News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Toy Dinosaur Film & TV Cameos

Started by Invicta Hunter, June 12, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

You just might Doug, no matter how many times I've seen that film I never caught that.

Roselaar

Ah, 1960's Dinosaurus! How come I didn't think of that one, that movie is sitting in my collection after all...

triceratops83

I've hope those Marx figures weren't actually squashed by the film's villain.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

They probably were. Keep in mind that back then, they were common.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

triceratops83

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 10, 2015, 08:11:51 AM

Well then, Hacker deserved to be crushed in that cave in. Of all his villainous misdeeds, stomping on those Marx figures was by far the worst.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Doug Watson

Quote from: triceratops83 on March 10, 2015, 01:27:44 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on March 10, 2015, 08:11:51 AM

Well then, Hacker deserved to be crushed in that cave in. Of all his villainous misdeeds, stomping on those Marx figures was by far the worst.

When I saw it in the sixties I always thought they were plaster because of the way it broke up. I wonder if a fresh Marx Bronto would break up like that, I'm not going to test it. I wonder if they tried and the Marx bounced back so they replaced it with a plaster one, not to preserve the Marx but to get a better effect?

triceratops83

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 10, 2015, 01:56:00 PM
When I saw it in the sixties I always thought they were plaster because of the way it broke up. I wonder if a fresh Marx Bronto would break up like that, I'm not going to test it. I wonder if they tried and the Marx bounced back so they replaced it with a plaster one, not to preserve the Marx but to get a better effect?

They seem to be made of a similar material to toy soldiers, so even though the limbs might break off the Tyrannosaur at least, they should just bend and cop some major scuff marks. You're probably right, they might have used something else for the after-effects. What they're worth now might be a decent sized chunk of that movies' budget!

Roselaar

Spotted an original Papo T-Rex in the (hilarious and recommended) movie The Guard. Strange surrounding too, on a police sergeant's desk. But hey, it's a quirky movie anyway.

Roselaar

There's some dinosaur toys (only Chinasaurs I think) in the second trailer for Jurassic World. And stuffed toys too.

Pachyrhinosaurus

One of them is a Battat edmontonia and the gift shop dinosaurs are from Melissa & Doug:

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-T-Rex-Dinosaur-Plush/dp/B00021HB9K
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Roselaar

There's a bunch of K&M type figures in episode 10 of Daredevil. But monochrome.

Ikessauro

Going back to the topic of the movie The Indian in the Cupboard, I guess the original toy was this, right?

This looks like JP inspired CGI.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I saw an episode of The Big Bang Theory and saw what I think was an Imperial smilodon, near the end. I forget the name of the episode, but right before that Howard and Raj visited La Brea tar pits after getting into an argument about flying kites.
Save Dinoland USA!

Roselaar

And of course there's that awful animatronic T-Rex toy in the BBT boys' living room in virtually every episode.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on May 08, 2015, 11:53:20 PM
And of course there's that awful animatronic T-Rex toy in the BBT boys' living room in virtually every episode.

I've always wondered which one that was. I thought it looked like the Papo rex at first.
Save Dinoland USA!

Roselaar

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 09, 2015, 02:04:00 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 08, 2015, 11:53:20 PM

I've always wondered which one that was. I thought it looked like the Papo rex at first.

If only it was, that would have shown some quality. This is just some cheap Chinese release. Guess the boys don't know their dinosaur toys. :)

DC

The Johnny Depp Dark Shadows remake has David playing with what look like large Marx? dinosaurs or maybe Aurora.  The major dinosaur scene was cut from the movie but included on DVD as an extra.

You can never have too many dinosaurs

CityRaptor

Looks like both, Aurora and oversized Marx.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Derek.McManus

Anyone seen the new Nescafe Gold Blend television advert? Lots of dinosaurs there!

Roselaar

Aside from the toys on Lowery's desk already mentioned here, there's various Chinasaurs, a Papo Stegosaurus and a Schleich Apatosaurus and Brachiosaurus in Gray's room in Jurassic World.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: