News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Here it is :)!

Deinonychus

It does have red eyes but they didn't show up well in the scan. I gave it red eyes because I hate it when people complain over red eyes because they are too monster-like, many animals have red eyes >:(! Anyway, enjoy!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

My first non-theropod drawing for the series :):

Kosmoceratops

Balaur

Good job on the Kosmoceratops. I like the quills on it! My favourite has to be the Alaskan Troodon, though it is probably because I love polar dinosaurs. I also have an idea of a series like yours, but instead having mini stories in chronological order. The first episode being lower Triassic, ect. I also love the Balaur.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on August 25, 2013, 02:51:06 AM
Good job on the Kosmoceratops. I like the quills on it! My favourite has to be the Alaskan Troodon, though it is probably because I love polar dinosaurs. I also have an idea of a series like yours, but instead having mini stories in chronological order. The first episode being lower Triassic, ect. I also love the Balaur.
Thanks, I also am quite happy with how those three turned out :). I pretty much just wrote down the episodes in the order that they popped into my head, though they can't exactly be in chronological order because some episodes (The New Giants, The Polar Dinosaurs, The Bizarre Dinosaurs etc.) cover more than one period in the episode. I was also thinking that if I could ever get this documentary made, I would have to turn to BBC to air it for two reasons: they are the only ones that actually care about doing accurate documentaries; and they also have the best ones anyway (remember Ice Age Giants?). I may also eventually post plots of the sequences, the sounds of the creatures, and pictures of the environments in the sequences. I hope you like my future creature pictures ;D!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 25, 2013, 05:28:28 AM
Thanks, I also am quite happy with how those three turned out :). I pretty much just wrote down the episodes in the order that they popped into my head, though they can't exactly be in chronological order because some episodes (The New Giants, The Polar Dinosaurs, The Bizarre Dinosaurs etc.) cover more than one period in the episode. I was also thinking that if I could ever get this documentary made, I would have to turn to BBC to air it for two reasons: they are the only ones that actually care about doing accurate documentaries; and they also have the best ones anyway (remember Ice Age Giants?). I may also eventually post plots of the sequences, the sounds of the creatures, and pictures of the environments in the sequences. I hope you like my future creature pictures ;D!

I agree. If I would have anyone help with this, BBC is the best. Ice Age Giants was also great. I am excited to see the future plots of the sequences, and the environments, and the sounds. It's like if you said you where able to make this series you would have it all planned out and you would be able to do it!

Also, do you actually write down the stories on the computer as you think about them in your head? Because that is what I seem to do on a very regular basis. ;)

While I do like themes covering a certain animal, I prefer chronological order, because then it gives a perspective on how the world was and what happened over the milllions of years. Still, I like your idea. Actually, I may post my ideas in a different thread. And I think that officially I just started a pseudo-battle between or documentaries. (I kid, I kid, but lets see both and compare and constrast)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on August 25, 2013, 08:05:39 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 25, 2013, 05:28:28 AM

I agree. If I would have anyone help with this, BBC is the best. Ice Age Giants was also great. I am excited to see the future plots of the sequences, and the environments, and the sounds. It's like if you said you where able to make this series you would have it all planned out and you would be able to do it!

Also, do you actually write down the stories on the computer as you think about them in your head? Because that is what I seem to do on a very regular basis. ;)

While I do like themes covering a certain animal, I prefer chronological order, because then it gives a perspective on how the world was and what happened over the milllions of years. Still, I like your idea. Actually, I may post my ideas in a different thread. And I think that officially I just started a pseudo-battle between or documentaries. (I kid, I kid, but lets see both and compare and constrast)
I can't wait to see your series it sounds quite cool :)! I would have already posted some of the sounds, but I am having trouble finding a place that lets me download it. So for now I will just put a list of them:

Tyrannosaurus - Elk
Velociraptor - ?
Austroraptor - None (It is a mute species)
Troodon - ?
Deinonychus - Red-tailed Hawk
Balaur - ?
Kosmoceratops - Rhinoceros
Teratophoneus - Lion
Alaskan Troodon - Goose
Gorgosaurus - Leopard

Yutyrannus

I decided to post a list of the planned sequences and the creature each sequence follows:

The Last Dinosaurs
#1 - Austroraptor
#2 - Velociraptor
#3 - Hagryphus
#4 - Tarbosaurus
#5 - Tyrannosaurus
#6 - Troodon

The New Dinosaurs
#1 - Yutyrannus
#2 - Ichthyovenator
#3 - Lythronax
#4 - Siats
#5 - Concavenator
#6 - Sauroniops

The Feathered Dragons
#1 - Byronosaurus
#2 - Deinonychus
#3 - Pyroraptor
#4 - Utahraptor
#5 - Microraptor
#6 - Khaan

The Bizarre Dinosaurs
#1 - Psittacosaurus sibiricus
#2 - Dilophosaurus
#3 - Balaur
#4 - Kosmoceratops
#5 - Alaskonychus
#6 - Deinocheirus

The Marine Killers
#1 - Pliosaurus
#2 - Elasmosaurus
#3 - Globidens
#4 - Plesiosaurus
#5 - Tylosaurus
#6 - Shonisaurus

The Flying Reptiles
#1 - Hatzegopteryx
#2 - Pterodaustro
#3 - Guidraco
#4 - Dimorphodon
#5 - Europejara
#6 - Anurognathus

The Earliest Dinosaurs
#1 - Herrerasaurus
#2 - Liliensternus
#3 - Melanorosaurus
#4 - Heterodontosaurus
#5 - Staurikosaurus
#6 - Megapnosaurus

The Golden Age
#1 - Ceratosaurus
#2 - Supersaurus
#3 - Torvosaurus
#4 - Sciurumimus
#5 - Yangchuanosaurus
#6 - Tanycolagreus

The Polar Dinosaurs
#1 - Crylophosaurus
#2 - Leaellynosaura
#3 - Antarctotitan
#4 - Alaskan Troodon
#5 - Gorgosaurus (double length sequence)

The Isolated Dinosaurs
#1 - Rajasaurus
#2 - Masiakosaurus
#3 - Ohmdenosaurus
#4 - Bradycneme
#5 - Australospinas
#6 - Eotyrannus

Balaur

Sounds good! Even though this isn't a real TV series, is this like a half hour programme or an hour programme? I am guessing half and hour, but I'm not sure.

Also, good to see Leaellynasaura on the cast list! ;)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on August 31, 2013, 12:48:12 AM
Sounds good! Even though this isn't a real TV series, is this like a half hour programme or an hour programme? I am guessing half and hour, but I'm not sure.

Also, good to see Leaellynasaura on the cast list! ;)
It is an hour long program. Also, that is not all of the creatures, just the main creatures of each sequence. Soon I will post the Dilophosaurus :). Also I forgot to put it on the list, but Nothronychus is in it too, I will fix that mistake now.

Yutyrannus

New one ;D:

Dilophosaurus

I am very happy with how it turned out :)!

Balaur

Good job. I like it! I especially like the colour of the crest and head and the spikes running along its neck and tail.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on August 31, 2013, 03:35:18 AM
Good job. I like it! I especially like the colour of the crest and head and the spikes running along its neck and tail.
Thanks for the compliment! Also when will you start posting pictures of the creatures in your series?

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice drawing, interesting interpretation of one of our favourite Theropods.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on August 31, 2013, 09:47:09 AM
Nice drawing, interesting interpretation of one of our favourite Theropods.
Thank you :)!

I have edited the sequence list with more creatures where the question marks were. I have decided to do a special to go with this series.

Forest of Chinle:
This special follows a Daemonosaurus through ten months in his struggle to survive in the forests of Triassic New Mexico, he must avoid being killed by the predatory Postosuchus and one killer even more deadly.

Concavenator

Amazing pictures,man!Will you draw more soon?I love 'em all.Keep up the good work!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 31, 2013, 09:15:06 PM
Amazing pictures,man!Will you draw more soon?I love 'em all.Keep up the good work!
I plan on doing the Cryolophosaurus and possible the Coelophysis today.

Yutyrannus

Balaur

It looks kind of weird, though its probably because its in a resting position. And that has nothing to do with the fact that I love the tail colour! And the green throat pouch, and the whole design. ;)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on September 01, 2013, 03:09:50 AM
It looks kind of weird, though its probably because its in a resting position. And that has nothing to do with the fact that I love the tail colour! And the green throat pouch, and the whole design. ;)
Thanks! I came up with the throat pouch for Dilophosaurus and only decided to put it on the Cryolophosaurus to indicate the relation between the two. The throat pouch inflates with the opening of the jaw, therefore if the mouth is closed than it is just a green color patch. Also how do you like my Coelophysis special: Forest of Chinle?

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on September 01, 2013, 03:25:00 AM
Quote from: Balaur on September 01, 2013, 03:09:50 AM
Thanks! I came up with the throat pouch for Dilophosaurus and only decided to put it on the Cryolophosaurus to indicate the relation between the two. The throat pouch inflates with the opening of the jaw, therefore if the mouth is closed than it is just a green color patch. Also how do you like my Coelophysis special: Forest of Chinle?

Okay, the Cryolophosaurus just became cooler!

I like the short synopsis you gave for it, and it sounds pretty interesting. Also, except to see some of the plots for my series episodes very soon, I'm cleaning up anything that may seem odd, anything that doesn't fit in well, that stuff. It'll probably be up before I have my other creatures on there.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: