News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

tanystropheus

It's nice to see some interesting spinosaurids in 2014 (e.g. CollectA, WS). I also hope the Pachyrhinosaurus is comparable to Papo's model, sans antlers, of course.

Yutyrannus

SUCHOMIMUS!

MONOLOPHOSAURUS!

PACHYRHINOSAURUS!

AWESOME!

When will there be pictures?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on September 01, 2013, 08:34:38 PM
If you think about the Wild Safari Dinos introductions over the last couple of years or so, in 2012 Safari Ltd added a Vagaceratops, this year it was Diabloceratops, there has been a trend with Safari Ltd to add a new Ceratopsian to the Wild Safari Dinos range.  It is a great model, the figure represents P. canadensis, and it is a coincidence that the CGI movie coming out in December also features this Pachyrhinosaurus species.  All the models that we have seen are really good, check out Everything Dinosaur's blog, facebook page as more information and pics will be up shortly.  However, the official line from Safari Ltd is that we cannot release pics just yet.
I hope that they will continue this trend and release a Kosmoceratops next year :)! Do you know when the embargo will be lifted?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Suchomimus - Aaaaaahhhh.....
Monolophosaurus - Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh...........
Pachyrhinosaurus - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............................

Yes! Safari you are awesome! I just hope when the pics come out that they are actually as good as they seem.

Hellraptor

I would like to see these

Papo
Featherd Utahraptor
Giganotosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Apatosaurus
Amargasaurus
Dilophosaurus

Carnergie
Featherd Deinonychus
Yutyrannus
Heterodontosaurus
Iguanodon
Parsaurolophus

Wild safari
New Deinosuchus
Utahraptor
Quetzalcoatlos
Xiphactinus
New Baryonyx
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Balaur

Quote from: Hellraptor on September 02, 2013, 10:39:49 PM

Papo
Featherd Utahraptor
Giganotosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Apatosaurus
Amargasaurus
Dilophosaurus

Carnergie
Featherd Deinonychus
Yutyrannus
Heterodontosaurus
Iguanodon
Parsaurolophus

Wild safari
New Deinosuchus
Utahraptor
Quetzalcoatlos
Xiphactinus
New Baryonyx

The Safari releases have been reveald, but no pictures yet. They will have a new Suchomimus, and a Pachyrhinosaurus and a Monolophosaurus.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Hellraptor on September 02, 2013, 10:39:49 PM

Papo
Featherd Utahraptor
Giganotosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Apatosaurus
Amargasaurus
Dilophosaurus

Carnergie
Featherd Deinonychus
Yutyrannus
Heterodontosaurus
Iguanodon
Parsaurolophus

Wild safari
New Deinosuchus
Utahraptor
Quetzalcoatlos
Xiphactinus
New Baryonyx

Papo
Featherd Utahraptor
Giganotosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Apatosaurus
Amargasaurus
Dilophosaurus

Carnergie
Featherd Deinonychus
Yutyrannus
Heterodontosaurus
Iguanodon
Parsaurolophus

Wild Safari
New Deinosuchus
Utahraptor
Quetzalcoatlos
Xiphactinus
New Baryonyx
(hmmm.....)

Would a Wild Safari Suchomimus suffice?

Blade-of-the-Moon

VERY interesting choices.

A new Suchomimus was needed so much after the first one I've felt they owed it to us..lol Can't wait to see it..my 2nd favorite dinosaur !

Monolophosaurus ? I'll certainly get one of those. Should please a few Jurassic Park fans as well.

I'm actually growing quite fond of my WS ceratopsian collection..I hope they add more by the same sculptor. :)

Hermes888

While I'm happy with the selection for 2014 Wild Safari, I don't want to get my hopes too far up before I see any pictures. Though really, any Suchomimus figure they'll make can beat this:

Any news on when the photo embargo is lifted? Or when Carnegie figures for 2014 are revealed?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Hermes888 on September 03, 2013, 03:54:23 AM
While I'm happy with the selection for 2014 Wild Safari, I don't want to get my hopes too far up before I see any pictures. Though really, any Suchomimus figure they'll make can beat this:

Any news on when the photo embargo is lifted? Or when Carnegie figures for 2014 are revealed?

I honestly can't think of what wouldn't beat that...well in terms of dinosaur figures at any rate.

Nebuloid

The pictures are up at the Everything Dinosaur facebook page, with the pachyrhinosaurus being the best one...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Nebuloid on September 03, 2013, 08:17:45 PM
The pictures are up at the Safari facebook page, with the pachyrhinosaurus being the best one...
So the embargo has been lifted?

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brandem

hmm megalodon looks sorta bland, I've always perferred the idea that carcharocles megalodon looked more like a big sandtiger shark, you could have some real fun designing a whale eating shark around that body pattern (and i have too).  But people find something compelling about an overstuffed great white *yawn* 

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Jetoar on September 03, 2013, 08:44:33 PM
Wow a Megalodon figure  ^-^.

Ehm, and what's the difference with a White Shark figure?  :-X

Everything_Dinosaur

Safari Ltd asked us to provide feedback on the models that we had seen at our meeting.  This was done around 6pm BST. Shortly afterwards, we were sent the pictures, Safari Ltd will be looking at the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page to gauge opinions and such like.  We have handled the models, except for the Megalodon so I guess we would be one of the first to receive the pics.  Presumably, these images will be on general release and the information about other models for 2014 will be released in the near future, we will do our best to keep everyone posted.

Everything_Dinosaur

Technically, we don't think there is much difference.  Latest research suggests C. megalodon may have closer affinities to the Mako sharks, but in terms of fossil material there are just the teeth and some calcified centrum material to go on for C. megalodon.  In our interpretations, since we have assumed that this was a nektonic predator, filling the same role in the ecosystem as C. carcharias we have opted for virtually the same colouration as seen in Great Whites today.  I suppose Safari Ltd have done much the same.

brandem

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on September 03, 2013, 08:53:10 PM
Latest research suggests C. megalodon may have closer affinities to the Mako sharks,
I'd love to see that article, last one i read had linked C. carcharias to the ancestry of the broad toothed makos not megs http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1671/0272-4634(2006)26%5B806%3ATTAOTG%5D2.0.CO%3B2, freeing up megalodon to be linked with the giant tooth sharks in the lineage of Otodus, Otodus being the one whos is actually suggested to look like Carcharias taurus, but true ture megalodon did feed on mammals like whites do now, though evidence suggest it hunted in a different way targeting boney structures in the body like fins, vertebrea and ribs, while whites target fleshy areas.

Mauro "Raptor86"

To me a Megalodon figure it's just a waste of room for a potential 4th figure...

I really like the other 3, but the mega  *yuck*

SpartanSquat

Impressive colour patterns and details! My favourite by now is the Monolophosaurus. Megalodon...like you people

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: