News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

^-^  Favorite ~ Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum: Guanlong vs. Yinlong
                                                             Finally another Guanlong! This pair is in 1:12 - 1:15.

DinoLord

Gorgeous figures and photos. Makes me impatient to receive mine!

Thylacosmilus

Great photos! The Yutyrannus scene remember me a lot the classical "Leaping Laelaps" from Charles R. Knight!

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: empire3569 on September 07, 2016, 03:26:51 AM
....... I was wondering if you would be willing to post some of pics of the yutyrannus duo compared to the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus or some Papo models, perhaps in the "comparison thread" in the General Discussion section? I didn't want to ask on your collection thread as it didn't seem the appropriate place. .......

I'm in a hurry and cannot find the comparison thread at the moment, so I'm posting two pictures here.
I think it is the appropriate place :). The Favorite Yutyrannus is in about 1:40.

empire3569

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 07, 2016, 10:02:25 AM
:) Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: empire3569 on September 07, 2016, 03:26:51 AM
....... I was wondering if you would be willing to post some of pics of the yutyrannus duo compared to the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus or some Papo models, perhaps in the "comparison thread" in the General Discussion section? I didn't want to ask on your collection thread as it didn't seem the appropriate place. .......

I'm in a hurry and cannot find the comparison thread at the moment, so I'm posting two pictures here.
I think it is the appropriate place :). The Favorite Yutyrannus is in about 1:40.

Thank you so much for the comparison pics! That really is a great model set, I'm very excited to receive it!

Jose S.M.

Aside for the color of the skin and the feathers being lighter color in the W.S, they look like a family! maybe a trio of siblings, the W.S  being the oldest (for the feathers in the neck and bigger size).

postsaurischian

^-^  Favorite ~ Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum: Zhuchengtyrannus vs Sinoceratops
                                                  Another "theropod stalks ceratopsian" scene - scale is about 1:50.

Jose S.M.

I really like that ceratopsian, shame on me for not getting in contact with Brett to get that set, I just forgot to do it, dumb me!

Edit: I forgot that when I asked Brett for the Saurolophus I told him I might be interested in Zuchengtyrannus v Sinoceratops set and his source got it! I'm very happy.

postsaurischian

^-^  Favorite ~ Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum: Redondasaurus vs Coelophysis
                                      We don't get too much prehistoric crocodilians in this scale. The pair is in 1:20 - 1:25.

postsaurischian

^-^  Favorite ~ Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum: Bistahieversor vs Pentaceratops
                                      And last but not least one more theropod - ceratopsian clash. This pair is in about 1:40.

Halichoeres

I love that Redondasaurus! Can't wait for mine.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Helge can you offer more information regarding how the set including Min Yinlong comes? Is it possible to attain extras of certain figures or is it only by attaining the entire set? Anything?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 09, 2016, 05:16:19 PM
Helge can you offer more information regarding how the set including Min Yinlong comes? Is it possible to attain extras of certain figures or is it only by attaining the entire set? Anything?

The wole series consists of 5 different sets with 2 figures in each of them (as you can see in the pic below, ignore the Colorata box).
The sets are being sold seperately. If you only want the Yinlong you would have to buy it with Guanlong (which isn't so bad, is it?).
A friend of mine visited the museum. That's how I got mine. The only other source I know of is Brett who took orders for these sets (for a very
reasonable price). You should contact him. Maybe he has one Guanlong vs. Yinlong set left :-\. When I first saw the Yinlong in the Favorite thread
I was pretty sure that you would order one through Brett. If I had known that you didn't, I could have told my friend to buy one extra set .... pity.
Next time we should communicate.

pylraster

Beautiful figures! Now I want them as well. :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Thanks for explaining Helge.  I had no idea these sets were even coming . I do not biy from Brett but I believe another member is on top of helping me get a set now.  Indeed communicate.   If I had known I would have loved to get them already.   I will always be interested in basal ceratopsians.  They are an area I tend to specialize with
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jose S.M.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 10, 2016, 03:34:44 AM
Thanks for explaining Helge.  I had no idea these sets were even coming . I do not biy from Brett but I believe another member is on top of helping me get a set now.  Indeed communicate.   If I had known I would have loved to get them already.   I will always be interested in basal ceratopsians.  They are an area I tend to specialize with

Hi, If you think the person who is helping you can possibly help me too I would appreciate if you ask them or pass some info to me, if not that's ok hehe I got late to the party too

amargasaurus cazaui

I have made them aware of your comment

Jose S.M.

Libraraptor

Helge Helge, looking at your collection painfully shows me what I lack!

CityRaptor

I can only agree. So many beautiful Dinosaurs.

So, do the backgrounds of the boxes form a diorama?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: