News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Toy Dinosaur Film & TV Cameos

Started by Invicta Hunter, June 12, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Roselaar on February 13, 2015, 09:24:39 PM
Didn't even remember seeing those dinosaur toys in that Walking Dead episode. Or are you telling me it's a new one from Season 5, and the Governor isn't dead after all...?

The episode I meant was from Season 4, I think it was called Inmates (though I've been binging so the specifics might have blurred by now). It's in the house Carl and Michonne scavenge together. But not in the freaky pink room with all the corpses.

Oh, when you said you just watched it, I thought you meant this episode since it was the most recent one on. Yeah, this is the premiere episode of the second half of Season 5 that was on last Sunday. And yes, the Governor is still dead. But I won't tell you anymore if you're not caught up to this point in the series. No spoilers from me. Hehe!

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 13, 2015, 08:08:48 PM
The lizard like toy is an "Animal Planet" (Toy Major I think) crocodile.

Thanks! I could never see the front part of his snout to tell if he was crocodilian or in the lizard family.

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 13, 2015, 12:19:00 PM
You are good, I missed all of those, maybe I need a bigger TV. Hey, I just noticed the geode that Tyresse hits the adult walker with moves on the shelf between shots. In the final shot where he grabs it, the geode is on the far left of the shelf in one your shots it is to the right of the football and in the other it is gone perhaps back in the left corner since this is before the attack.

I knew they had to be in the kid's room. Haha! But they were quick to spot. Did you see Talking Dead when they explained the geode? There were actually two! A real one for display and a sponge one with movie blood soaked into the back of it. Maybe they had been put in different spots on the shelf so Chad (Tyreese) would know which one to use to hit the guy with playing that walker. Could've been a real mess if Chad picked up the real rock! LOL!

Roselaar

Checked it again while listening to the audio commentary. The Triceratops toy was featured in episode 4.9, 'After', during the scene where Carl is out scavenging a house on his own.

Meso-Cenozoic

Oh yeah. I remember that one. It must have been in that house he went into by himself and almost got caught by a walker and then ate that whole huge can of chocolate pudding by himself sitting on the roof. Hehe!

Doug Watson

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 14, 2015, 10:55:59 AM
Did you see Talking Dead when they explained the geode? There were actually two! A real one for display and a sponge one with movie blood soaked into the back of it. Maybe they had been put in different spots on the shelf so Chad (Tyreese) would know which one to use to hit the guy with playing that walker. Could've been a real mess if Chad picked up the real rock! LOL!

Yes I did see that, reminded me of my days in the museum model shop we would have to make replicas of artifacts and specimens that were too valuable to put on display or something they wanted people to handle. Usually the only way for most people to tell the difference was weight but then we made some dinosaur fossil casts and we embedded shotgun shot inside the cast so they weighed the same as the fossils. I still have a couple of those.

Jetoar

another cameo

The indian in the cupboard: Kenner Jurassic Park  Red T- Rex  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

Quote from: Jetoar on February 15, 2015, 03:15:43 PM
Another cameo  ;D.

The indian in the cupboard: Kenner Jurassic Park  Red T- Rex  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Ah yes! That movie contained its fair share of franchise toy references. Otherwise it was a forgetful flick.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't know I thought of it the other day..considered watching it again if I could find it. The book series was great as I recall.

I think the toy/cg in the movie was based on the Red Rex but they couldn't fit that figure in there. I remember seeing the movie and wondering where could I get a JP Rex that nice looking.. lol

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2015, 07:21:29 PM
I don't know I thought of it the other day..considered watching it again if I could find it. The book series was great as I recall.

I think the toy/cg in the movie was based on the Red Rex but they couldn't fit that figure in there. I remember seeing the movie and wondering where could I get a JP Rex that nice looking.. lol

Yeah, I was gonna say that Rex in the film looks a bit more high-end compared to the toy we had on our shelves. ;)

Roselaar

Spotted some dinosaur toys in Kingsman: The Secret Service. The Triceratops that got shown pretty close up might have been Wild Republic. The toys in the back where not easy to discern, but I think I recognized a Kenner JPS1 Young T-Rex.

Decent movie too, by the way.

Dobber

I don't know if many of you are old enough to remember this show, but when I was a kid I remember an episode of "The Greatest American Hero" where they went in search of a "Sea Monster". At the end of the episode the monster sticks it's head out of the water and even then I thought it looked just like my big Tyrannosaurus model...the old Monogram snap kit that has been around forever.

After looking it up for this thread, it turns out I was right! Yes, even back then it looked cheesy! ;D
http://www.tylisaari.com/prehistoricscenes/kits/gahrex.JPG

From here talking about the kit and when it was used.
http://www.tylisaari.com/prehistoricscenes/kits/rex.htm

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Dobber on February 17, 2015, 11:53:38 PM
I don't know if many of you are old enough to remember this show, but when I was a kid I remember an episode of "The Greatest American Hero" where they went in search of a "Sea Monster". At the end of the episode the monster sticks it's head out of the water and even then I thought it looked just like my big Tyrannosaurus model...the old Monogram snap kit that has been around forever.

After looking it up for this thread, it turns out I was right! Yes, even back then it looked cheesy! ;D

Chris

Oh my. :-X  I remember The Greatest American Hero. Played by William Katt. (I started watching it because I liked him in "Carrie" a few years before that. Hehe!) But I don't recall that sea monster episode. Maybe my dino-trained brain has blocked it out. LOL!

Dobber

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 18, 2015, 07:32:13 AM
Quote from: Dobber on February 17, 2015, 11:53:38 PM

Chris

Oh my. :-X  I remember The Greatest American Hero. Played by William Katt. (I started watching it because I liked him in "Carrie" a few years before that. Hehe!) But I don't recall that sea monster episode. Maybe my dino-trained brain has blocked it out. LOL!

Lol! Yup. I also remember him from the old horror movie "House" ! The Greatest American Hero Episode is the season 2 episode "The Devil and the deep blue sea"
Here is the episode on YouTube....the Monsters appearance is at the very end of the episode if you want to skip to the end.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NzWCb7MqLAA

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Meso-Cenozoic

OMG! There it was!! I can't believe they used a toy, and not that good of one! And I remember that show having decent FX for TV back then too. On a couple side notes, I always used to like that song and thought Connie Sellecca was hot! LOL! And I do remember "House" the horror movie too. Sounds like we're around the same age. OLD! Hahaha! Well, at least we have enough memory left to still remember these things. (Don't know if that's a good thing or not. LOL!)

Meso-Cenozoic

New Energizer Battery commercial. A Brontosaurus Chinosaur toy turns into a full-sized living Brachiosaurus! Haha!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF9fkfNjc2g

Roselaar

That's pretty fun. Too bad they used a Chinasaur, I would have loved to have seen a better model. The final dinosaur actually looks more like a Brachiosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Roselaar on February 27, 2015, 09:14:56 PM
That's pretty fun. Too bad they used a Chinasaur, I would have loved to have seen a better model. The final dinosaur actually looks more like a Brachiosaurus.

That's what I said. Hehe! The Bronto turns into a Brachio. *POOF* It's movie (TV) magic! LOL!

Doug Watson

I think I have found the earliest Toy Dinosaur film cameo. When I was a kid I saw the 1960 film Dinosaurus on our old Black & White TV. In the movie underwater explosions free a T rex, a Brontosaurus and a Caveman from a frozen??? sleep near a Caribbean Island. Of course they all come to life and all heck breaks loose. An orphan boy name Julio is the only one who knows anything about the dinosaurs and in one scene he brings two Marx Toy dinosaurs into a restaurant to show the square jawed hero and his blonde heroine. A big meanie crushes the brontosaurus under his foot. I found a clip on YouTube from German TV and took a couple screen grabs. There is a great close-up of the two toys, its funny when I saw this on our old TV in the 60s I didn't realize they were the same toys I had. I didn't even know it was filmed in colour. I think I have the record for the earliest cameo found.

SpartanSquat

In Godzilla 2014, the new schleich apatosaurus appears Brodys House, before Janjira Incident.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: