You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Aaron Doyle's dinosaur models (battle-brak on the old boards)

Started by Aaron Doyle, March 19, 2013, 05:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks pretty sweet.  Is the neck feathered or scaly ?

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

tyrantqueen

The Velociraptor is looking great :)

I was wondering...if you're planning to release the Gorgosaurus model, I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig for testing. What scale is it going to be in?

No pressure or anything...I was just throwing it out there :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 22, 2013, 05:56:49 AM
The Velociraptor is looking great :)

I was wondering...if you're planning to release the Gorgosaurus model, I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig for testing. What scale is it going to be in?

No pressure or anything...I was just throwing it out there :)
Ditto!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

amargasaurus cazaui

The Aaron Doyle set of Psittacosaurus models. This set was based and painted by Martin , and you can see just what a great scene these models make together. My scene features all four original poses, as test prints. I am delighted with the model and feel Both Martin and Aaron did an incredible job, with an assist from Marilyn of course.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Aaron Doyle

Thanks AC,

The diorama came out amazing.  Martin Garratt always does amazing work, but this really feels like a miniature window into the past.  The water, the foliage, everything is just awesome.  I love the paintjobs on the Psittacosaurus.  It has a strong herding animal look, but also feels very reptilian.  I wish I had the time, talent, and patience to create scenes like this.

I've updated my shop with the rooting and resting poses from this diorama if anyone is interested.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/artofaarondoyle

tyrantqueen

1/40 Gorgosaurus, in Strong White Flexible.

Big thanks to Aaron Doyle for letting me be a guinea pig :)

Aaron Doyle

thanks tyrantqueen!  I'm glad it came out well.  It's now available for purchase for anyone that's interested

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1362202/1-40-scale-gorgosaurus.html

Aaron Doyle

The new preening Velociraptor, the Gorgosaurus, and the updated Chirostenotes are all now available from my shapeways shop!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/artofaarondoyle

Aaron Doyle

Nasutoceratops

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Aaron Doyle on December 01, 2013, 10:29:00 PM

Nasutoceratops
Now that is an interesting animal !!! A more basal ceratopsian with unique characteristics.....does anyone have an actual length overall for the dinosaur? I could find nothing to suggest the actual length.(the real one, not the model.)
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Aaron Doyle

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 01, 2013, 10:39:30 PM

Nasutoceratops
Now that is an interesting animal !!! A more basal ceratopsian with unique characteristics.....does anyone have an actual length overall for the dinosaur? I could find nothing to suggest the actual length.(the real one, not the model.)

All the estimates I can find place it around 15 feet long

tyrantqueen

The pose reminds me of the green Favorite Triceratops statue

:)) I'm glad you're doing a more obscure ceratopsian. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I love your work and will buy every model of yours that I can. If you need a guinea pig, I'll also be happy to volunteer.

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

copper

finally someone did a nasutoceratops!  i haven't been able to keep up with your models, i hope i can purchase few soon, this being the first one : )

Gorgonzola

*picture snip for brevity*

Nasutoceratops

Ah Aaron you beat me to it!  I still have a lumpy Nasutoceratops I'm working on in Zbrush.  He looks fantastic, love the pose for him.  The proportions for this fellow are kinda odd, aren't they?
IG: @asidesart
Portfolio: asidesart.com
Patreon (Mostly non-dinosaur stuff and illustration): patreon.com/asidesart

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on December 02, 2013, 12:03:37 AM

Nasutoceratops
I'll be your guinea pig, Mr.Doyle.
If that's okay, that is. ;)

PM me, please
Okay, I can understand asking if the artist wants a guinea pig when they release a picture that they're working on; or not sure that they'll actually release. But when Mr. Doyle posts an image of a new model that he is selling, asking to be a guinea pig is simply asking for a free model. That goes against the entire point of making these models. If you actually want to support the artist, buy the models. But don't just ask for free ones! Of course, I could be way off here, and Mr. Doyle, if you're okay with it, by all means, correct me. But that is just my opinion.
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: