News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on September 01, 2013, 03:50:04 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on September 01, 2013, 03:25:00 AM
Quote from: Balaur on September 01, 2013, 03:09:50 AM
It looks kind of weird, though its probably because its in a resting position. And that has nothing to do with the fact that I love the tail colour! And the green throat pouch, and the whole design. ;)
Thanks! I came up with the throat pouch for Dilophosaurus and only decided to put it on the Cryolophosaurus to indicate the relation between the two. The throat pouch inflates with the opening of the jaw, therefore if the mouth is closed than it is just a green color patch. Also how do you like my Coelophysis special: Forest of Chinle?

Okay, the Cryolophosaurus just became cooler!

I like the short synopsis you gave for it, and it sounds pretty interesting. Also, except to see some of the plots for my series episodes very soon, I'm cleaning up anything that may seem odd, anything that doesn't fit in well, that stuff. It'll probably be up before I have my other creatures on there.
Thanks! You can expect to see the Coelophysis tomorrow! Can't wait for the episode plots, it will probably be quite a while till I post mine.

Anyway, here is the creature list for the special:

Forest of Chinle -
Daemonosaurus
Postosuchus
Placerius
Generic Silesaurid
Rutiodon
Koskinodon
Tritylodont
Generic Lizard
Effigia

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on September 01, 2013, 04:38:56 AM
It looks kind of weird, though its probably because its in a resting position. And that has nothing to do with the fact that I love the tail colour! And the green throat pouch, and the whole design. ;)
Thanks! I came up with the throat pouch for Dilophosaurus and only decided to put it on the Cryolophosaurus to indicate the relation between the two. The throat pouch inflates with the opening of the jaw, therefore if the mouth is closed than it is just a green color patch. Also how do you like my Coelophysis special: Forest of Chinle?

I like the short synopsis you gave for it, and it sounds pretty interesting. Also, except to see some of the plots for my series episodes very soon, I'm cleaning up anything that may seem odd, anything that doesn't fit in well, that stuff. It'll probably be up before I have my other creatures on there.
Thanks! You can expect to see the Coelophysis tomorrow! Can't wait for the episode plots, it will probably be quite a while till I post mine.

Forest of Chinle -
Coelophysis
Postosuchus
Placerius
Generic Silesaurid
Rutiodon
Koskinodon
Tritylodont
Generic Lizard
Effigia

Aaaaaa.... AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Three of my favourite crurotarsans of all time. Favourites! Can't wait to see them!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on September 01, 2013, 05:31:12 AM

Forest of Chinle -
Coelophysis
Postosuchus
Placerius
Generic Silesaurid
Rutiodon
Koskinodon
Tritylodont
Generic Lizard
Effigia

Three of my favourite crurotarsans of all time. Favourites! Can't wait to see them!
You probably won't have to wait to long for Effigia and Postosuchus, it may be a while until Rutiodon though. Can't wait to see your Saurosuchus! Also, I can't wait to see your Herrerasaurus, we can compare it to mine (mine has colors based on a fire skink)!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on September 01, 2013, 05:44:19 AM
Quote from: Balaur on September 01, 2013, 05:31:12 AM

Forest of Chinle -
Coelophysis
Postosuchus
Placerius
Generic Silesaurid
Rutiodon
Koskinodon
Tritylodont
Generic Lizard
Effigia

You probably won't have to wait to long for Effigia and Postosuchus, it may be a while until Rutiodon though. Can't wait to see your Saurosuchus! Also, I can't wait to see your Herrerasaurus, we can compare it to mine (mine has colors based on a fire skink)!

Fire skink is very colourful! That seem like a good colouration for the Herrerasaurus. Mine will probably be less colourful, but atleast as a colourful head.

Concavenator

I like the Cryolophosaurus' pose and the colors you chose.It's one of my favorites pictures from you  :)
BTW will you draw spinosaurids?Like Suchomimus

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Juan Andrés on September 01, 2013, 11:53:50 AM
I like the Cryolophosaurus' pose and the colors you chose.It's one of my favorites pictures from you  :)
BTW will you draw spinosaurids?Like Suchomimus
Yes, I will do an Irritator.

Yutyrannus

My first drawings for the half-hour special Forest of Chinle :):

Coelophysis

Postosuchus

Note: Yes, I left the Postosuchus name un-italisized, I only italisize the names of the main creature of each sequence/special.

Yutyrannus

Updated Kosmoceratops picture, now shows the ability to flush the frill with color:

Kosmoceratops

Balaur

The Coelophysis is great! Also good job with the Postosuchus, and the frill colouring on Kosmoceratops. I like it!

Yutyrannus

Hopefully I will post the Irritator today, but I might not have the time. :-\

Yutyrannus

Haha, here it is ;D:

Irritator

Colors partly inspired by a Goliath Heron  ;).

Balaur

Ooooohhhh..... Colourful sail...... Love it1 :)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on September 04, 2013, 04:18:10 AM
Thanks! Wait until you see my irridescent Australospinas (australian spinosaur) :)!

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on September 04, 2013, 04:50:30 AM
Quote from: Balaur on September 04, 2013, 04:18:10 AM
Thanks! Wait until you see my irridescent Australospinas (australian spinosaur) :)!

Ooooooooooooo......... Iridescent..............

Also, I like the name you gave for it, its pretty neat!

Yutyrannus

Thanks, I may post the Sinosaurus today :).

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Thanks, the blue crest was something I came up with because it lived in a tropical to semi-tropical environment :)

Concavenator

Wow! Your Irritator is great,and the Sinosaurus is really good.Very nice coloration on the Irritator,and I love your Sinosaurus'blue crest.

Yutyrannus

Here is the (hopefully) awaited Herrerasaurus :):

Herrerasaurus
Colors based on a fire skink.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: