News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: Nimravus on July 09, 2018, 07:52:48 PM
Yeah, the book that I bought was the short version, but the long one is as well sold in the Museum (it is 50€). I was very close to buy it, but I thought it might be too technical for me. If you are interested in buying either one or the other, you could try to contact them on this email address [email protected]. Their webpage is https://www.losviajerosdeltiempo.com
Hope it was of assistance.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 09, 2018, 09:32:07 PM
I have the book Doug and I can attest that it is luxury from my honest point of view. I also like the excellent illustrations by Mauricio Antón.

Thank you both that is really tempting. At today's rate that's $77 CAD not including shipping. I may have to ask Santa for that one, I only wish there was an English version.

Roselaar

Today's addition: Stiggy!

MLMjp

About time that I finally got myself a Carnotaurus and Blue! Also found a crocodile mimic.

Quote from: Roselaar on July 12, 2018, 09:26:28 PM
Today's addition: Stiggy!
I saw the battle damage version when I went hunting for figures today, but did not buy it, I still don't know which version I like the most.

Noiselessx

Alright guys, after waiting for nearly a month for the new I-toy 2018 T-rex it finally came today

I've got it from alixpress for 65 euros. However, the guy that sold it to me quickly raised the price up to 75 for some reason just after my purchase.  Here is the link that I've got it from:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018-Jurassic-World-Dinosaur-model-Ancient-biological-Adult-Collection-toys-Rex-Tyrannosaurus/32887214245.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5f524c4d0dSUkA
I am a dino geek who rediscovered his passion for collecting figures yet again.

IrritatorRaji

I bought this, it hasn't actually arrived yet, but I'm just so excited! Never purchased a custom paint job this detailed before!

Jose S.M.

What a makeover! It looks wonderful.

Faelrin

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji Absolutely amazing repaint you ordered there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

IrritatorRaji that touch of paint leaves that JP tyrannosaurus rex figure even better.

Dilopho

MLMjp

First!

AcroSauroTaurus

Went to Chicago over the weekend, to see the new exhibits at the Field Museum and for G-Fest.(A Kaiju convention)
Field Museum: CollectA Mosasaurus
G-Fest: Tyco Dino-Riders Pteranodon, mini Rodan, and Bandai gashapon Shin Godzilla's forms 2 and 4.

Sorry for the poor quality, the lighting isn't very good in my room.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Nimravus

Hi guys,

this is the new stuff the postman brought last week. The new Schleich Trike, two more archosaurs to add to my collection, the new CollectA`s Gomphotherium, and some additional extant animals (Mojo`s American black bear, Papo´s Maki Vari and CollectA´s Muskox and pigmy hippo). For those who collect them as well, I really recommend the Muskox, really impressive. On top of it, I have my first painted Invicta. What a lucky find! My nephew didn´t like it, and he was going to give it to a friend...when I found out, and I kept it for me  >:D

Estemmenosuchus and Dimetrodon are wonderful. As several members have already pointed out, the election of colours hasn´t been the best one, but their details are amazing. In addition to that, the Estemmenosuchus is not a common species, so I love it. I will put them with the rest of the Archosaurs gang.
The Schleich Trike is another nice surprise Schleich has given to us this year, along with the Oviraptor and Dinogorgon. Hopefully they willl be able to get away from their policy of producing awful scientifically incorrect commercial models.
Finally the Gomphotherium is much better than the previous version I have produced by Bullyland, although I cannot say that I don´t like it.
We are living a golden age of production of Dinosaur/Prehistoric animal figurines. Safari and CollectA are competing to produce really detailed models and not-very-well-known species ;D; Papo and Rebor, with their cons, are worth as well; the chinese companies are growing and they provide quality pieces... what else can we ask? Maybe some tiny lovely Kaiyodos...

Shonisaurus

Totally in agreement with you the estemmenosuchus is great even if you do not have it on my shelves. I have seen photographs and videos whose frontally shaped head resembles what I wanted from that figure. Of course, promotional photography did not do it any justice.

The dimetrodon is another good paleo-culture work and I can say the same about Schleich's triceratops.

As you say we are living in the golden age of the companies of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals both toy and vinyl and resin but we sincerely owe this to the saga of Jurassic Park by Steven Spielberg and we owe it to pioneer series such as WWD from the great BBC producer.

DragonRider02

got this beautiful Boy last friday. Since he is now retired, I decided to get him now, before he'll be too hard (and expensive!) to afford.

Roselaar

Got a souvenir from the giftshop of the Maastricht Natural History Museum, plus my first three JW BD dinosaurs:

SBell

Quote from: Nimravus on July 17, 2018, 08:19:45 PM
(snip)In addition to that, the Estemmenosuchus is not a common species, so I love it. I will put them with the rest of the Archosaurs gang. (snip)

NOOOOO! Estemmenosuchus is not an archosaur--it's a synapsid! It's a distant relative of people! OF PEOPLE! (...dragged away by the authorities...)

BlueKrono

Quote from: SBell on July 20, 2018, 02:03:28 PM
Quote from: Nimravus on July 17, 2018, 08:19:45 PM
(snip)In addition to that, the Estemmenosuchus is not a common species, so I love it. I will put them with the rest of the Archosaurs gang. (snip)

NOOOOO! Estemmenosuchus is not an archosaur--it's a synapsid! It's a distant relative of people! OF PEOPLE! (...dragged away by the authorities...)

See ya in my Soylent Green in the morning...
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Haha.
A few things I got since my last post here:
Kleinwelka postcards, also a Sinclair postcard ( the number is written on the plastic it is wrapped in, not the card itself ), a few Panini JWFK cards and stickers ( Indoraptor glows in the dark! )

Two magazines ( Spektrum is the German version of Scientific American and this is a special issue that is out of print. Saw it via coincidence in a store, GEO has an article about birds being dinosaurs ), the guide to Dinosaurierpark Teufelsschlucht ( which is really just a modified guide to Münchehagen, including several animals Münchehagen has, but Teufelsschlucht lacks ) and a T-Rex-World Stegosaurus excavation kit ( a souvenir )

And finally what fits this forum more:

Various Bullylands ( the Pachy is from Dinosaurierpark Teufelsschlucht, the rest came from ebay ) and a set of Schleich Minis. A rather nice one, since it contains three of the best Schleich Minis ( mainly wanted it for the Dino Crisis 2 Mosasaurus, but Ichthyosaurus and Quetzalcoatlus are nice, too )...and the Spinosaurus, which is a rather interesting piece, since the very same version of that mold was also used for the one from the first magazine AKA Sam and as a giveway at the 2017 Nuremberg Toyfair.

Oops, forgot something:
Got a "Puzzle Sticker" Tyrannosaurus skeleton from relatives. ( Basically the skeleton is in pieces, which one glues on a sheet of cardboard. Decided to do it in order to test if those are suited for decoration purposes. They don't in my opinion. ) Also got a Hot Wheels Dino Riders Double Demon from them. And obtained some Kid'sworld Dinosaurs: Mato ( Triceratops ), Steve ( Stegosaurus ), Evan ( some sort of Ankylosaur ) and Chico ( outdated Compsognathus ?  ) And yep, those names sound like members of a boygroup. Missing: Jura ( Ceratosaurus ), Owe ( T.rex ), Breti ( outdated Ornitholestes ? ) and Dlaba ( probably meant to be Dimetrodon, but looks more like Secodontosaurus )

UPDATE: A pair of Apatosaurus ( or maybe Brontosaurus ) arrived today. Carnegie in original coloration and Invicta. Despite the seller packing it really well, the Invicta sadly boke off the tip of its tail. But hey, I think that can be fixed. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Here he is! Spinosaurus!
Sorry for the photos not being as decent as usual, the bushes I normally like to take pictures under are being a bit swarmed at the moment. Bees, Wasps and Flies all seem to like the flowers!  ^-^

Honestly, this figure is massive. The tail doesn't even seem small in person from most angles. The legs are absolutely massive, and to be honest they're a little loose? It's a pretty heavy figure, but thankfully the legs do have a locking mechanism (How many times did I tell you, we need LOCKING MECHANISMS ON THE CAR DOOORS...!), so no Hasbro Indominus-style faceplanting.

Wuh-oh...could this be trouble?

Nah, they're just gonna share Billy. (My only JP Human figure  ;D)

Simon

Quote from: Dilopho on July 21, 2018, 05:34:39 PM

Finally - after 17 years, a PROPER JP Spinosaurus figure!!!  ;D ;D  (Glad I'm out of that collecting market - or else I'd be in BIG trouble with my wife ... the "New JP Toy Universe" looks pretty darned awesome!!)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: