News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Blade-of-the-Moon

How about they do another pterosaur ?  Like Quetzalcoatlus, Tupuxuara, or Ornithocheirus ? 

tyrantqueen

QuoteAnd we'll probably see more pre-dinos from Papo.A Gorgonops from them would be stunning.I would find it much more exciting than a Edaphosaurus (which is too similar to the Dimetrodon) I guess all depends of
Dimetrodon's success
Eh, not really. Edaphosaurus has a pin head, with peg like teeth. It has a body like Dimetrodon, with a sail, but is different in its own way. Besides, how can you have Dimetrodon without Edaphosaurus?

I would like if they took inspiration from the WWD Edaphosaurus

tanystropheus

I think Edaphosaurus would be more more exciting as a figure than Dimetrodon. Why is there a general lack of Edaphosaurus toys?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 25, 2013, 10:47:31 PM
I think Edaphosaurus would be more more exciting as a figure than Dimetrodon. Why is there a general lack of Edaphosaurus toys?
Yeah, everyone's favourite pin-head needs moar toys ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's like a T-Rex and a hadrosaur.  The Dimetrodon has a bigger head full of teeth and a sail..so it's cool..kids like cool.  ;)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 26, 2013, 04:31:00 AM

It's like a T-Rex and a hadrosaur.  The Dimetrodon has a bigger head full of teeth and a sail..so it's cool..kids like cool.  ;)

I like the Edaphosaurus sail! :)

Concavenator

In a few days,it'll be September.Last year the 2013 Safari figures were announced on late September.Sorry if this have been asked before,but,will Safari Ltd announce their new dinosaurs next month?I'm so excited!...  ::)
Huh,and safe bets for a wider appeal?  ???
Ok,I don't really know what it means,but I guess it will be something common,and great looking(*And more than 1,hopefully,more than 2  :P*)
As for the Safari lineup I want a more exotic species.
Safari said the announcement's getting closer...and closer
I'm really excited
We already know 3 2014 figures,but,moar,please!

Blade-of-the-Moon

If they're aiming for wide appeal you pretty much have to figure what they are. ;)

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur team members are having a meeting with Safari management in the next couple of days.  We are not sure whether we will be able to release details but if we have permission then we will provide the information on new Safari Ltd releases for 2014.

Concavenator

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on August 29, 2013, 08:45:28 AM
Everything Dinosaur team members are having a meeting with Safari management in the next couple of days.  We are not sure whether we will be able to release details but if we have permission then we will provide the information on new Safari Ltd releases for 2014.
What exciting!Can't wait to see what they have in the store for 2014!   ::)  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Even though at this point I'm almost certain I can figure out what they have in mind for the Carnegie line..I wouldn't mind validation.. ;D

Now the WS line..total mystery.

Concavenator

Ok,at least 2 of these has to be a 2014 Carnegie (considering that they'll be new sculpts):
Tyrannosaurus
Triceratops
Parasaurolophus
Maisaura
Pteranodon
Euoplocephalus
Protoceratops
Deinonychus
Pachycephalosaurus
Iguanodon
Mosasaurus
Dilophosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think you should have stopped at the first two..remember " definite sales " and " wide appeal " .

Balaur

Last year it was pretty easy to guess what dinosaur Carnegie would come out with. This year I think I have it all figured out... I think Blade is thinking the same thing as me. Am I correct? Only time will... well, give the answer.

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 31, 2013, 03:46:53 PM
Ok,at least 2 of these has to be a 2014 Carnegie (considering that they'll be new sculpts):
Tyrannosaurus
Triceratops
Parasaurolophus
Maisaura
Pteranodon
Euoplocephalus
Protoceratops
Deinonychus
Pachycephalosaurus
Iguanodon
Mosasaurus
Dilophosaurus.

Euoplocephalus, if it is a new sculpt, would have to be based on the UALVP specimen and would look quite different from what we think of as Euoplocephalus.

If you're thinking of what most people think of when they hear "Euoplocephalus," that's actually Scolosaurus.

Honestly, that's the second time I've made that comment here. When Giraffatitan was split off from Brachiosaurus, most people haere accepted that change and used it to nitpick "Brachiosaurus" figures that were really Giraffatitan. Why is it that the splitting of Euoplocephalus into four genera (which was just undoing some overzealous lumping in 1971) has been largely ignored?

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 31, 2013, 05:31:12 PM
I think you should have stopped at the first two..remember " definite sales " and " wide appeal " .
I don't think one is going to be Triceratops (I could be wrong,but the only dinosaur I can see potentially getting a second remake is Tyrannosaurus) :)
Also,Parasaurolophus or Pteranodon can have pretty wide appeal too. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: John on August 31, 2013, 07:33:55 PM
I don't think one is going to be Triceratops (I could be wrong,but the only dinosaur I can see potentially getting a second remake is Tyrannosaurus) :)

Those were the original anniversary picks..and most kids want the two to pair up and fight so I can see them going the route of another new Rex and Trike. Honestly with all the hints dropped this is my best guess as to what we'll see...if we even get two figures in the line. 

Concavenator

Quote from: Balaur on August 31, 2013, 06:34:55 PM
Last year it was pretty easy to guess what dinosaur Carnegie would come out with. This year I think I have it all figured out... I think Blade is thinking the same thing as me. Am I correct? Only time will... well, give the answer.
Call me strange but I thought last year that the Concavenator wasn't going to end up being a Carnegie.I thought that the most likely one was an updated Apato,but nope.It had to be the most unexpected one(just for me)because almost all of you putted:Carnegie:Concavenator in the older Hopes & Dreams thread.I think it became being the most likely one because of a list that said the 2013 Carnegie was going to be a theropod released by CollectA in 2011.Then another guy said that Concavenator was the most likely one,though it wasn't official.The end...a Carnegie Concavenator.Those times were different lol  ;D
Someone could say a hint like that...and all was alright.Now that doesn't happen.Is this becoming more 'Top Secret'year after year?LOL  ;D

What do you expect for 2014 Carnegie,Balaur and Blade?They are personal guesses after all  ::)  :)

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 31, 2013, 08:18:14 PM
Quote from: John on August 31, 2013, 07:33:55 PM

Those were the original anniversary picks..and most kids want the two to pair up and fight so I can see them going the route of another new Rex and Trike. Honestly with all the hints dropped this is my best guess as to what we'll see...if we even get two figures in the line.
The 10th anniversary Tyrannosaurus was released alongside a Psittacosaurus in 1999 and the new Triceratops didn't come out until the next year alongside the Tanystropheus. :)
But still,it wouldn't be a bad thing if it turned out that the new Carnegie models were exactly what you predicted.I would imagine the Carnegie Museum could really do them justice.  ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 31, 2013, 08:54:14 PM
Quote from: Balaur on August 31, 2013, 06:34:55 PM
Call me strange but I thought last year that the Concavenator wasn't going to end up being a Carnegie.I thought that the most likely one was an updated Apato,but nope.It had to be the most unexpected one(just for me)because almost all of you putted:Carnegie:Concavenator in the older Hopes & Dreams thread.I think it became being the most likely one because of a list that said the 2013 Carnegie was going to be a theropod released by CollectA in 2011.Then another guy said that Concavenator was the most likely one,though it wasn't official.The end...a Carnegie Concavenator.Those times were different lol  ;D
Someone could say a hint like that...and all was alright.Now that doesn't happen.Is this becoming more 'Top Secret'year after year?LOL  ;D

What do you expect for 2014 Carnegie,Balaur and Blade?They are personal guesses after all  ::)  :)
If it weren't for the hints from someone who worked for the Carnegie Museum,the Concavenator would have been just as out of left-field for everybody else too. :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: