News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Here is my long awaited Mongolian mammal (finally ;D):

Zalambdalestes (Albino)

I gave him albinism because it is almost never depicted in paleo-art (seriously, I've only seen it once), and yet it was extremely likely to have been present in many animals (melanism too). I will likely have at least one other albino animal, and maybe a melanistic one as well :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

ZoPteryx

An albino Mesozoic mammal!!!  This might be the most unique piece of palaeoart ever! :o

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Zopteryx on December 14, 2013, 03:18:12 AM
An albino Mesozoic mammal!!!  This might be the most unique piece of palaeoart ever! :o
Unfortunately yes...well that and the albino Microraptor on Deviantart :))!

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 14, 2013, 03:22:23 AM
Nothing unfortunate about it, it's great! :)  And this is a Mesozoic mammal, much rarer than Microraptor on the web. ;)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Zopteryx on December 14, 2013, 03:30:21 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 14, 2013, 03:22:23 AM
Nothing unfortunate about it, it's great! :)  And this is a Mesozoic mammal, much rarer than Microraptor on the web. ;)
Oh, no I just meant that it is unfortunate that so few people have come with something so simple in paleo-art :-\. Anyway, thanks :)! Tylosaurus will likely be next.

Yutyrannus

I have started drawing Australovenator. Also, my Plesiosaurus will likely be colored based on a Pacific White-sided Dolphin :).

Balaur

Nice Zalambdalestes! I love that you made it albino! Makes it so much more intresting! Awesome job! Can't wait for Australovenator and Plesiosaurus!

Yutyrannus

Thanks! Also what dinosaur do you think should I make albino for this series?

Balaur

Maybe Anchisaurus? Or Megapnosaurus kayentakae?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on December 14, 2013, 08:37:06 PM
Maybe Anchisaurus? Or Megapnosaurus kayentakae?
Oooooh, good idea. Thanks for helping :)!

Balaur

Your welcome! :)

My second obscure species post is going to go up today. O have to add in Zalambdalestes and then fix any spelling or factual errors, and then it is done! :)

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Here is my first mosasaur drawing for the series (I've added Globidens so he should be done soon):

Tylosaurus

Colors loosely based on a sand monitor. He also happens to be my favorite marine reptile and ties with Spinosaurus as my favorite prehistoric animal of all time ;D.

Balaur

Wow! That looks very varanidy! That is probably one of my favourite drawing of your series so far! Keep up the good work!

Yutyrannus

Thank you! I agree it is one of my best :).

Yutyrannus

Finished Plesiosaurus, I'll post him tomorrow :).

Yutyrannus

alexeratops

Nice!I noticed that the color scheme is based on an orca, or a certain type of dolphin. From my view. :) :))
like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

Yup, it is based on a Pacific White-sided Dolphin :).

Balaur

Wow! Incredible! I may do an entire post on marine reptiles for my blog now! But I am unsure. ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: