, 01:09:29 PMCan't believe I'm saying this but for once I wouldn't mind a theropod from PNSO
Balance of power

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Daspletodave on March 21, 2024, 12:27:43 PM(and even blank sheets of paper!)

I remember when I first got Cameron and opened the envelope to find, among other stuff, that stack of blank drawing pages. PNSO's figures are generally such good quality that I can't even get mad at the silly extra stuff but seeing blank papers in the box got a laugh out of me.

Maybe the next T. rex will come with a set of pencils and some markers to spare.
* (It's locked.)

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Tracewyrm! on March 21, 2024, 02:17:51 PM
Quote from: Daspletodave on March 21, 2024, 12:27:43 PM(and even blank sheets of paper!)

I remember when I first got Cameron and opened the envelope to find, among other stuff, that stack of blank drawing pages. PNSO's figures are generally such good quality that I can't even get mad at the silly extra stuff but seeing blank papers in the box got a laugh out of me.

Maybe the next T. rex will come with a set of pencils and some markers to spare.

while I've appreciated the time to save money and catch up on some other figures I must say... I miss pnso

Sim

I've been wondering why PNSO is taking so long to release another figure.  I was waiting for PNSO to confirm or disprove the rumour list before deciding if I would buy some figures by other companies, but I've stopped that completely now and have bought the Haolonggood Chasmosaurus (which I love and probably wouldn't replace even if PNSO makes the same species) and the CollectA deluxe Neovenator (which looks better than CollectA's most recent Neovenator).

thomasw100

It is increasingly strange what material PNSO is posting on their YouTube channel. Learn to draw the domestic pig was my highlight. Next maybe learn to draw the Coronavirus.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 21, 2024, 10:37:42 PMIt is increasingly strange what material PNSO is posting on their YouTube channel. Learn to draw the domestic pig was my highlight. Next maybe learn to draw the Coronavirus.
They also have a line of modern-life animals models, so it is not that strange.

Bread

The wait is over! Introducing PNSO's Lufengosaurus!

Makes me wonder if PNSO is going to revisit all their old vinyl species and remake them!

suspsy

Well, it looks like that supposedly leaked list was indeed a hoax, as it did not include Lufengosaurus anywhere. Good thing for that saltshaker.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

thomasw100

This one was a bit unexpected I have to say. I was almost certain that we would get a spinosaur. But what a beautiful model, the color scheme is just amazing.

ceratopsian

A dream come true for me.  I've been looking for a good Lufengosaurus ever since I visited the dinosaur museum in Lufeng in April 2019.  (I hadn't bought the vinyl version when it came out because it looked too starved for my taste.)  And I'm very glad to see PNSO is producing something after the (relatively!) long drought.  And sauropodomorphs are so neglected by model producers.

Concavenator

Not a species I'm interested in (specifically looking for a Plateosaurus), but hats off to them nonetheless, this release is truly innovative/different. That is, fills an important gap, we will finally be getting a good figure of a basal sauropodomorph. And it's known from good remains, too.

Notice how even something as overdue as a Chasmosaurus figure is still not as innovative as this Lufengosaurus, as the former, even if particularly overdue within ceratopsids, still belongs to a very well-represented group, while basal sauropodomorphs ("prosauropods") are very blatantly ignored.

Quote from: suspsy on March 23, 2024, 12:18:03 PMWell, it looks like that supposedly leaked list was indeed a hoax, as it did not include Lufengosaurus anywhere.

I wouldn't discard that list just yet. Sure, now it looks unlikely to be real, but remember how in 2022 PNSO released Zhuchengtyrannus amid of other confirmed releases:

Quote from: Faras on December 01, 2021, 06:17:08 PMRumors came from Chinese dino toy forum moderator, hopefully this time it's more reliable (he did say "feel free to thrash me in the thread if the list is wrong"  ;))

Torosaurus was listed separately after Triceratops, probably means both will be released.

Triceratops
Centrosaurus
Styracosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus
Sinraptor
Iguanodon
Torosaurus
Tsintaosaurus
*All brand new molds, skin textures are on same level as Parasaurolophus.

Link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/7633846377

We will be able to deny the list's veracity once March is over and we haven't seen an Euoplocephalus from them.

Acting as devil's advocate, the list is partially true. It mentioned an Edmontosaurus being released in January and no new release in February, just as it happened. Although by the time the list came out, the Edmontosaurus had already been revealed and it seemed as if there wasn't going to be any new release in February.  :P Still, whoever made that list made it believable (in case it's fake), as it mentioned several species I could see PNSO revisiting: Gigantoraptor, Ceratosaurus and Chunkingosaurus.

paleochris

The intense competition between PNSO and Haolonggood is starting to pay off! Both brands are improving with every release, not only in terms of sculptural quality, but also in terms of paint application and color schemes, which are becoming less and less toy-like. This figure is probably one of the best in terms of finesse, quality and realism on PVC!

SenSx

Very nice figure, but would have prefered a Plateosaurus for sure.

Hope they redo their vinyl Shantungosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: