News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Lots of nice new additions! Interesting interpretation of Prestosuchus. Safari seems to have made stem-crocs fashionable.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Nice nice, great to see updates and to see your photographic skills tackle these awesome new figures! ;D

postsaurischian

:)   Thank you both for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.37
                                                                               ~ •    Pinacosaurus    • ~

???  Huh?

v    next to PNSO Ankylosaurus    v

ceratopsian

Bread

Lovely photos and pickups! Love the comparison and photo of the Pinacosaurus and lizard (Forgive me but I have forgotten the name of said lizard).

postsaurischian

:) Thank you!

avatar_Bread @Bread: It's a Thorny devil (Moloch horridus) - made for Kaiyodo's CapsuleQ Museum: Reptiles Lounge set.

SidB

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 14, 2021, 06:02:57 PM
  :) Thank you!

avatar_Bread @Bread: It's a Thorny devil (Moloch horridus) - made for Kaiyodo's CapsuleQ Museum: Reptiles Lounge set.

Everybody can benefit from a role model, but some do more than others.

Bokisaurus

That little one is awesome! And that photo with the thorny devil is just adorable! ;D

sauroid

very beautiful photos as usual. im becoming totally addicted to PNSO myself. there has never been a brand like this before. the affordability and beauty. perfect combination.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 12, 2021, 04:58:21 PM

These two look so good together despite the age difference between the two sculpts. If you don't mind, how do you display all of your treasures? Because I imagine your entire collection displayed at once would be quite like a mini museum. You seem to curate it with lots of attention to detail, commissioning repaints and bases and matching the figures up so perfectly. Would be cool to see.

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian My congratulations on your photos and on your new acquisitions! Honestly, the Miragaia didn't think it was that big! it is almost as big as his Carnegie homolog which is the largest I have in my collection.

The tyrannosaurus rex is a figure of that well-known theropod of the most scientific that exists in the market. I am glad that PNSO did not feather it.

The pinacosaurus is another tempting figure the only criticism I have against that figure that is very small, otherwise it is great.

postsaurischian

:)   Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: sauroid on February 17, 2021, 02:23:46 PM....... im becoming totally addicted to PNSO myself. there has never been a brand like this before. the affordability and beauty. perfect combination.

:))   He, he! "Addiction" is the correct term.

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on February 20, 2021, 11:15:06 AMIf you don't mind, how do you display all of your treasures? Because I imagine your entire collection displayed at once would be quite like a mini museum. You seem to curate it with lots of attention to detail, commissioning repaints and bases and matching the figures up so perfectly. Would be cool to see.

I cannot display all my treasures because of space issues and because I do not feel well if it's too overcrowded.
 I'm still looking for a bigger apartement but it's not easy these days in my city. I was close a few months ago but
 it didn't work out. I have several displays like this one or this one or that one. It's always in a state of flux. Those three
 don't look like that anymore. A mini museum is what I'm dreaming about, but first I have to find a new and bigger home.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.40 & 41
                                                              ~ •    Sinoceratops & Machairoceratops    • ~

stoneage

postsaurischian

Quote from: stoneage on February 22, 2021, 10:53:05 PM
:)  Do you collect 45's?

Do you mean 7" vinyl single records? No.
I have some, but the the recording media you see in the linked pics are CDs.

sauroid

is it true that CDs deteriorate after several years in storage even when unplayed?
and those PNSO ceratopsians are stunning (still waiting for mine to arrive).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Bread on February 14, 2021, 05:32:14 PM
Lovely photos and pickups! Love the comparison and photo of the Pinacosaurus and lizard (Forgive me but I have forgotten the name of said lizard).

A little glimpse into convergent evolution, right?

Beautiful pictures as usual!

stoneage

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 23, 2021, 07:54:47 AM
Quote from: stoneage on February 22, 2021, 10:53:05 PM
:)  Do you collect 45's?

Do you mean 7" vinyl single records? No.
I have some, but the the recording media you see in the linked pics are CDs.

Under the CD's and Dinosaurs are some white boxes with handles that look similar to what I have 45's in.

postsaurischian

:)   Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: sauroid on February 23, 2021, 10:05:50 AMis it true that CDs deteriorate after several years in storage even when unplayed?

avatar_sauroid @sauroid: People have been saying this since I started buying CDs in 1989. I have several hundreds now, maybe close to a
 thousand. All I can say is that there's not a single one having flaws today - except for some that had been burned by myself.

Quote from: stoneage on February 24, 2021, 11:19:55 PMUnder the CD's and Dinosaurs are some white boxes with handles that look similar to what I have 45's in.

S @stoneage: Ah, I see. These boxes are for Silver Age and Bronze Age sized comic books :) .

^-^

~ •    PNSO Dinosaurs Museum 1:35 Triceratops    • ~
                                                                              repainted by Ben van Steenberge

When I first saw some of Ben's repainted figures, my immediate reaction was: "I want one!". I absolutely love his style.
                  Since I still can't bring myself to join Facebook I have to send Elizabeth avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian my deepest thanks for introducing me to him.

ceratopsian

It was my pleasure to help.  And how I love his repaint of this Triceratops!

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 26, 2021, 08:38:48 AMIt was my pleasure to help.  And how I love his repaint of this Triceratops!

Thanks again! I haven't been happy with my Caiuajara since I saw yours painted by Ben ..... until now ;D .

:)

~ •    CollectA Caiuajara Deluxe    • ~
                                                  originally sculpted by Matthias Geiger / repainted by Ben van Steenberge

:)  Lynx eyes!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: