News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Sincerely they are three of the best figures of dinosaurs of the world-wide market the tyrannosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus of Safari. My congratulations @Frembrogon

Roselaar

Today's JWFK haul. Let's see if you can spot the little package variant of the Ceratosaurus. ;)

Reptilia

One has that blue ad at the top right corner, where it should say that it is a new item. Did you get two because of that?

MLMjp

The Legacy collection has arrived!  ;D

Humans and Spinosaurus should be coming soon. (According to a catalogue  ::))

Roselaar

Quote from: Reptilia on July 05, 2018, 09:41:30 PM
One has that blue ad at the top right corner, where it should say that it is a new item. Did you get two because of that?

No, it was an added bonus. I wanted two Ceratosaurs because I love this figure. :)

I so hope the JW Legacy Collection will soon be available in my country, but that does not seem likely to happen...  :-\

Lone Trike

Quote from: paintingdinos on July 04, 2018, 12:46:06 AM
Quote from: Lone Trike on July 03, 2018, 11:28:04 AM
...Did you have to pay any customs fees? Would be interesting to know!

Nope, no fees! I've never had to pay anything to customs, and I've had models shipped from all over (Russia, Italy, China, UK). At least I didn't know about it if I did- could be some of the sellers rolled the price into the upfront cost.

I'll certainly let you know once its painted!

Thank you very much for the info! That´s great to know! The whole customs process is quite confusing. I´ve spent some boring hours just gathering information on how to label packages correctly for international shipping. Well, I´m glad everything works out so far :))
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

Archosauria

I've gotten a small handful of new dinosaurs over the past few weeks, such as the 2018 Dimetrodon from Safari LTD, the now retired Safari LTD edmontosaurus and the Gastornis, also now retired.
I finally got my hands on the JWFK Baryonyx as well as the JWFK Allosaurus and Gallimimus!  ;D
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Roselaar

It has taken almost two years, but today my Raptors finally found their home. Anticipation has been building fot these gems for months, and still they do not disappoint. Beasts of the Mesozoic is gonna bankrupt me for sure, but is totally worth it! :)

Nimravus

Hi all,
it has been a long time without posting, holidays, world cup... but I am back again. >:D I have been pretty busy in the last two months... :-X
Let´s start with the books. I spent some time in Washington and New York, so I couldn´t pass without visiting the Smithsonian and the American Museum of Natural History. And of course, I couldn´t avoid buying some books in their bookshops  ;D

In addition to that, I spent a long weekend in Spain and took advantage to finally visit the Exhibition of Cenozoic Mammals found in Cerro de los Batallones (Madrid). Totally recommended. I bought the Exhibition book, and one of the pieces scuplted by Jesús Toledo, the Deccenotherium, found at that very place.

Further to the books, some nice Beasts of the Mesozoic arrived, the great-looking Pyroraptor and Acheroraptor

In the meantime, I have been buying some old Bullylands, that I either didn´t have or had but not in good condition. You will see that I got the Ammonites and Belemnites, another Mastodonsaurus, a Liliensternus in a pretty good condition, and a new Parathypothorax, Glyptodon and Procynosuchus.  ;D

Finally, I have started acquiring the second wave of CollectA pieces that have been issued lately, and the new Schleich Oviraptor. The Iguanodon is one of the best I have ever seen, and the Mapusaurus is really nice as well. Some additional extant mammals were included in the pack (Papo Cheetah, Schleich Gorilla and Animals of Australia Bandicoot).

I will post more pictures in my thread as usual. Enjoy, as I do... ;)

Reptilia

The cheetah is beautiful, I must start to get some 2018 extant figures too cause my Papo wishlist is getting pretty long!

PhilSauria

Nice additions! Love to know where people are finding that Mastodonsaurus - I have been trying to track one down for ages. Last one I did come across had an insane price tag, and don't get me started on shipping.

Jose S.M.

Congratulations on those figures and books!

DinoToyForum

Nimravus

Quote from: PhilSauria on July 08, 2018, 11:12:15 PM
Nice additions! Love to know where people are finding that Mastodonsaurus - I have been trying to track one down for ages. Last one I did come across had an insane price tag, and don't get me started on shipping.
Here in Germany they are easier to find, in fact I have gathered two in pretty good condition, and another two, maybe to be repainted or traded. I can trade with you one of the pieces, if you want. Just send me a PM.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations avatar_Nimravus @Nimravus  have made a good collection of books and figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.

ceratopsian

A goodly haul there!  I do so love to find a well stocked museum bookshop.  I always think if I don't buy something, it might not be so well stocked next time I visit as they will cut back on what they offer!

Syndicate Bias

Finally got my papo Quetzalcoatlus and Rebor Carnotaurus. Sadly the Quetzal had some distorted upper jaw issues. Noticeable a bit but I'll live. The jaw on the quetzal isnt the sttongest either so i have to be careful when i open it so it doesn't close back again. Nevertheless both are great figures and can't wait for more exciting releases next year

Doug Watson

Quote from: Nimravus on July 08, 2018, 08:15:48 PM
Hi all,
In addition to that, I spent a long weekend in Spain and took advantage to finally visit the Exhibition of Cenozoic Mammals found in Cerro de los Batallones (Madrid). Totally recommended. I bought the Exhibition book, and one of the pieces scuplted by Jesús Toledo, the Deccenotherium, found at that very place.

Congratulations, I am really envious of that book I am a big Mauricio Anton fan. I just realized that you have included the cover of the Exhibit catalogue and I found the ISBN but I also see there is a larger volume with the same title 611 pages that sells for 48 euros. Have you seen that copy?

Nimravus

Y
Quote from: Doug Watson on July 09, 2018, 06:05:45 PM
Quote from: Nimravus on July 08, 2018, 08:15:48 PM
Congratulations, I am really envious of that book I am a big Mauricio Anton fan. I just realized that you have included the cover of the Exhibit catalogue and I found the ISBN but I also see there is a larger volume with the same title 611 pages that sells for 48 euros. Have you seen that copy?
Yeah, the book that I bought was the short version, but the long one is as well sold in the Museum (it is 50€). I was very close to buy it, but I thought it might be too technical for me. If you are interested in buying either one or the other, you could try to contact them on this email address [email protected]. Their webpage is https://www.losviajerosdeltiempo.com

I do love Mauricio Anton's artwork as well. He has been responsible for most part of the illustrations in the Exhibition. In my personal opinion, I would dare to say that he is one of the best in drawing extinct mammals, especially saber-tooths. I recommend everyone this book https://www.amazon.com/Sabertooth-Life-Past-Mauricio-Anton/dp/025301042X. In fact, some of the illustrations in the book that I bought were already in the one on Sabertooths.
I do also have this one from Mauricio Antón, that I recommend as well. https://www.amazon.com/Big-Cats-Their-Fossil-Relatives/dp/0231102291/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531162214&sr=8-1&keywords=the+big+cats+and+their+fossil+relatives
Hope it was of assistance.

Shonisaurus

I have the book Doug and I can attest that it is luxury from my honest point of view. I also like the excellent illustrations by Mauricio Antón.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: