News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Here is the Hell Creek dromaeosaurid:

Acheroraptor

Colors based on a Guam Rail. I put the name in italics because I thought it has a role in the sequence that is major enough to be considered a main creature.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

alexeratops

Cool. Um, are the arms to small or the body to big or
"I'm not fat- i'm poofy" with the feathers? no offense.
like a bantha!

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 24, 2013, 08:25:16 PM
Here is the Hell Creek dromaeosaurid:

Acheroraptor

Colors based on a Guam Rail. I put the name in italics because I thought it has a role in the sequence that is major enough to be considered a main creature.
WOW.Just WOW

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Thanks, everyone :)! And yes, he just looks fat because he has puffed up feathers.

alexeratops

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 24, 2013, 08:35:24 PM
Thanks, everyone :)! And yes, he just looks fat because he has puffed up feathers.

K.----------
/    O O     \   
l                 l
\   l------l    /       
  ------------
like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 24, 2013, 10:22:23 PM
Here is the Troodon sequence, final sequence of episode 1:
http://yutyrannus.deviantart.com/art/Dinosaurs-Monsters-of-the-Mesozoic-Sequence-6-415721658?ga_submit_new=10%253A1385331486

Nice! A sort of more depressing feel, but at least the image of Purgatorius dragging berries to his home makes me feel a little better.

And that's the first time that I've seen a story a few hundred years after the K-Pg event.;)

Yutyrannus

Thanks! I tried to make it a little less depressing than normal by not killing the Troodon. And besides, the picture of the hibernating Purgatorius with his tail wrapped around him is just adorable as well ;D! Next is Yutyrannus.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 25, 2013, 12:02:28 AM
Thanks! I tried to make it a little less depressing than normal by not killing the Troodon. And besides, the picture of the hibernating Purgatorius with his tail wrapped around him is just adorable as well ;D! Next is Yutyrannus.

Yep. Image of Purgatorius curlingnhis tail made my day! By the way, I am excited for the Yutyrannus sewuence!

Also, is the Purgatorius sequence in the first episode of After the Dimosaurs set in the Paleocene? Or is it the sams story as this one?

Yutyrannus

It takes place at about the same time, but it is a different sequence :). Also, Yutyrannus should be coming soon.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Thanks :)! Ichthyovenator next! (then Lythronax, then Siats, then Concavenator, then Sauroniops, then Episode 3 ;D)

Balaur

While I do like your stories, will there be a story that doesn't have fights or action?

Yutyrannus

Yes there will be a few. The Concavenator one for sure will and there will be many others, I just haven't decided which ones yet :).

Yutyrannus

I have decided on one last change to the creature list (this is it, I promise :))). I will replace Nothronychus with Deinocheirus in my series. Deinocheirus is a much stranger and less depicted species. Also, since its true looks are now known, I thought I should add it :).

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 26, 2013, 02:24:53 AM
I have decided on one last change to the creature list (this is it, I promise :))). I will replace Nothronychus with Deinocheirus in my series. Deinocheirus is a much stranger and less depicted species. Also, since its true looks are now known, I thought I should add it :).

I'm fine with that. I jiggeled and higgled with Age of Reptiles, only to decide to keep all my original episodes. ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: