News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

I decided to replace Eurazhdarcho with Hatzegopteryx (again). I just couldn't come up with an interesting story for Eurazhdarcho. I might have a unique depiction of Hatzegopteryx ;).

Balaur

Awesome! Hatzegopteryx is my favourite pterosaur, right after Sos 2428!

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Have you finished the Zalambdalestes yet?

Yutyrannus

Sorry, homework keeps getting in the way. If everything goes my way, I'll have Zalambdalestes, Plesiosaurus, and Hatzegopteryx up in the next few days :).

Yutyrannus

Okay, so much for Deinocheirus being the last change to the series :)). I have another one again (and there was also the addition of Hatzegopteryx). I have replaced Sinosaurus with Saurophaganax. Saurophaganax is an interesting creature that is rarely depicted, and another rarely depicted creature, Supersaurus, will also appear in that sequence.

EDIT: I have changed the sequence to be about Supersaurus and have Saurophaganax as an extra creature. I did this because I don't have enough sequences about sauropods.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Yeah, Saurophaganax is about my 3rd or 4th  favorite dinosaur of all time ;D! Pictures of him and Supersaurus coming soon :).

Yutyrannus

New sauropod :):

Paralititan

This one took longer because of the different tints and shades of the colors, as well as the fact that I had to color around the dermal plates. Expect more pictures up soon :).

Balaur

Wow! I love it! A great titanosaur! By the way, how's Zalambdalestes?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on December 11, 2013, 01:50:20 AM
Wow! I love it! A great titanosaur! By the way, how's Zalambdalestes?
Still trying my best to finish it (its taking me longer with homework and how long this Paralititan took). I promise he'll be worth the long wait once done :). Also, I am just waiting for feedback by Dinotoyforum on my Plesiosaurus, after that I can finish it.

Megalania

Nice drawings
i like that you add feathers in many of the teropod Dinosaurs since recent investigations suggest that tiranosaurus probably had feathers
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

I've just finished drawing my (very) chubby Edmontosaurus. He has a crest due to recent findings and as I said before is extremely chubby. I figured herbivores tend to be somewhat plump and Edmontosaurus regalis is an Arctic animal so it might have had quite a bit of blubber to keep it warm. I'll try to color and post him tonight :).

Yutyrannus

Here he is :):

Edmontosaurus

I originally meant to post this guy with my Zalambdalestes, Tylosaurus, Plesiosaurus, and Supersaurus, but the new discovery of the crest prompted me to post it sooner :). Also, as you can see, I've returned to my typical Arctic dinosaur colors.

Balaur

That is really cool! I always find it plausible that polar hadrosaurs like Edmontosaurus where very chubby because they had blubber or fat to keep warm instead of feathers.

Also, I am going to post about this discovery featuring your restoration of it on my blog. :)

Yutyrannus

Thanks! And yes, that was actually my main reasoning for this depiction (and that most herbivores tend to be a bit on the chubby side ;D). Also, sorry my Zalambdalestes is taking so long, trying my best to get it done, but winter break is coming soon so I'll have a lot more drawing time :).

Concavenator

Very awesome Edmontosaurus,Yutyrannus.
Love the chubby appearance,it reminds me a little to All Yesterdays Parasaurolophus.
Great colors too.

Yutyrannus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: