News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 12, 2016, 09:55:30 PM
So, do the backgrounds of the (Favorite) boxes form a diorama?

No, they don't. It's the same background in all 5 boxes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  3 crowned dragons ~ Guanlong wucaii

Favorite - Fukui Museum                      UMF Models by Martin Garratt                    Capcom - Dinosaur Expo 2009

Bucklander

I do hope you were joking whenever and wherever it was that I read you might one day consider selling your collection. If not, please wait until I've made my first million! :))

DinoLord

Wow, is that one of Martin's sculpts?

Dilopho

Quote from: DinoLord on September 19, 2016, 03:27:53 PM
Yes, it days above the picture  ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bucklander on September 19, 2016, 02:20:04 PM
I do hope you were joking whenever and wherever it was that I read you might one day consider selling your collection. If not, please wait until I've made my first million! :))

That was in the "Favourite Dinosaur figure" thread. I wasn't able to force myself to decide for one figure, but I found a way to reasonably reduce the collection down to five and might do this one day when I'm retired. You know, my pension won't be very high :P. We will see. With Dr. Andre (brontodocus) I once talked about running a little museum when we're retired :). That's another option.

Quote from: DinoLord on September 19, 2016, 03:27:53 PM

Yes, it is. It came as a present with one of my assignments with him a few years ago.
After I had opened the package I was so shocked I couldn't speak for a few minutes ;D.

Megalosaurus

Wonderful collection.

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 09, 2016, 08:54:46 PM
[...]

I wish I had the money to buy them all.
But I can only afford a pair, they are the Guanlong and  Redondasaurus sets.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 28, 2016, 06:05:57 PM
....... I can only afford a pair, they are the Guanlong and  Redondasaurus sets.

Good choice :) ... I would also highly recommend the Yutyrannus duel.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Safari 'Prehistoric Sealife toob'  Henodus  &  PNSO mini No.012  Glyphoderma

PNSO mini No.019  Nyctosaurus

.... it's pretty close to 1:20 :).

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 08, 2016, 06:46:55 PM

... compared to other vinyl figures - Kaiyodo Dinoland (blue) & SEGA Prize (green):

I got the right one, found it lucky on ebay a few months ago (u were the other bidder so far i can remember or? :D). but where can i get the other 2 on the left, i didnt find them for buyers in germany. :(
As a big triceratops fan i need them.

Great thread btw, awesome pics. Where can u find Favorites and Kaiyodo dinos to buy in germany? And whos that Bret guy who got mentioned so many times. Is he a dino dealer? ;D
I send an email to Favorite once and asked where i can buy their dinos but they never answered.

One last question can u make a picture of ur whole collection or how are they displayed when not put in a light box?

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

RobinGoodfellow

@ BlueKrono : this thread is about Postsaurischian's collection and it isn't the right place to show your collection... Thanks.   C:-)

BlueKrono

Ah, I didn't know. My apologies.  :-[
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Flaffy

Ah, thanks for posting an image of the toob Henodus with the PNSO Glyphoderma! Desperately needed that comparison. ;D
They really compliment each other very well! Both are cute and bizarre.

Libraraptor

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments.

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on October 05, 2016, 11:07:00 PM
I got the right one, found it lucky on ebay a few months ago (u were the other bidder so far i can remember or? :D). but where can i get the other 2 on the left, i didnt find them for buyers in germany. :(
As a big triceratops fan i need them.

Great thread btw, awesome pics. Where can u find Favorites and Kaiyodo dinos to buy in germany? And whos that Bret guy who got mentioned so many times. Is he a dino dealer? ;D
I send an email to Favorite once and asked where i can buy their dinos but they never answered.

One last question can u make a picture of ur whole collection or how are they displayed when not put in a light box?

I bought my SEGA Prize Triceratops many years ago - so no, it wasn't me :).

The Mega Sofubi Advanced Triceratops is a 2016 release and like all Kaiyodo figures and models it is only being sold within Japan.
The only exception is Hobby Link Japan.
They ship internationally for reasonable prices & they accept Paypal: http://hlj.com/product/KYD00048
It's a bit expensive, but much cheaper as a model kit: http://kaiyodo.ecq.sc/kyd-maex002.html
For the model kit you should contact Brett.
He is indeed a Dino dealer (and other Japanese figures as well): http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=939

The Kaiyodo Dinoland Triceratops (blue) however has been out of production for a long time. You'd have to scan eBay.com or also contact Brett, so his source could check the Japanese auction pages. .... The same applies to Favorite products. He (or she?) can order directly from Favorite's homepage: http://www.f-favorite.net/

:)) No. I cannot show my whole collection in one pic. That would be too much of an effort and in order to have all of them pictured I had to stand so far away from the figures that you wouldn't be able to identify them. I have been showing some parts of my displays here and there in this thread. Some could only be shown if I also would show huge parts of my rooms. Not sure if I wanna do that :-[.
I just love showing them individually or in small groups (and I'm not using any kind of light boxes, just cardboard & sunlight).

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 06, 2016, 07:43:45 PM
Is that Andreas Köpke?!?!

Yes it is ;D ... in 1:20 as he looked in 2006.

Geraldopithecus

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 23, 2012, 10:22:40 PM
This one looks interesting :)

Good ole Nothosaurus :D
very rare! Looks amazing!!!

postsaurischian

^^  Oh! I should take some better pics of that Taiwanese resin Nothosaurus one day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^ PNSO Age of Dinosaurs No.07 ~ Chungkingosaurus (originally sculpted by ZHAO Chuang)

postsaurischian

^-^ PNSO mini No.10  Archaeopteryx

compared to Colorata & Kaiyodo:

postsaurischian

^-^  PNSO mini No.15  Confuciusornis

compared to WWD 3D Alexornis:

Halichoeres

It's my new favorite enantiornithine toy. :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

:)   5 ornithopoda figures in 1:40 by 5 different sculptors:

Corythosaurus ~ Forest Rogers, 1996

Olorotitan ~ Manuel Bejarano, 2012

Ouranosaurus ~ Gregory Wenzel, 1996

Saurolophus ~ Hirokazu Tokugawa, 2013

Gryposaurus ~ Doug Watson, 2013

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: