News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Toy Dinosaur Film & TV Cameos

Started by Invicta Hunter, June 12, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Takama on May 16, 2014, 05:45:35 PM
In some scenes in Godzilla 2014. There are dinosaur toys.   Most are chinasaurs. But I managed to spot a shelich world of history apatoesaurus.   

Their new Giganotosaurus is in there too, which is weird because they appear in a scene that's set in 1999!
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

CityRaptor

Guess they did not bother to do their research on this. Alternate, wacky theory: Time Travel!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

I started watching Psyco Pass today, its pretty good. Essentially you take the machine from Person Of Interest, a setting too similar to Tron to be coincidence, and make a gritty police drama. The whole show has been a pleasant surprise thus far but the most surprising was something very familiar I noticed at the end of episode 2 (which is as far as I've seen).

The Colorata Spinosaurus ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool! I totally didn't catch that..but admittedly I'm usually working while "watching".  No spoilers, but there are some disturbing elements in the show..I felt the 2nd season kind of raised that bar a bit here and there.

Takama

During the super bowl this past week. There was a Nissan Comercial with a blink and you will miss it appearance of the Carnegie collection spinosaurus

DinoLord

Quote from: Takama on February 09, 2015, 07:08:23 PM
During the super bowl this past week. There was a Nissan Comercial with a blink and you will miss it appearance of the Carnegie collection spinosaurus

New or old?

Pachyrhinosaurus

I was watching "Drake and Josh" a few months ago for the first time in what feels like ever, and I noticed there's an Invicta mamenchisaurus in their bedroom. Its on a dresser in the far right side.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Takama

Quote from: DinoLord on February 09, 2015, 08:49:22 PM
Quote from: Takama on February 09, 2015, 07:08:23 PM

New or old?

New one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1qCi5nSKw

Right at the 18 mark

Pachyrhinosaurus

Upon seeing disussion of the Mold-a-Rama machines I went looking on eBay for the old Sinclair dinosaurs and recognized it right away.

The still is from a childhood favorite TV show, Kipper the Dog however I realized the dinosaur is similar to the one from Sinclair:
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

triceratops83

Ah, Kipper the dog.
"That's a toad, not a frog"
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 14, 2014, 02:12:39 PM
I don't have any images but back on March 11,  I was watching Face Off, a make-up competition show produced by SyFy (Space up here in Canada). On this particular episode they had to create a character that could have been created by a mad scientist and in the opening the producers had decorated the set like a lab with supposed specimens in jars of alcohol. One of the jars contained the coelacanth I sculpted for Safari Ltd. You only see it for a few seconds but first you see it with a few other specimens and then they go in for a close up of just the coelacanth. I know it's not a dinosaur and really didn't make sense in a small jar but I thought it was cool anyway.
It is episode 609, season 6, "Mad Science". They used to have the episodes on the website but I can't find it anymore. If you can find it you can see the coelacanth at 2:58 and 2:59 from the beginning of the episode. You have to be fast and use the pause button. Even if I found it I don't know how to do a screen grab. Doug

First off, what a fun topic this thread is! I kept seeing it but didn't know what it was and finally had some time to look thru it. I recognized quite a few screen times that had dinos. Good job!

Anyway, when I saw Doug's post, and being the Face/Off fan that I am too, I had to go see if I could find it. Well, SyFy's web site still had all of Season 6 up to watch full episodes. So I thought I'd give it a go since I've never watched any of their shows on their site before (if I miss a show, I just catch it OnDemand). I found the episode easy enough. But, the problem is they don't have any control features to use at the bottom of the screen -- no fast forward, rewind, or most important a pause button. They only have a 'Play' and 'Pause' button right in the middle of the screen, that doesn't stay there very long to use. And when you do hit 'Pause', the whole screen then darkens. Ugh!

So, I found the scene and screen capped it. Took it into photoshop, and voila! Hehe! I did have to guesstimate a bit what exact parts of the coelacanth were under the letters and pics. But you get the idea. There were two quick shots of it in the specimen jar. This is the second one which was a closeup.

The first pic is what I originally had to work with (haha!), and the second pic is what I ended up with.

*Sorry it took so long, Doug! I just realized when you first posted this. LOL!

Roselaar

I spotted a Triceratops toy in an episode of The Walking Dead yesterday, but I didn't recognize the brand. Might have been some random Chinasaur.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 12, 2015, 08:52:17 AM
First off, what a fun topic this thread is! I kept seeing it but didn't know what it was and finally had some time to look thru it. I recognized quite a few screen times that had dinos. Good job!

Anyway, when I saw Doug's post, and being the Face/Off fan that I am too, I had to go see if I could find it. Well, SyFy's web site still had all of Season 6 up to watch full episodes. So I thought I'd give it a go since I've never watched any of their shows on their site before (if I miss a show, I just catch it OnDemand). I found the episode easy enough. But, the problem is they don't have any control features to use at the bottom of the screen -- no fast forward, rewind, or most important a pause button. They only have a 'Play' and 'Pause' button right in the middle of the screen, that doesn't stay there very long to use. And when you do hit 'Pause', the whole screen then darkens. Ugh!

So, I found the scene and screen capped it. Took it into photoshop, and voila! Hehe! I did have to guesstimate a bit what exact parts of the coelacanth were under the letters and pics. But you get the idea. There were two quick shots of it in the specimen jar. This is the second one which was a closeup.

The first pic is what I originally had to work with (haha!), and the second pic is what I ended up with.

Hey, thank you Meso! I had long given up hope of seeing this here. I am a big FO fan as well so I was really geeked to see it the first time. Thank you for putting in all the work!

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 12, 2015, 09:13:31 PM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 12, 2015, 08:52:17 AM

Hey, thank you Meso! I had long given up hope of seeing this here. I am a big FO fan as well so I was really geeked to see it the first time. Thank you for putting in all the work!

Hey, no problem, Doug! I always like a good photoshop challenge, anyway. ;) BTW, I'm a HUGE fan of Face/Off! I've watched it from the beginning and seen every season. I find it so fascinating watching the process of creating these prosthetics to realizing their final vision. I also like it because it usually doesn't have all the "drama" other contestant-based reality shows have. Everyone is always helping one another, and the judges, although critical at times, seem to be very fair. BTW, I love Ve Neill! She totally cracks me up! LOL!

Quote from: Roselaar on February 12, 2015, 09:00:47 PM
I spotted a Triceratops toy in an episode of The Walking Dead yesterday, but I didn't recognize the brand. Might have been some random Chinasaur.

I'm a HUGE fan of WD too!! I don't remember seeing a Trike in the premiere of the second half of this season. Do you remember what scene it was in? My guess is maybe in Noah's brother's bedroom where Tyreese was in? They also have all their recent episodes on their website, and OnDemand. I'll have to check it out!

Doug Watson

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 12, 2015, 11:57:15 PM
Hey, no problem, Doug! I always like a good photoshop challenge, anyway. ;) BTW, I'm a HUGE fan of Face/Off! I've watched it from the beginning and seen every season. I find it so fascinating watching the process of creating these prosthetics to realizing their final vision. I also like it because it usually doesn't have all the "drama" other contestant-based reality shows have. Everyone is always helping one another, and the judges, although critical at times, seem to be very fair. BTW, I love Ve Neill! She totally cracks me up! LOL!

I am always impressed with what they come up with in such a short time period, I am glad I don't have to do my work under those constraints. I liked the episode where the judges had to participate it gave them a new appreciation for what they put them through. I shared your image with Safari they said thanks and they thought is was cool as well.
P.S. I am a big Walking Dead fan as well I'll have to watch that episode again as well.

Doug Watson

I watched the last Walking Dead again and still didn't see the Triceratops but I did see the Aurora Forgotten Prisoner of Castel-Mare on the night stand behind the dead Terminus guy. That was neat for an old guy like me.

Meso-Cenozoic

Doug -- Very cool Safari got a kick out of my pic too! Sure wish I could've gotten a better quality, though. But you work with what you got. Haha!
Oh yeah, I really liked that episode with the judges competing too. I cracked up when Neville finally admitted out loud, "This is hard!" LOL!

OK. I watched through that WD's episode again on the AMC site. Too bad their videos aren't full HD. They're not bad on there, but if they were a full 1080p it sure would make for better screen caps. ;) Hehe!
So, just as I thought. The dino toys were in the bedroom of one of Noah's younger twin brothers; where Tyreese got attacked.

The first dino appearance, when Tyreese first enters the bedroom, the camera pans around the corner, and very briefly you see to the right, up on top of the dead boy's bed's headboard what looks to be a red Trike, a blue Stego, a brown theropod - possibly T. rex, and a yellow sauropod - probably a 'Brontosaurus' . All appear to be Chinasaurs of sorts. It really pans quickly. So, needless to say, a crappy pic was all I got.

The nicer figure you get glimpses of in scenes after that and also in the boy's bedroom is a bigger more detailed looking Stegosaurus that's sitting on a shelf of a free-standing bookshelf unit that's against the wall. Just above him on the same shelf is a big green lizard-looking thing. I don't think he's a dino. Here's a couple more bad pics of this guy. Even though he is better looking and not a bad paint job, I still think he's also a more generic toy. But I could be wrong!

The first pic you just see the top half of him, along with the big green lizardy-croc thingy sitting above him. Oh yeah. And that's the other younger brother just after he bit Tyreese, if you're wondering where about is this scene.

And here's the second shot of the Stego & friend with of course, the Governor...

All the pics are really small here. But if you click on each of their bars, it should take you to my PhotoBucket page. And when you hover the cursor over the pic there, you can click on the 'View image' icon that appears and gives you the original XL pic. (I'm sure most everyone knows how to do this. But just in case. ;D )

Doug Watson

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 13, 2015, 07:01:23 AM
OK. I watched through that WD's episode again on the AMC site. Too bad their videos aren't full HD. They're not bad on there, but if they were a full 1080p it sure would make for better screen caps. ;) Hehe!

You are good, I missed all of those, maybe I need a bigger TV. Hey, I just noticed the geode that Tyresse hits the adult walker with moves on the shelf between shots. In the final shot where he grabs it, the geode is on the far left of the shelf in one your shots it is to the right of the football and in the other it is gone perhaps back in the left corner since this is before the attack.

stargatedalek

The lizard like toy is an "Animal Planet" (Toy Major I think) crocodile.

Roselaar

Didn't even remember seeing those dinosaur toys in that Walking Dead episode. Or are you telling me it's a new one from Season 5, and the Governor isn't dead after all...?

The episode I meant was from Season 4, I think it was called Inmates (though I've been binging so the specifics might have blurred by now). It's in the house Carl and Michonne scavenge together. But not in the freaky pink room with all the corpses.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: