News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:D Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 05, 2016, 10:29:04 AM
Great high-grade pictures as always! I didn´t think the CollectA Struthiomimus is that small! As to the Battat: It´s the micro version, isn´t it?

No, it's the 1:40 version. The Kaiyodo is slightly smaller than CollectA which is smaller than Battat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once again not an extinct species - but my favourite "modern Dinosaur".
            I do collect all of its figures that I can get. I hope I have every release so far. If not, please let me know!
                   Finally the first Western company has made one (CollectA). I hope others will jump on the boat.

:)  Balaeniceps rex  -  Shoebill

1. OOAK made by Harriet Knibbs   2. Phat! Doki Doki Doubutu Series
                                        3. CollectA   4. Kaiyodo - CapsuleQ Unique Animal Zoo vol.2
                              5. Eikoh Miniatureplanet   6. Kaiyodo - CapsuleQ Unique Animal Zoo vol.1

danmalcolm

@postsaurischian: Would you mind posting a photo of the Deinocheirus with a Lego or some other universal item for scale? I really like it, but I've never seen one in person and I feel like its a bit smaller than I'm imagining.

postsaurischian

Quote from: danmalcolm on August 05, 2016, 04:30:15 PM
@postsaurischian: Would you mind posting a photo of the Deinocheirus with a Lego or some other universal item for scale?

Here you go! Sorry, no Lego but an AAA batterie and the Schleich man, which is in 1:40.
  Measured along the spine the figure is 22 cm long. Giving Deinocheirus a length of 10 m CollectA's is in about 1:45.

ceratopsian

Lovely photos as usual.  I'm so eager to buy these latest CollectAs and your photos make me even more eager - but the Everything Dinosaur consignment is still somewhere on the ocean I believe!

postsaurischian

Thanks ceratopsian :)! I'm sure the latest CollectA figures will arrive in Europe soon. They always arrive 4 - 8 weeks after
Minizoo / Australia offers them. Funny thing: If I had waited until the European release the figures I ordered would have been
exactly EUR 1 cheaper (shipping included) - so I didn't want to wait any longer ;D.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^   Hirokazu Tokugawa 1:48  Albertosaurus & Pachyrhinosaurus  (built & painted by Martin Garratt ... a few years ago)

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Jose S.M.

They are beautiful indeed.  I love the colors on the head of the pachyrhinosaurus. And the overall look of Albertosaurus is very elegant

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

ceratopsian

The colours give them a jewel-like quality - very attractive.

danmalcolm

Thanks a bunch, postsaurichian!

Tyto_Theropod

They are both stunning figures! I love the mean and racy look the Albertosaurus has, and how when they're facing each other they look like they're frozen in a face-off. The colours are amazing, but I wouldn't expect anything less of Martin - the guy's a wizard!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Chasmosaur

Hi postsaurischian - do you collect the CollectA ceratopsians? They have so many unique species but the paintjob really puts me off from getting any of them. Was wondering if you repainted them so they look more beautiful.

postsaurischian

Thanks all for the comments :)!

Quote from: Chasmosaur on August 25, 2016, 09:21:28 AM
Hi postsaurischian - do you collect the CollectA ceratopsians? They have so many unique species but the paintjob really puts me off from getting any of them. Was wondering if you repainted them so they look more beautiful.

I'm not collecting the CollectA ceratopsians. Some time ago money and space issues made me stop buying anything I like in a way. I'm only collecting the figures I REALLY like now. Needles to say that there are still more than enough releases I can't resist ;D. The Dinosaur toy figure market has been exploding throughout the last years.
Nonetheless they are nice figures and I'm pretty sure that they'd look much much better with a beautiful repaint. By the way: It's not only CollectA's ceratopsians that have these absonant colours. All of their Dinosaurs do - if you ask me. It's CollectA's main problem.

IMPORTANT: My models are not painted by me. They're all the work of Martin Garratt. Some older ones were painted by Noora Kivisilta and it's making me sad not having seen her around here for so long now.

Derek.McManus

Impressive figures very dynamic!

sauroid

gorgeous models and photos.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dinomike

Truly amazing! Like someone said - they look like jewelry!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

postsaurischian

Colorata ~ Discover Dinosaurs "Feathered Dinosaurs" Premium box

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tyrannosaurus rex

Deinonychus antirrhopus

Velociraptor mongoliensis

Dilong paradoxus

Oviraptor philoceratops

Microraptor gui

Sinosauropteryx prima

Flaffy

They all look fabulous! Shame that they don't have primaries.
I really like how they did the tail feathers though! ^-^

postsaurischian

You're right - they're not perfect, but these Colorata boxes have a certain charme I can't resist :).

postsaurischian

^-^  Favorite ~ Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum: Yutyrannus the duel
                                   A true Dinosaur toy masterpiece by Kazunari Araki - candidate for figure of the year 2016.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: