News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

Found a bunch of Kaiyodos in a hobby shop. I had most of them, but there was a trilobite there that I didn't have. So I bought it and looked it up when I got home. Turns out it's a Triarthrus. It looks pretty cool.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Lio99

I bought the collectA baronyx and triceratops box set today for $15, is that a good price?

Thundercharge

Click sig for my collection! :)

Lio99

Wildheart

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Lio99 on March 17, 2012, 09:44:40 AM
I bought the collectA baronyx and triceratops box set today for $15, is that a good price?

Yes, I really think so!

Anyway, yesterday I found a shop here in Palermo that sells Mojo Stuff and I bought the Sarcosuchus!

Thundercharge

Quote from: Lio99 on March 18, 2012, 05:18:09 AM
any trouble assembling them?
All of them except the Deinonychus skeleton were pretty easy to put together, and took less than a minute. The Deinonychus skeleton however... didn't want to stay together, and then one of his arms wouldn't want to go in. I ended up breaking off the peg trying to get it in. So I just ended up wedging the broken end into the hole and it fit much better  ::) ;D

Quote from: Wildheart on March 18, 2012, 10:01:48 AM
Nice dinotales! :D
Thanks!  ;D

Seijun

Quote from: Thundercharge on March 18, 2012, 02:53:42 PM
Quote from: Lio99 on March 18, 2012, 05:18:09 AM
any trouble assembling them?
All of them except the Deinonychus skeleton were pretty easy to put together, and took less than a minute. The Deinonychus skeleton however... didn't want to stay together, and then one of his arms wouldn't want to go in. I ended up breaking off the peg trying to get it in. So I just ended up wedging the broken end into the hole and it fit much better  ::) ;D

Quote from: Wildheart on March 18, 2012, 10:01:48 AM
Nice dinotales! :D
Thanks!  ;D

I had to play mix-n-match with no less than three deinony skeletons before I could get two completed with properly fitting parts. One arm would not fit into any of the three torsos! But I must say, for mass-produced micro-puzzle figures that were originally given away free, I'm surprised Kaiyodos fit together at all!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

QuoteIf you have the Rest of the 2010 CollectA set, be sure not to place your Tsintaosaurus behind him

oops

recent acquisition on the left

Thundercharge

Lio99

Bokisaurus

Ok, just got some of CollectA's new figures! Wow :o REally impressed and liking these new figures!
Firs tup is the lovely Theri, finally got it! It's truly a beautiful figure!They did a wonderful job on this guy, and the color is a lot more complex in person than in those stock photos. Its a must have figuire, Dan did a great review on this figure.
[

][/img]

Next is the 1:40 Neovenator, another excellently sculpted and designed figure. Nothing like its predecessor, this one is totally new and its awesome!
Very well balance on its small foot. Nice movement on the figure.
[

][/img]

And here we have the first from the family group series, the hypsos ;D
Again, these guys looks better and seems to be better sculpted than in the prototype photos. They are small! Its nice to have this group, good for diorama displays ;)
[
and here they are with some friends :D

Happy Dino hunting! ;) ;D
[

Oh new, ungulate ;D a really cool Chap Mei Oryx ;)
[

Lio99

nice pics boki, like always.

Simon

Just got the Collecta therizinosaurus, kosmoceratops, WS Vagaceratops, Acrocanthosaurus and Ceratosaurus ...

My reaction is just da*n!  I don't know which one is better than the other  :o

The Theri is my favorite PVC figure.  Period.  Epic, as the youngsters say ...  ::)

the Kosmo is fantastic;

the Acro is the best one done to date - I like it better than the Battat one, and man, THAT is saying something!

the Ceratosaurus is the best toy one made to date - feet could have been smaller, though ...

the Vagaceratops is superbly done - it doesn't totally float my boat (not enough head ornamentation), but as a sculpt its an A+

WOW.

And the best figures (Deinocherius, Argentinosaurus, etc) aren't even out yet .... ;D

Gwangi

Before those pictures I wasn't sure if I wanted the Neovenator, now I'm sure I do.

Tylosaurus

This CollectA Therizinosaurus looks interesting and indeed a lot like Deinocheirus, makes me want one tooz :D

Just like their odd looks the over sized forelimbs and then the Gallimimus head, neck & body they look funny, which makes them cool.
Ancestors of the birds me thinks, in time the long arms were replaced by wings, taking Archaeopterix as a very good example :)

postsaurischian

I just got this TS Muttaburrasaurus that was generously sent to me by Boki :D.

Thank you, Boki. I owe you :).
Only a few weeks ago I visited this old friend twice .......

....... as displayed in Brisbane / QLD

....... as displayed in Sydney / NSW where I only had the bad camera with me

Seijun

What does "TS" stand for?
It's a very lovely figure, I don't think I have ever seen one before or knew it existed!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Horridus

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 20, 2012, 01:09:46 PM
Ancestors of the birds me thinks, in time the long arms were replaced by wings, taking Archaeopterix as a very good example :)
Therizinosaurs weren't the ancestors of birds, although they were very birdlike. They actually evolved the backwards-facing pelvis convergently, probably as an adaptation to make room for a big ol' herbivorous gut.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on March 20, 2012, 05:39:45 PM
What does "TS" stand for?
It's a very lovely figure, I don't think I have ever seen one before or knew it existed!

See here: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=collections&action=display&thread=1582

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: