News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 30, 2014, 06:21:50 PM
This makes me wonder...will people continue to seek out the originals once these have been reissued?

Definitely not for these prices!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 30, 2014, 07:12:36 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 30, 2014, 06:21:50 PM
This makes me wonder...will people continue to seek out the originals once these have been reissued?

Definitely not for these prices!

Would that cause the prices for the originals to drop, then?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

The prices will fluctuate of course, but people remember that exact Rex from their childhoods will want it..there will be a nostalgia factor to be sure..but how much is that worth is hard to guess.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I guess you're right, almost like the JP3 repaints, but it won't stop me from buying an extra re-issue to paint like the original for myself.  >:D
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoLord

For those who collect model kits: there seems to be a Mexican recaster on eBay going by the username 'etaf'. I saw they had listed a bunch of the Krentz Antediluvian dinosaurs in one listing for ~$60 yesterday, but upon examining the pictures the lack of detail made it obvious that they were not originals. Unfortunately it looks like that listing actually sold...  :-\ They also have various Kaiyodo DinoLand kits recast in resin.

tyrantqueen

Yes, I've seen them. They were using photos from some of our members on their listings. They seem to have taken them down now which is good.

tyrantqueen

I lost another item again (I was winning with only an hour to go) because of this seller's disregard for eBay's rules. Same seller, third time in a row >:( It is incredibly frustrating to log into your eBay account and see that the item you were bidding on has disappeared without a trace.

Here's the seller's listings:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/cgbricks432012?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

They may look tempting but don't bother. If you are a genuine bidder who actually follows eBay's rules you will get cheated out of your victory. Consider this a warning if you value your time.

DinoLord

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 05, 2015, 04:54:02 PM
I lost another item again (I was winning with only an hour to go) because of this seller's disregard for eBay's rules. Same seller, third time in a row >:( It is incredibly frustrating to log into your eBay account and see that the item you were bidding on has disappeared without a trace.

They may look tempting but don't bother. If you are a genuine bidder who actually follows eBay's rules you will get cheated out of your victory. Consider this a warning if you value your time.

I've bought one item from them. Sadly they seem to cancel many auctions early, though they do end up relisting a good amount of them which is annoying depending on if you win or not.

deanm

I'm not sure if sending Ebay a complaint letter would help. They can track the seller behaviour and see if there is a pattern of abuse.  Other than that - thanks for the heads up on the seller. 

Simon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 05, 2015, 04:54:02 PM

I suspect that in many cases this seller ends the auction early because it doesn't look like he's gonna get the price bid up to what he wanted (ie he set the reserve low to start bidding but in effect he has an unofficial 'reserve' price in mind).  Who knows?

In other cases, given the rarity of some of the pieces he probably got an offer 'offline' and took it.  Not much ebay can do about either scenario, since he's willing to pay the listing fee.

I wonder how much he paid for the estate dinosaur items - I am sure that it was a fraction of what the original owner spent given the rarity of many of these pieces.

Many of them have been out of production for over a decade.  I always thought it a bit silly to collect a warehouse full of kits that you will never get around to building (as some modelers do). 

SpittersForEver

Pachyrhinosaurus

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INVICTA-BRITISH-MUSEUM-NATURAL-HISTORY-BLUE-WHALE-DINOSAUR-w-DISPLAY-STAND-/251705144633?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9acbb539

I bought one, and the seller still has six left. Mine has yet to come, but it looks like a good price.

I'm glad I didn't bid on any of CGbricks' stuff, the trilobite and some others looked tempting.
Save Dinoland USA!

triceratops83

Quote from: DinoLord on January 05, 2015, 05:11:35 PM
I've bought one item from them. Sadly they seem to cancel many auctions early, though they do end up relisting a good amount of them which is annoying depending on if you win or not.

Yep, I've bought two things from them, but the "McGrady" Triceratops kept disappearing. I went through three auctions before I managed to get it, and only managed it the last time 'cause I bid a small fortune on it. Glad, though. Just poor, now.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 13, 2015, 02:53:26 PM
Quote from: DinoLord on January 05, 2015, 05:11:35 PM

Yep, I've bought two things from them, but the "McGrady" Triceratops kept disappearing. I went through three auctions before I managed to get it, and only managed it the last time 'cause I bid a small fortune on it. Glad, though. Just poor, now.

I bid on a lot of things..just didn't win any of them..lol The pricing on some just went overboard. 

Alexxitator

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

triceratops83

Quote from: Alexxitator on January 21, 2015, 11:05:32 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301486127926?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just got me one of these. The seller is a well-known guy around here :-)

That's a good price. I've seen the Diplodocus/Kentrosaurus pack up for close to $200 for some reason.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I doubt it's original. Not enough wear and tear..doesn't even looked to have been used. My guess is it's one of the re-issues , well I think they were total resculpts based on the designs from the original film and made in the same fashion.  Came out in the late 90's or so. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: